Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:32 am

Liberal, thy name is Hypocrite. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:35 am

Fuck it. I'm voting NDP next election. Anything/anyone is better than this tool. And I say that as a Liberal...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Yea. I can't wait for the next elections.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:45 pm

martin14 martin14:
Liberal, thy name is Hypocrite. :)

Big difference of 4 days and 3 months and the province of Ontario is not the country.. nice try though...

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:20 pm

how does this solve any problems?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Guys, settle down! Some things of which you should be aware:

1) Most governments prorogue before the throne speech, which is often made at the start of the new fiscal year (March). The controversy surrounding Harper is that prorogued for two months, as apposed to a much closer date.

2) McGuinty's proroguation is not really 4 days, that headline is misleading. Please read:

$1:
The Ontario legislature will shut down Thursday, March 4, and return Monday, March 8, with the throne speech to begin a new session. The legislature doesn't sit Fridays, so the prorogation amounts to a normal weekend break at Queen's Park.

3) Words or actions by a Federal politician(ie federal Liberal criticism of Harper) are not the same as words or actions of a Provincial politician (ie McGuinty)as these are two different levels of government with different priorities and mandates and agendas. Thus to call McGuinty a hypocrite because his actions conflict with what Ignatieff said - or to call Stelmach a hypocrite because his actions conflict with Harper's is incorrect.

While I'm not always a fan of McGuinty's decisions, this story is supposed to make him look good in comparison to Harper - 2 months vs 4 non-work days.

Last edited by BeaverFever on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:43 am

Who cares? It's 4 days. And I say this as a Conservative. There is a litany of things we can run Squinty out of town for.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:17 am

hehe. Seems to be a Buzz Word now. We'd all be ignoring this, if Harper hadn't done it to avoid a Confidence Vote. Now everybody gets all cynical whenever it's done, because of that one situation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:45 am

sandorski sandorski:
Now everybody gets all cynical whenever it's done, because of that one situation.
\

Cause Canadians that try to understand politics, like a few posters in this thread, are ignorant to why prorogation is used and generally don't have a clue.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:34 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
sandorski sandorski:
Now everybody gets all cynical whenever it's done, because of that one situation.
\

Cause Canadians that try to understand politics, like a few posters in this thread, are ignorant to why prorogation is used and generally don't have a clue.

Before Harper used it last year, I had no idea what it was either. :lol: