Title: New poll puts Tories at 41% Liberals at 28%
Category: Political
Posted By: uwish
Date: 2009-10-05 14:23:12
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Looks like Ignatieff is doing his best to better Dion at being a crappy leader.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Keep up the good work Michael!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:04 pm

I wonder how many of those hawk Libs who were pushing for that snap ellection are now silent or making excuses? They's be sucking badly if the election were called.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:06 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
I wonder how many of those hawk Libs who were pushing for that snap ellection are now silent or making excuses? They's be sucking badly if the election were called.

I wonder how many hawk Cons are kicking themselves for selling out to the NDP now?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:09 pm

I bet Iggy will shut up about the election now. What a loser. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
ridenrain ridenrain:

I wonder how many hawk Cons are kicking themselves for selling out to the NDP now?

A lot less than you would imagine. Conservatives don't want an election, nor do the vast majority of their supporters. There will always been a few in every party who want to go, but the majority of us who support the party had zero interest in an election.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:18 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
A lot less than you would imagine. Conservatives don't want an election, nor do the vast majority of their supporters. There will always been a few in every party who want to go, but the majority of us who support the party had zero interest in an election.

A month ago that was probably true. Not now. The only reason Cons didn't want an election a month ago was they didn't think they'd win a majority (and were, at least, a LITTLE afraid that they wouldn't get a minority either). Fast-forward a month and now it looks like the CPC might well have support enough to win a majority and you're telling me that they STILL wouldn't want an election if they could have one right now? I'm sorry, but that's BULLSHIT.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:18 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
ridenrain ridenrain:

Spin that thing..
Minority governments are all about deals and if we can fnd agreement with the NDP on good issues, it's a great thing. If Canadians see the CPC & NDP getting along amd doing good work, they'll start wondering what's the point of the Libs anyways. It's not like they have a platform or anything.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Lemmy. With these new numbers they can govern as if they had a majority anyway.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:19 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Minority governments are all about deals and if we can fnd agreement with the NDP on good issues, it's a great thing. If Canadians see the CPC & NDP getting along amd doing good work, they'll start wondering what's the point of the Libs anyways. It's not like they have a platform or anything.

Agreed.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:20 pm

Im inclined to believe Lemmy, Im sure several Cons are starting to feel the urge to beat the drums for an election. I only hope that Harper can keep them inline.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Apollo Apollo:
Lemmy. With these new numbers they can govern as if they had a majority anyway.

Yeah, I thought of that. But they already sold out to the NDP; they have commitments to fulfil now. I can't wait to pay for those commitments with extra tax deductions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm in election mode.. because New West is one of the by-election ridings announced yesterday. No sign of the Libs in this riding... Just NDP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:30 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

A month ago that was probably true. Not now. The only reason Cons didn't want an election a month ago was they didn't think they'd win a majority (and were, at least, a LITTLE afraid that they wouldn't get a minority either). Fast-forward a month and now it looks like the CPC might well have support enough to win a majority and you're telling me that they STILL wouldn't want an election if they could have one right now? I'm sorry, but that's BULLSHIT.

Being a member of the party and having spoke to dozens of members and other supporters, I can't tell you of one person who wants to goto an election right now.

However, you're free to speculate all you like :)

I think we'd like to see things keep moving along as the Liberals are imploding and the economy is improving.