Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:08 pm

The British Army, Bart.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:10 pm

eureka eureka:
I was not considered a pacifist im my military service! But then I was young and foolish. I have learned much since those days.

Really? You were in the military and you thought "Gee, I can't wait to go to war!"?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:45 pm

DanSC DanSC:
You're assuming war crimes are prosecuted evenly on everyone.
Good point that one.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 pm

DanSC DanSC:
eureka eureka:
I was not considered a pacifist im my military service! But then I was young and foolish. I have learned much since those days.

Really? You were in the military and you thought "Gee, I can't wait to go to war!"?

Did I say that?

I was in the military when I was young as I said. I believed then in "just" wars and knew very little about the underpinnings. I believed in my country right or wrong.

Now I know a great deal about wars past and present.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Scape Scape:
Ghaddaffi and his tents = Cheney and his book peddeling

Both are obscene and crass excesses of authority.

WTF? [huh]

You lost me here, brother. Cheney, because he wrote a book of memoirs (utterly unprecedented, of course) is the moral equivalent of Krazy Kolonel Khaddafy?

Cheney cherry picked his intel so he could get his wars. We may quibble about if they were fights the US needed to get into now or down the road or if at all but one thing is for sure the US and NATO are now MUCH weaker then they were before this began. Holding a pair of deuces and bluffing to win the pot is much better then calling with a full house only to be beat by four of a kind. The issue is Cheney gambled and lost the US a lot based upon his ego, not good judgement. Just like Gaddafi's ego kept the tribes in line under his iron rule he lost as well by holding on for too long and too hard that his empire crumbled. His loyalists are being routed out like rats and his money is worthless as he is a wanted man worldwide when all he had to do was grant a few concessions and let the whole thing blow over. He could have cracked back down a year later when no one was watching anymore.

My point is neither acted for anyone but themselves and their own ego and neither had the sense to ease off for the sake of a greater good. Gaddafi lined his pockets and so did Cheney and his army of private contractors and both have there hands steeped in their own countrymens blood. The only difference between these two monsters is if Gaddafi could he would be peddling his own book.