canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Bibbi Bibbi:
RUEZ RUEZ:
sandorski sandorski:
Creationist Translation: Ancient footprints show we've walked this way for 10 thousand years, Praise Jesus!

Atheist translation: Ah duh, what?

I think he is saying that because man's foot has not "evolved" since that print, therefore no evolution took place and creation is correct.

Rather an extreme stretch in logic, in my opinion.

You might want to read the whole article or even the comments below it. :wink:

$1:
"Ancient footprints show we've walked this way for 1.5 million years"

We Walked this way?? There is no "we" in this story.

The footprints were left by our dead end cousins -Homo ergaster or Homo erectus based on their estimated size.

Homo Sapien didn't walk this way until about 250,000 to 400,000 years ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Bibbi Bibbi:
sandorski sandorski:
Again you seem to think that ETs would throw a monkey wrench into Evolutionary Thought. It wouldn't. It is already fully accepted that Evolution would likely occur very differently on other Planets. There would be no crisis.

OK, then you are agreeing with my previous statement elsewhere that evolution is random and on Earth man is the accidental consequence.

Uh... How is man accidental?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:15 pm

Tricks Tricks:
You only say that because you have not met my wife's cousin. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:18 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Tricks Tricks:
You only say that because you have not met my wife's cousin. :lol:

:?:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Bibbi Bibbi:
RUEZ RUEZ:
sandorski sandorski:
Creationist Translation: Ancient footprints show we've walked this way for 10 thousand years, Praise Jesus!

I think he is saying that because man's foot has not "evolved" since that print, therefore no evolution took place and creation is correct.

Seeing how creationist think the earth and man is only like a thousand years old or so they use to claim and that once something is evolved into something else why would it's footprint change? Evolution doesn't occur through a animal that's already alive. It occurs through animals that are in the process of being born. Hence there wouldn't be a change in our footprints since we evolved.

Just pointing that out to anybody that actually believes that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:52 pm

$1:
Seeing how creationist think the earth and man is only like a thousand years old or so

They do? I think you're off by a few multiples and factors there. There are plenty of creationists, the majority in fact, who think the earth is billions of years old and that man took millions of years to reach self awareness.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:00 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:
Seeing how creationist think the earth and man is only like a thousand years old or so

They do? I think you're off by a few multiples and factors there. There are plenty of creationists, the majority in fact, who think the earth is billions of years old and that man took millions of years to reach self awareness.

That was a crack at the creationists who believed the earth was younger than it is. Despite dinosaur fossils and how old they were. I also stated "or so they use to" because the majority doesn't believe that anymore.

So yeah...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:03 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Seeing how creationist think the earth and man is only like a thousand years old or so...

Are you sure about that? We are in the year 2009, that in itself should prove that "creationists" don't believe the earth is 1000 years old.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Bibbi Bibbi:
sandorski sandorski:
Again you seem to think that ETs would throw a monkey wrench into Evolutionary Thought. It wouldn't. It is already fully accepted that Evolution would likely occur very differently on other Planets. There would be no crisis.

OK, then you are agreeing with my previous statement elsewhere that evolution is random and on Earth man is the accidental consequence.

Because of the variables in climate, environment, etc. that led to the evolution of man. If the variables were different then there is no reason to believe that man would be the result.

On the other hand, if you are a creationist, then perhaps you believe that God structured evolution toward man as the end result.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Seeing how creationist think the earth and man is only like a thousand years old or so...

Are you sure about that? We are in the year 2009, that in itself should prove that "creationists" don't believe the earth is 1000 years old.

I think that the creationists believe that the Garden of Eden and the Adam and Eve story is location and timewise based on the hanging gardens of Babylon in the Middle East, which would put it at about 1,000 BC or so.

That by the way, is why a lot of ancient archeological sites were incorrectly dated as not much older than about 1,000 BC.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:11 pm

Bibbi Bibbi:
RUEZ RUEZ:
sandorski sandorski:

You read funny.