Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:21 am

DanSC DanSC:
Curtman Curtman:
DanSC DanSC:
I'm pretty sure attacking civilians has been a war crime for a while now.

Israel would be in big trouble then.

You're assuming war crimes are prosecuted evenly on everyone.

He's not assuming it, but probably advocating it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:39 am

andyt andyt:
DanSC DanSC:
You're assuming war crimes are prosecuted evenly on everyone.

He's not assuming it, but probably advocating it.

I don't think it would help anything to arrest Cheney. I have a hard time feeling sorry for the Arar family too.

Gaza flotilla activists unarmed: Canadian
$1:
A Victoria-based activist who was aboard a Gaza-bound vessel that was stormed by Israeli troops claims Israeli commandos instigated the violence, saying they began opening fire on people on the deck.

I did expect some condemnation of this from our government though, instead of the support for it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Just for those unclear on the duties of the Vice President of the United States of America:

Hubert Humphrey Hubert Humphrey:
Every morning I call the White House operator and ask her if the President is still alive. When she says 'yes' I hang up the phone and put my golf shoes on.

And that, my friends, summarizes the responsibilites of the Vice President.

All of this smearing of Mr. Cheney ignores the absolute fact that while Cheney may have advised the President only the President had any authority to act. When the VP visits the White House he doesn't even have the authority to order a cup of coffee, let alone a military action.

And just to make it clear, any nation arresting a former VP or President of the USA will be going to war with the USA. Any of these men have such secrets in their heads that we will protect them at any cost. I'm not saying that as some sort of threat, it isn't. It's a national policy. So when anyone bandies about this kind of idiotic idea you need to be clear that you're willing to provoke a war.

It's not the kind of thing that should be spoken of as a passing whimsy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Ghaddaffi and his tents = Cheney and his book peddeling

Both are obscene and crass excesses of authority. Wave that red flag in peoples face enough times and you get the horns, just ask Ghaddaffi.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Scape Scape:
Ghaddaffi and his tents = Cheney and his book peddeling

Both are obscene and crass excesses of authority.

WTF? [huh]

You lost me here, brother. Cheney, because he wrote a book of memoirs (utterly unprecedented, of course) is the moral equivalent of Krazy Kolonel Khaddafy?

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 pm

Comparing Cheney to Ghaddaffi is stretching things a bit. Cheney did nothing wrong while Vice President! The enhanced interrogation protected not only the United States, but the world including Canada as well. Cheney and the Bush Administration are hero's in my book. They freed Iraq and Afghanistan. Protected the world from terrorist attacks!!!! Arrested? No he should be given a medal for his service!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:37 pm

tayson tayson:
Comparing Cheney to Ghaddaffi is stretching things a bit. Cheney did nothing wrong while Vice President! The enhanced interrogation protected not only the United States, but the world including Canada as well. Cheney and the Bush Administration are hero's in my book. They freed Iraq and Afghanistan. Protected the world from terrorist attacks!!!! Arrested? No he should be given a medal for his service!!

Wow, and you mananged to say that with a straight face. Or did you just forget to click the sarcasm button?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:32 am

This another PR stunt by some so called Human Rights group to get their 15 mins for their political agenda.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:13 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Just for those unclear on the duties of the Vice President of the United States of America:

Hubert Humphrey Hubert Humphrey:
Every morning I call the White House operator and ask her if the President is still alive. When she says 'yes' I hang up the phone and put my golf shoes on.

And that, my friends, summarizes the responsibilites of the Vice President.

All of this smearing of Mr. Cheney ignores the absolute fact that while Cheney may have advised the President only the President had any authority to act. When the VP visits the White House he doesn't even have the authority to order a cup of coffee, let alone a military action.

And just to make it clear, any nation arresting a former VP or President of the USA will be going to war with the USA. Any of these men have such secrets in their heads that we will protect them at any cost. I'm not saying that as some sort of threat, it isn't. It's a national policy. So when anyone bandies about this kind of idiotic idea you need to be clear that you're willing to provoke a war.

It's not the kind of thing that should be spoken of as a passing whimsy.

Exactly! IF yer gonna do something like that, do like the US does and invade them, kill a bunch of people, then murder their leader under the guise of a fair trial.

It's the American way. :mrgreen:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 am

I was going to mae some comments but I don.t think I will bother. Four million Iraqi refugees. A million or so dead Iraqis. Afghanistan reduced to anarchy as the Taliban and not Bin Laden became the excuse. Torture justifiable! "Rendition" of innocents. Al Quaeda strengthened.

Child soldiers tortured and imprisoned!

This is the American way? Cheney deserves the lowest level in the Inferno.

I guess that is a comment!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

eureka eureka:
I was going to mae some comments but I don.t think I will bother.

Promises, promises. You can't even make the promise without breaking it in the same post. :roll:

eureka eureka:
Four million Iraqi refugees. A million or so dead Iraqis. Afghanistan reduced to anarchy as the Taliban and not Bin Laden became the excuse. Torture justifiable! "Rendition" of innocents. Al Quaeda strengthened.

Child soldiers tortured and imprisoned!

This is the American way? Cheney deserves the lowest level in the Inferno.

I guess that is a comment!

What is it with you 'tolerant' leftist nutwipes? Here you are venting your spleen at Cheney and you want him tried even at the cost of a war and for what? Because you abhor violence? [laughat]

And the only reason you're directing your venom at Cheney right now is because Sarah Palin or some other conservative isn't in the news at the moment. Regardless, do the world a favor and stop venting your hatred and masturbatory visions of persecution upon people you say are haters and persecutors.

But you won't. See, I know from experience that when you scratch the surface of a leftist pacifist you'll find a genocidal maniac struggling to gain relevance. You're just another sick, pathetic wanna-be dictator with an insane blood-lust who's frustrated because outside of internet forums the only recognition you get in life sounds like the following:

$1:
Hey, nice job mopping up the bathroom!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:21 am

I was not considered a pacifist im my military service! But then I was young and foolish. I have learned much since those days.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 am

eureka eureka:
I was not considered a pacifist im my military service! But then I was young and foolish. I have learned much since those days.

Military service? What military and what service? MOS?

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:05 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
tayson tayson:

Wow, and you mananged to say that with a straight face. Or did you just forget to click the sarcasm button?

We have a sarcasm button?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 pm

tayson tayson:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
tayson tayson:

We have a sarcasm button?

Yeah, but it's manual, you gotta type /sarcasm off :wink: