CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:25 pm

WTF??

Seriously, WTF?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Just another reason to hold them accountable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:58 am

What the h was that about?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Looks like Liberal Sen. Kenny is the one being disruptive and acting like a petty tyrant here.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:38 pm

$1:
"These people were happy when we were criticizing Liberal governments, but not when are were criticizing Conservative governments."

Here's the one statement that tells the truth of the story.

Enough with the partisan crap on all sides. Get to work.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:52 pm

You skipped right over this section and found just what you wanted..

$1:
Kenny, of holding meetings when Conservatives aren't available, conducting illegitimate votes and calling her names that can't be repeated.

"He tends to run roughshod over the system," she said. "Dictatorship is actually a word that I heard one of my Liberal colleagues use to describe this. I think this is a man who has had control of a committee, who is used to having his own way."

Conservative Senator David Tkachuk said Kenny has hired outside consultants — at a cost of up to $160,000 a year, paid for by the Senate — who serve only him and not other members of the committee.

"He seems to think because he is the chairman of the committee, he can do what he wants," Tkachuk said. "My view is, he has to serve the interests of the committee, he doesn't serve the interests of himself."

What party was it that keeps calling to hold these senators accountable? To set term limits and try to make their appointment reflective of the wishes of the province and not the whim of the Prime Minister?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:08 pm

And you choose to ignore the objective perspective as usual.

As I said. Enough with the partisan crap on ALL sides.

With the same people involved, this story would be identical if it was a Liberal government in power.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:12 pm

Something has got to give. They can't both be right and there needs to be a restoration of decorum. If the chair is out of order he needs to step down. Frankly, the senator from NL was out of order but the authority is seriously undermined with the attacks, warranted or not. That atmosphere is that of a Jerry Springer show. How can work get done like that? Trust in both parties has been marred with this revelation.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Why do we need Senators again? [huh]

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:39 pm

Regina Regina:
Why do we need Senators again? [huh]

We don't, but unless the Reform component can guide the Conservative party to get themselves elected with a huge majority and the provinces are all hugging each other singing Kumbaya which would allow a change in the constitution, it never going to change.

I'm not holding my breath......

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Without the advent of the Reform party, no one would have even considered senate reform. It was only the vision and push of the Reform party that brought the state of the senate into the minds of the Canadian people.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:03 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
It was only the vision and push of the Reform party that brought the state of the senate into the minds of the Canadian people.

Actually it was Mulroney stacking the Senate that even made it an issue.

Regardless, how's that working out for you Reformers? Great idea with zero chance of implementation.......... ever.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Don't feel bad US Senators often times are an embarrasment.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:51 pm

I guess when your an unelected party hack accountability isn't an issue, now is it???

These people from all appearances are the court jesters of the parlimentary system and since we've graduated from the dark ages in everything except democracy, perhaps it's time to bring our system into line with the 21 century.

So if I may be so bold as to suggest! Fuck em, Fire em all and shut the doors on this travesty of democracy called the Canadian Senate, or, at the very least make them accountable to the Canadian population through elections.