Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2010-06-12 19:07:17
Canadian

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Ya-hoo the curl is back! And admirals' rank is again on the sleeve. Never should have been changed back in'68!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:52 pm

I just went through all the photos and I don't believe it. The marching contingent have to carry a sign along with the Canadian Flag to identify which country they're from?

WTF

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:29 am

While in uniform, I've been asked if I was a security guard, or another time, if I was a cop. People don't recognize Canadian military uniforms because they rarely see them. The public needs to be taught more about our military.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:35 am

The public are grade one plonkers.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:05 pm

gonavy47 gonavy47:
While in uniform, I've been asked if I was a security guard, or another time, if I was a cop. People don't recognize Canadian military uniforms because they rarely see them. The public needs to be taught more about our military.

I think the big problem is our schools are very anti military because the leftist parents get into groups and scream bloody murder when the schools talk about the Canadian Forces because "you are trying to turn our children into soldiers". So Canadians are not being taught in school about the CF and its history.

In high school a lady came into my school and freaked out in the office because we had a army recruitment poster up saying that the school was trying to turn us into murderers. So we (the students) ended up running her out of the school, still not sure if she was a parent or not though.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Iron men with hearts of oak.

Congrats to my brothers in blue.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:55 pm

gonavy47 gonavy47:

Uniforms not withstanding, I was kind of assuming the flag might be a giveaway. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:00 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
The public are grade one plonkers.

And that, in a nutshell, is the fatal flaw in democracy. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:19 pm

gonavy47 gonavy47:

heh...I remember being saluted by American servicemen when our dress whites first came out in '85.