Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-12-29 00:55:29
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:22 am

cant say anything, I'll be called a racist.

So, who gives a shit what I get called.

The author is 100% right, and severe steps need to be taken, right away.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:14 am

Well, at some point immigration became a right and not a privalege. The question is how do we reverse that?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:24 am

martin14 martin14:
cant say anything, I'll be called a racist.

So, who gives a shit what I get called.

The author is 100% right, and severe steps need to be taken, right away.

Nothing indicates that anything will happen until we get some great example of immigrant sponsored terrorism or something similar. Then, unfortunately, we may see some kind of knee jerk extreme reaction that will be no better than the current status quo. Neither side is prepared for honest dislogue at this time, so we will continue to suffer from our current policies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:45 am

Good article. I'll have to look out for that book now.
The glaring comment: "The white race is the cancer of human history." sounds like it could have been the motto for the Copenhagen non-treaty.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 am

Not a bad article. Nothing will change though. Our government(s), our leaders are too scared to even debate any of this stuff.

The pro-immigration lobby has way too much power to challenge and anybody questioning any part of our broken immigration system is instantly shouted down as a 'racist' by the rabid lefties who seem to love that shit.

We have whole sub-divisions in the GTA that are tweely called 'ethnic-enlaves' by the same people who are too scared to say 'Christmas' anymore.

These 'ethnic enclaves' are nothing more than voluntary apartheid within Canada. We have whole 'communities' that refuse to integrate.

They are here to reap the benefits and give nothing back.

That is the harsh reality of 'Hotel Canada'.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 am

Canada is being colonized.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 am

The argument that this is something new is false.

There are plenty of older immigrant groups (like the Polish and Ukrainians in the Edmonton area for example) that also pretty much refused to assimilate. Same goes for some Chinese immigrants in almost any one of our major cities. Then there are religious groups like the Jewish and Mennonite who also refused to assimilate.

The problem with immigration IMHO isn't that there's too much of it, but rather that we allow them to all settle wherever they want, which usually means Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.

What should be done is that, as a condition of immigration, new immigrants should be placed in cities other than the big three and spread out across the country until they get their citizenship (which is at least 3 years). After they have their citizenship, then they can live wherever they want. My guess is that after 3-5 years, most of them will have set down roots and lives and won't want to move.

That would allow other cities in this country to reap the benefits of immigration and ease the issues the three biggest cities face because of it. Frankly, we've got a big, empty country and we have room for lots of people, as long as they're willing to live across this country, not just in Toronto or Vancouver.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:11 am

I won't say racist.

But you are all certianly xenophobic.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:18 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
There are plenty of older immigrant groups (like the Polish and Ukrainians in the Edmonton area for example) that also pretty much refused to assimilate. Same goes for some Chinese immigrants in almost any one of our major cities. Then there are religious groups like the Jewish and Mennonite who also refused to assimilate.

There's a difference between 'refusing to assimilate', (although i would argue that there are huge holes in that statement considering they are assimilated now), and calling Canada a filthy nation and then planning to bomb several crowded areas of it.

I don't quite recall Ukrainians or Polish (or any others: German, Dutch) doing anything remotely similar even during the darkest days of bigotry leveled against them. Refusing to notice the difference there frankly is an insult to all other immigrants past or future who never dreamed of causing such pain and destruction.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
bootlegga bootlegga:

There's a difference between 'refusing to assimilate', (although i would argue that there are huge holes in that statement considering they are assimilated now), and calling Canada a filthy nation and then planning to bomb several crowded areas of it.

I don't quite recall Ukrainians or Polish (or any others: German, Dutch) doing anything remotely similar even during the darkest days of bigotry leveled against them. Refusing to notice the difference there frankly is an insult to all other immigrants past or future who never dreamed of causing such pain and destruction.

Pot meet kettle...

That's really funny Ak, seeing as how you did the exact same thing yourself. You just lumped in ALL immigrants as wanting to blow up Canada, but I've yet to hear recent Chinese immigrants say they want to "bomb several crowded parts" of Canada, or Thais, or Brazilians, etc. Not everyone who comes to Canada hates it, just a small minority.

I wouldn't call a Polish lady who has lived in Canada for four decades who refuses to learn English, goes to a Polish doctor/lawyer/pharmacist/etc and only talks to other Polish people assimilated. Same goes for an ex-GFs parents who lived in Canada since the 70s and still do not speak English, eat anything remotely 'Canadian' (just rice, veggies and meat 3 times a day), and spend every waking moment in Chinatown assimilated. That's merely two examples I personally know of, I'm sure there are plenty of others just like them.

Conversely, I know several people from Afghanistan who speak fluent English, play hockey, eat bacon, smoke, drink like Canucks. Are they assimilated? I'd argue that they're closer to being Canucks than the other two examples I mentioned.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:56 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
The argument that this is something new is false.

The problem with immigration IMHO isn't that there's too much of it, but rather that we allow them to all settle wherever they want, which usually means Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal.

What should be done is that, as a condition of immigration, new immigrants should be placed in cities other than the big three and spread out across the country until they get their citizenship (which is at least 3 years). After they have their citizenship, then they can live wherever they want. My guess is that after 3-5 years, most of them will have set down roots and lives and won't want to move.

That would allow other cities in this country to reap the benefits of immigration and ease the issues the three biggest cities face because of it. Frankly, we've got a big, empty country and we have room for lots of people, as long as they're willing to live across this country, not just in Toronto or Vancouver.

hmm, illegal, unconstitutional, impossible to enforce.

Slovakia has ID cards with everyone's 'permanent address' on it.
Doesn't stop anyone from moving around and living where they want.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:58 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Pot meet kettle...

That's really funny Ak, seeing as how you did the exact same thing yourself. You just lumped in ALL immigrants as wanting to blow up Canada, but I've yet to hear recent Chinese immigrants say they want to "bomb several crowded parts" of Canada, or Thais, or Brazilians, etc. Not everyone who comes to Canada hates it, just a small minority.

Um, no I didn't, not even close. I guess you can't read.
I did NOT lump all immigrants as wanting to blow up Canada, I did EXACTLY the opposite. I pointed out how we never really had to ask ourselves any tough questions about immigration UNTIL certain immigrants tried blowing us up. I really don't understand where you get this idea I'm accusing ALL immigrants of that. I think it's blatantly obvious I pointed out that Ukrainians and Polish (among many others) never ever contemplated that even during the darkest times of bigotry leveled against them. Your reading comprehension is so poor I've just had to reprint what I said for you.

I mean wow. If you can't read my posts then please don't respond to them. It's like I said 2+2=4 and you reply "Pi has nothing to do with this.".

$1:
but I've yet to hear recent Chinese immigrants say they want to "bomb several crowded parts" of Canada, or Thais, or Brazilians, etc. Not everyone who comes to Canada hates it, just a small minority.

Excuse me but that's my point. Answer the question; what small minority 'hates Canada' enough to blow some of us up? Ukrainians? Thais? Brazilians? No. answer the question if you have the guts....

Then go back and reread what I said because there is NO CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK and NO LUMPING ALL IMMIGRANTS AS WANTING TO BLOW UP CANADA. I'm sorry but that 'understanding' of my post can only mean you didn't read properly.

My advice to you is to get over whatever personal problem it is you have with me and calmly, correctly read my post instead of reading into it and obviously getting the 180-degree opposite understanding of what I said.

On to the rest of your post that makes no sense:
$1:
I wouldn't call a Polish lady who has lived in Canada for four decades who refuses to learn English, goes to a Polish doctor/lawyer/pharmacist/etc and only talks to other Polish people assimilated. Same goes for an ex-GFs parents who lived in Canada since the 70s and still do not speak English, eat anything remotely 'Canadian' (just rice, veggies and meat 3 times a day), and spend every waking moment in Chinatown assimilated. That's merely two examples I personally know of, I'm sure there are plenty of others just like them.

Um, bullshit. There I said it. I live in Alberta and it's been forever since I've met a Ukrainian or Polish person who doesn't speak English. They have kept many parts of their heritage and bully for them but not speaking English? Very few and far between, sorry. The fact of the matter is they live WITH Canada and not against it. The other fact of the matter is about a couple million or more Ukrainians and Polish immigrated to the West and out of those maybe a few hundred 'refuse' to speak English? That's assimilation no matter how offended by the word you are. Get over the word 'assimilate'. It's not an evil word just because loser rebels-without-a-cause or Skinny puppy don't like the word. We can pick a 'nicer' one if you like but it'll mean the same thing.

Last edited by Akhenaten on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:05 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
I won't say racist.

What do you say, then, about Mexico that does not allow immigration at all? They also prohibit the building of mosques and they do all of this openly and for the purpose of 'preserving Mexican culture'.

Edit: Japan also has highly restrictive immigration polices that require immigrants to adopt Japanese names and to speak all seven formality levels of Japanese fluently. Again, this is done to preserve Japanese culture.

Bigots, right?

Last edited by BartSimpson on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:07 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
I won't say racist.

What do you say, then, about Mexico that does not allow immigration at all? They also prohibit the building of mosques and they do all of this openly and for the purpose of 'preserving Mexican culture'.

Simple: Only English whities are racist.