Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 pm

What a bunch of ingrates.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 pm

$1:
"We're not allowed to have dissenting opinions about the Canadian military apparently, without vitriolic attacks, which is very unhealthy for a democracy," Webber said on CTV News Channel.

such typical leftie bullshit.
They are allowed to say whatever crap spews from thier mouths, but no one is allowed to object.

Morons, they should all apologize, and then resign.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 am

Adler did a great one on one with one of the students of the Profs (at the 15:50 mark)

Chuck really let the guy hang himself with his own words and he didn't even get mad, nice!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 am

I watch the CTV Powerplay segment and Tom Clark looked like he just wanted to slug the prof he was interviewing. When confronted about his opposition to the program, the prof went on a rant about other matters including....

Imperialism
Claims that not enough is being done for PTSD suffers
Rick Hillier is a war criminal, and as such Project Hero is an evil thing

The prof tried to defend himself by stating that he served in the forces and has the medal for UN operation in Cyprus. If that;s the case, his type wouldn't get into the CF today.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:01 am

What drives me nuts is that these same profs (most likely) support racial based scholarships where simply because the color of your skin you get free money. But when your parent dies serving Canada in the armed forces you shouldn't get anything, real class assholes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:20 am

Targetting of Jews at York U, mob rule defeats freedom of speech at U of Ottawa and now these wankers at U of Regina say that our military is an on an imperialist adventure and that the kids of dead soldiers don't deserve a helping hand.

Something is rotten in our universities.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:21 am

Sound nothing bad^)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:38 am

These 16 "Loser professors" only want attention because they have not done anything for their:OUR country. Why don't these "Loser professors" give us a glimpse into what they teach(like toilet cleaning or basket weaving)and what they have done for Canada.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:21 am

Somebody said something is rotten in our universities

My University is the incubation chamber for the NDP, HELP!!!!! :|

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:28 am

When I was a student at the University of Western Ontario, there was a little incident in a Canadian Lit class revolving around the "terrible" fact that we were reading WWI war poetry about Ypres. One of the ultra-liberal students in the class began mouthing off about how sick to his stomach he was that Canada had been involved and how much he hated nationalism and blah blah blah... when I got into a heated exchange with him, supported by fellow students, some of whom were Mature Students (adults) who were also CF Veterans, I asked him if he could, at least, recognise that these men who wrote the poems were there not writing for the glorification of war, but rather to work out in their own minds what they had seen/were seeing and to let those on the homefront know of the sacrifices being made by our Canadian fathers, sons, and brothers on the front lines... I reminded him that in our very building, University College, when one enters the main doors, on either side of the entrance are memorial plaques to the STUDENTS from the university who had volunteered and died in service to Canada in both world wars... he again ranted about this that or the other thing to the point that, seeing red, I got up, stalked towards the door, passing him by (as he looked on a bit nervously) and went and sat on the stairs at the entrance and read all the names on both plaques. His saying that my grandfather's uncle, who died at the Somme, was a poor excuse for a Canadian sickened me... My Grandfather served in the Battle of the Atlantic, based in Iceland at an airbase, and my cousin flew combat missions in a CF-18 in the former Yugoslavia... After class, I returned to the room, apologised to the professor, who said she completely understood, and sat and had a chat with the veterans in the room...
Idiots like that guy in the class are the same type that continually vandalised the war memorial in Victoria Park in London during my time at Western...
These profs in Regina should take some time to realise why they are so fortunate to have the freedoms they have... not everyone has to serve, but those who have the liberty NOT TO, should respect those who CHOOSE to. I can only imagine their "horror" over any ramp ceremony being televised or their disdain for those who stand along the Highway of Heroes and fly our flag to salute our fallen AND their families.
Send the children of the fallen to UWO, Regina, or wherever else they choose... and God help the SOB who mouths off about their dead fathers/mothers to them...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:51 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Targetting of Jews at York U, mob rule defeats freedom of speech at U of Ottawa and now these wankers at U of Regina say that our military is an on an imperialist adventure and that the kids of dead soldiers don't deserve a helping hand.

Something is rotten in our universities.

:? I'm not sure how you can complain about mob rule shutting down Coulter's retarded freedom of speech exercise on one hand and then complain about the freedom of speech exercise of 16 retarded profs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 am

I didn't say I was opposed to them having the right to say what they thought if you notice Gunnair.

They could air their views unlike Coulter or Jewish students at York.

There are two levels of free speech it would appear. That alludes to something rotten in our universities.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 am

Not sure what grounds the profs can object to scholarships. Scholarships are based on any number of criteria. They are most often private funds and can be very specific such as requiring the recipient to be of a specific religion and attending a specific program. Anybody can set up a scholarship if they want since it basically amounts to a private citizen giving money to a student.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:17 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I didn't say I was opposed to them having the right to say what they thought if you notice Gunnair.

They could air their views unlike Coulter or Jewish students at York.

There are two levels of free speech it would appear. That alludes to something rotten in our universities.

I did notice, though apparently not what you wanted me to, hence my post.

Certainly the fact you are complaining about what the profs said suggests you are opposed to it, otherwise one would think you'd be giving them a big thumbs up and thanking them for airing their educated opinion to the rest of us then politely refuting it with opinion.

Or not. Hard to tell tone on forums...