Date: 2009-09-18 08:03:33
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:31 am

Reminds me of when my horse was stolen back in 2007. Even with the horse visibly in the trailer fresh off my lot, the officer let them drive off with it because I couldn't produce official docs saying we owned it (my mom knew where they were, I didn't). Said that he couldn't move the horse from it's present location without proof of ownership, and it's current location was in the trailer, not on the road right outside my property. The trailer could go wherever the owner of the trailer wanted to take it, horse in it or not.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:35 am

Did you ever end up producing those documents and were the other people ever charged?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:38 am

He probably could not charge you with horse theivery without the horsetheives having proof of ownership. You should have taken your horse back, and slashed the fucking tires to the trailer too.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:44 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Did you ever end up producing those documents and were the other people ever charged?

No. Several days before the house has been broken into. The original documents were lost, though our neighbours from across the street had seen one of the thieves at our house around the same time, and because she used to be a family friend, thought nothing of it while we were away on our trip to Vancouver.

We had photocopies of the original docs, but not the original docs, and the legal battle would have cost more than the horse was worth. Lawyer said it could easily go up above 150K, the horse was only worth 10K.

As for slashing the tires, I would have, but the cops arrived just as the truck and trailer drove through the gate. There was also 4 of them and one of me, not a lot I could do.

As for the obvious act of trespassing onto my property: portion of destroyed fence and tire tracks leading onto property, unless we have visibly obvious "No trespassing" signs, they legally weren't trespassing or some shit like that.

I've wondered in the past if the cop was in on it. When I called dispatch when the thieves first arrived on my property, I was told an officer was already on route.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:55 am

Holy shit man, that really stinks. I had a somewhat similar experience but not involving theft. I went to let my dog out to do it's business when I spotted some goof trying to set my garage on fire. I pounded the shit out of him and then called the cops. The fat donut snarfer they sent did fuck all. His attitude was since he didn't succeed and I had taken care of the problem myself, there wasn't anything he was going to do. His words: "Just consider yourself lucky you caught him before anyone got hurt." I asked the cop if the guy had shot at me and missed, would he still do nothing cuz I was "lucky"? 2 weeks later, this same asshole succeeded in burning down someone else's house a couple of blocks away. Thank God no one was home at the time.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 am

Problem here is that for generations our children have been told that if you have a problem on the streets that the cops are there to help you, they really let this little guy down, at least they could have radioed dispatch for another unit

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:15 am

Choban Choban:
Problem here is that for generations our children have been told that if you have a problem on the streets that the cops are there to help you, they really let this little guy down, at least they could have radioed dispatch for another unit

too true, people could post a thousand stories of how the cops
have let them down, not just this one.

The police are not reliable anymore.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7zb8YXrmIA

Sadly, simply yelling "stop theif" isn't going to get it done these days and if the theif got hurt running away, all the bleeding hearts would be out in force demanding why they risked lives chasing someone for a $100 bike.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:33 am

I wonder if this would have worked...." Mr. Police Officer, would you prefer to help me, or would you prefer to arrest me - the victim - for assaulting someone that has stolen my bicycle?"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:35 am

ASLplease ASLplease:
I wonder if this would have worked...." Mr. Police Officer, would you prefer to help me, or would you prefer to arrest me - the victim - for assaulting someone that has stolen my bicycle?"

ROTFL

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 am

the way I see it is that son of a bitch is not getting away without his name on a police report. we can sort out the mess later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:13 pm

no fucking excuse for laziness!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:29 am

these two cops are real assholes, with all the bad press the police have been getting over the last few months, they missed a chance to help a little boy, and make a nice feel good story for the press. once again i say assholes. i would be throwing eggs at those guys come oct 31