canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:51 am

One of my grandmother's brothers was decorated for bravery during the Normandy invasion. He singlehandedly took out a machine gun nest, suffering only minor injuries. he didn't talk too much about his experiences, but I remembering my dad asking him about his decorations. he said it wasn't patriotism that drove him as a soldier, it was killing that other son of a bitch before he could kill you. The winner gets to go home to their family.

In the heat of battle, it's kill or be killed. Nobility exists, but chances are it's not in the forefront of ones mind while in combat. I've been shot at by militants(thugs actually) and three thoughts have been predominant in my mind: A. Someone kill that fucker! B. I wish I had something to kill that fucker with, and C. How fast and how deep can I dig a hole?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:33 am

Sure, but did you miss the cop who said they are "thrill seekers" going on "destination adventure holidays?"

I think the psychologist makes some interesting points, none of which excuse the actions of the vandals, just try to look at what's going on in their heads.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:10 pm