bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:14 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Um, no I didn't, not even close. I guess you can't read.
I did NOT lump all immigrants as wanting to blow up Canada, I did EXACTLY the opposite. I pointed out how we never really had to ask ourselves any tough questions about immigration UNTIL certain immigrants tried blowing us up.

Sure you did, you're just not man enough to admit it.

Do you even have an idea of the ethnic break-up of immigrants. Less than 40% come from muslim countries. The largest group comes from Asia. Like I said, last time I checked, the Chinese weren't threatening to blow us up.

Edit - that 40% should be 40,000, which is less than 20% of immigrants in most years (assuming it averages out at about 250,000).

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
I mean wow. If you can't read my posts then please don't respond to them. It's like I said 2+2=4 and you reply "Pi has nothing to do with this.".

I'll expect you won't bother responding to my posts either. I know I won't asshat.

$1:
This post was made by Akhenaten who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Last edited by bootlegga on Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:16 am

Wello,there's a difference between racism and culturalism. I don't really care what colour Canadians are, but I do care that the culture that is Canada, the culture that created Canada and made Canada one of the most propserous and peaceful countires on the planet, remains intact. Our immigration policies should refelct that massive influxes of different cuiltures, particualrly intolerant ones, are going to create turmoil. Race comes into it because race and culture are often aligned.

The article was a little too defensive and the conclusion (Canada has no soul? Wtf is that supposed to mean) is fatuous.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:16 am

This is another transition that has been proceeded by countless others (nativist movements have been around in North America for centuries). While "new" immigration assimilation is different than its historical counterparts - namely the introduction of multiculturalism - it becomes clear that each new generation of immigrants does indeed assimilate. This may become lost in the mega urban environments but each successive generation of immigrants will slowly adopt Canadian values - perhaps mixed with others - and the extremists will always remain marginalized, radical and bent on destroying our way of life. These individuals should worry us.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:20 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:
Um, no I didn't, not even close. I guess you can't read.
I did NOT lump all immigrants as wanting to blow up Canada, I did EXACTLY the opposite. I pointed out how we never really had to ask ourselves any tough questions about immigration UNTIL certain immigrants tried blowing us up.

Sure you did, you're just not man enough to admit it.

No I didn't. You're now just embarrassed at how stupid your post was in regards to mine.

I did exactly the opposite of lumping them all in together. I clearly pointed out the difference between them.

Please explain how this post:
Akhenaten Akhenaten:
There's a difference between 'refusing to assimilate', (although i would argue that there are huge holes in that statement considering they are assimilated now), and calling Canada a filthy nation and then planning to bomb several crowded areas of it.

I don't quite recall Ukrainians or Polish (or any others: German, Dutch) doing anything remotely similar even during the darkest days of bigotry leveled against them. Refusing to notice the difference there frankly is an insult to all other immigrants past or future who never dreamed of causing such pain and destruction.

...is lumping all immigrants together ass wanting to blow up Canadians? Can you read? Prove it. It starts with the words, "THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN"....that right there is enough to illuminate what a 'say-anything' liar you are when cornered.

$1:
I'll expect you won't bother responding to my posts either. I know I won't asshat.

Call me whatever names you like but saying you're not going to read my posts anymore means very little if you couldn't read them properly to begin with.

Idiot-Who-Can't-Read-and-can't-admit-his-mistake Idiot-Who-Can't-Read-and-can't-admit-his-mistake:
Do you even have an idea of the ethnic break-up of immigrants. Less than 40% come from muslim countries. The largest group comes from Asia. Like I said, last time I checked, the Chinese weren't threatening to blow us up.

THAT IS MY POINT YOU MENTAL MIDGET.

Last edited by Akhenaten on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:22 am

$1:
This post was made by Akhenaten who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Blah blah blah...please stop responding to my posts, thank you very much.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
$1:

Blah blah blah...please stop responding to my posts, thank you very much.

Hilarious. You wouldn't know I was responding to you unless you decided to "unignore".

No I won't stop responding to your posts especially if you're freaking drunk and stupid and can't read a single sentence properly and then say I'M not 'man enough' to admit a mistake.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 am

Hilarious: One more time:

Akhenaten: "There's a difference between 'refusing to assimilate', (although i would argue that there are huge holes in that statement considering they are assimilated now), and calling Canada a filthy nation and then planning to bomb several crowded areas of it.

I don't quite recall Ukrainians or Polish (or any others: German, Dutch) doing anything remotely similar even during the darkest days of bigotry leveled against them. Refusing to notice the difference there frankly is an insult to all other immigrants past or future who never dreamed of causing such pain and destruction."

bootlegga: "You just lumped in ALL immigrants as wanting to blow up Canada, but I've yet to hear recent Chinese immigrants say they want to "bomb several crowded parts" of Canada, or Thais, or Brazilians, etc. Not everyone who comes to Canada hates it, just a small minority."

Obviously bootlegga can't read and can't admit it when he makes a tiny mistake.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:36 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
This is another transition that has been proceeded by countless others (nativist movements have been around in North America for centuries). While "new" immigration assimilation is different than its historical counterparts - namely the introduction of multiculturalism - it becomes clear that each new generation of immigrants does indeed assimilate. This may become lost in the mega urban environments but each successive generation of immigrants will slowly adopt Canadian values - perhaps mixed with others - and the extremists will always remain marginalized, radical and bent on destroying our way of life. These individuals should worry us.

No, I think it's different this time round.

There isnt the level of hatred to Canada that exists now.

There isnt the longing to keep involved with the old country.

There isnt the emotional baggage, most former immigrants were glad to get
out and say bye bye.

There are already existing ghettos for them to move into.

The government is way too much touchy feely with immigrants these days,
and way too willing to move to favor the immigrants over 'natives'

Not to mention the extremists who we just let walk in the front door.

There are also very large religous and cultural differences.

The difference between Poles and Italians is marginal..
both white, both Catholic, both European culture.

The gap is much bigger now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:46 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:

Good post.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 am

martin14 martin14:
Mustang1 Mustang1:

No, I think it's different this time round.

There isnt the level of hatred to Canada that exists now.

There isnt the longing to keep involved with the old country.

There isnt the emotional baggage, most former immigrants were glad to get
out and say bye bye.

There are already existing ghettos for them to move into.

The government is way too much touchy feely with immigrants these days,
and way too willing to move to favor the immigrants over 'natives'

Not to mention the extremists who we just let walk in the front door.

There are also very large religous and cultural differences.

The difference between Poles and Italians is marginal..
both white, both Catholic, both European culture.

The gap is much bigger now.

I agree Martin.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:

One of the concerns in France and Britain is the radicalization of second-generation immigrant Muslim youths that led to the London subway bombings and riots in France. In this case, you often have Muslim immigrants who, to some degreee or to other, assimilated into British and French culture, but it was their kids who were the radical ones.

Likely this was becasue these kids had been fed a diet of hatred for the west in mosques and militant Muslim shcools since they were knee-high. Britain and France--like Canada--are toleant countries. However, the one thing a tolerant country cannot tolerate is intolerance. We need to shut down these hate factories thinly disguised as religious institutions. It's not just Muslims. A little known fact outside of BC is that the biggest act of mass murder in Canadian hisotry was the bombing of Air India Flight 182 killing 329 people. This was likely perpetrated by Sikh separatists who were allowed to continually radicalize in the years leading up to the bombing.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Well, at some point immigration became a right and not a privalege. The question is how do we reverse that?

You start by letting your MP know how you feel and you let the guy running in the next election know.. I have written my MP and I have sent letters to the guy who is trying to get elected here for the torys.. said I would vote for him depending on his view...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Immigration is not only a right these days.. illegal ones have rights too.. landed immigrants are looked after pretty well and so called refugees are given the book of rights for them as soon as they hit the tarmac. Canada is truly being gouged and screwed and we are dumb enough to support it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Thank the Supreme Court for that.

You can lie and cheat your way into Canada. Even when you are found out you can stay.

Court allows mother who lied to stay
Son's disability trumps woman's false claim

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada ... id=2386899

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:51 pm

This wasn't a Supreme court decision, but a Federal Court decision, which are different. still, that is brutal EB. No one should ever be allowed to cheat or lie their way into Canada.

$1:
He noted that even if Ms. Canlas stays here, the government can lay charges against her under the Immigration Act.

Maybe some time in prison or a stiff fine will teach her a lesson.