Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 am

EdwardRI EdwardRI:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
I like how evolution is being taught in schools as fact when in FACT, it is still a THEORY. Even the "educated" masses that believe in evolution conveniently forget it's a theory still and thusly UNPROVEN.

Do you believe that humans contain DNA that codes the proteins that make their bodies? Do you believe that parts of DNA are passed down from parents to children?

Yep, have you seen DNA get passed between a monkey and a human? If you fuck a chimp, are you going to create offspring?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:11 am

Theories as models:

Theories are constructed to explain, predict, and master phenomena (e.g., inanimate things, events, or behavior of animals). A scientific theory can be thought of as a model of reality, and its statements as axioms of some axiomatic system. The aim of this construction is to create a formal system for which reality is the only model. The world is an interpretation (or model) of such scientific theories, only insofar as the sciences are true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory
or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

I guess Einstein's Theory of Relativity is just as guess as well and isnt fact.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:21 am

Yep, have you seen DNA get passed between a monkey and a human? If you fuck a chimp, are you going to create offspring?

Wow you really did flunk out of high school biology didnt you, there are these things called species. They are the reason why a human cannot create offspring one of the other primate species, because they are different species. Parrots cant produce offspring from penguins because they are different species. If you had a basic grasp of biology you would know this.

Also how do you explain vestigial organs and appendages, like your appendix and coccyx (aka tail bone)? Why do our hands and feet have a similar structure?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:29 am

Obviously you never read the difference between a law and a theory. :roll: Even AFTER I did the work for you.
Even the last sentence in your wiki cut n paste shows that yer clueless and don't read yourself.

As for the Theory of Relativity, all the theoretical math and physics involved still prove NOTHING as we don't have the technology to prove it one way or the other.
If that were the case, it would now be the Law of Relativity. Now, considering the inroads we've made in theoretical physics and math, and the fact that his Theory does have some constants, we are probably MUCH closer to proving that theory than we are to proving evolution. The reason it's still called a theory is there is still room to disprove parts of it.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:32 am

Some humans evolved more than others. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 am

EdwardRI EdwardRI:
I like how evolution is being taught in schools as fact when in FACT, it is still a THEORY. Even the "educated" masses that believe in evolution conveniently forget it's a theory still and thusly UNPROVEN.

Do you believe that humans contain DNA that codes the proteins that make their bodies? Do you believe that parts of DNA are passed down from parents to children?

Evolution in itself states nothing of the relationship between monkeys and humans. There exists a theory involving monkeys and humans that uses evolution as an explanation, but that theory is not evolution.

I think the problem here is that you don't know what evolution is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:38 am

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:

Wow you really did flunk out of high school biology didnt you, there are these things called species. They are the reason why a human cannot create offspring one of the other primate species, because they are different species. Parrots cant produce offspring from penguins because they are different species. If you had a basic grasp of biology you would know this.

Also how do you explain vestigial organs and appendages, like your appendix and coccyx (aka tail bone)? Why do our hands and feet have a similar structure?

Lmaooo you moron, so we can't propigate between species but species can "evolve" into other different lifeforms? Do you even listen to yourself?
Obviously you can't have sex with a monkey and produce offsrping. That's about as fucking retarded as monkeys "changing" into humans. Ya know, "there are these things called species" as you say. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:40 am

What the hell are you reading? The science of evolution has stood up to scientific debate for over a hundred years, how can the science not be true?

Im glad you admit you feel that relativity is wrong, at least we know now it is pointless to debate with you on this subject. Seriously take some time out of your day and educate yourself, stop making assumptions and try to answer some of the questions I have asked you. Im sure however you’re going to keep your head in the sand and ignore all empirical evidence proving evolution as a fact.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:45 am

That's not true actually. There certainly are laws of science that exist.
While there are still several physical theories, there are also many Laws of Physics. Newton's Laws (all 3 of them), Boyle's Law just to name 4 off the top of my head.(I'm not a huge phan of physics).
The reason they are laws is because they have one or more constants. A theory is a supposition(or a set thereof) based on [educated] observation without an available constant.

You don't know what you're talking about, and it's obvious to everyone who does know. Best thing to do now is back away slowly. Maybe school yourself on the concepts of "proof" as they apply to mathematics vis-a-vis science, and a little Scientific Method 101.

I suspect the religious right will be taking a pretty good run at Darwin over the next little while to counteract the attention that will be given to the 150 year anniversary of the publication of his Origin of Species (Edit: in November 2009)

Last edited by Zipperfish on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:46 am

EdwardRI EdwardRI:

Actually I do, but hey, I'm not the one that wrote the article saying we now "evolved" from orangutans. Maybe you should question the article's author on the definition.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:48 am

This would be a good time right now for someone to jump in and quote how we all came from Adam and Eve and that it's true because the bible told him or her so.

It'll at least be good for a laugh and it'll give Guy and Public a new target. :twisted:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:50 am

Lmaooo you moron, so we can't propigate between species but species can "evolve" into other different lifeforms? Do you even listen to yourself?
Obviously you can't have sex with a monkey and produce offsrping. That's about as fucking retarded as monkeys "changing" into humans. Ya know, "there are these things called species" as you say. :lol:

Monkeys and primates come from a common ancestor; humans did not come from howler monkeys or chimpanzees. Chimps and humans came from a common ancestor (http://anthropology.si.edu/HumanOrigins/ha/primate.html). I dont have the time or the patience to explain to you evolution, just get your head out of your ass and read up on it yourself. Come back when you have found something to disprove evolution. By the way, if evolution wasnt the best explanation going why it is accepted as fact by the biological science community? What do you think that scientists are just lazy and think, oh well it sounds good enough lets run with it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

Apollo Apollo:
Some humans evolved more than others. :lol:

:lol:

EdwardRI EdwardRI:

Actually I do, but hey, I'm not the one that wrote the article saying we now "evolved" from orangutans. Maybe you should question the article's author on the definition.

I glanced over the article and remember reading that there is a theory that we are more closely related to orangutans than to chimpanzees. The notion that we've evolved from a species still alive seems fairly ridiculous, given the average lifetimes of both organisms compared. Closely related, however, seems a much more reasonable concept to theorize.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:54 am

Now we find that one theory of evolution, anthropologists who believe modern humans evolved from Neanderthals, may be about to “hit the scientific dust” due to DNA.

The current DNA finding has modern man as a “cousin” of Neanderthals, but apparently not a “kissing” cousin as there seems to be lack of “interbreeding” DNA. We also find that over 700 scientists have added their name to a growing list of scientists, including biochemists and geneticists, who have “dissented” from Darwinism and natural selection while the mainstreet media continues to report only “one side” of this very serious debate about man’s origins.

Darwins theory of evolution is a 19th century thery which is losing ground every day.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next