Category: Law & Order
Posted By: WDHIII
Date: 2009-09-10 13:46:23
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:59 pm

About time!
Since the last Immigration Minister (Judy Sgro) was more interested in bringing in strippers for biker peeler bars, maybe we can get back to real priorities.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 pm

I won't speak for Canada, but I know in the US that trafficking cases are often overlooked in the interests of cultural sensitivity. Meaning that the desire of authorities to avoid being accused of insensitivity often leads them to avoid investigating abuses by certain cultural groups.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:12 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I won't speak for Canada, but I know in the US that trafficking cases are often overlooked in the interests of cultural sensitivity. Meaning that the desire of authorities to avoid being accused of insensitivity often leads them to avoid investigating abuses by certain cultural groups.

In Edmonton, we have it the other way around. The EPS works with groups such as the Somali community to gain trust, and help with things like a recent spate of gang related murders in that community.

The public sort of looks to the Thai community for example, on why they aren't dealing with miscreants in their community who are shooting each other up. Not that we care if drug dealing people traffickers kill each other, just they take out an innocent bystander once in a while, and that is not acceptable. Doesn't really matter which 'community' it is, people trafficking and drug trafficking is frowned upon by all communities. Doing nothing, more so.