Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:46 am

jeff744 jeff744:
Yogi Yogi:
Absolute rubbish! There is NO MARGIN FOR ERROR when it comes to firearms. This idiot should be charged to the fullest extent, and have all firearms confiscated and banned for life!

Nobody is ever 100% able to be safe with a firearm, accidents will always happen and have always happened even back when we had to use bows to hunt. People fuck up and sometime they are as safe as possible and remember to do everything safely the weapon just slips or malfunctions and that is almost always when a person is walking by.

You show that you don't have a clue about firearms. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:44 am

raydan raydan:
That's 2 accidental shootings in the West this week.
I thought you guys could handle guns. :?

Transplants Ray, remember the video a couple of years ago of the 3 morons shooting ducks on the pond, remember where they came from?

We're both lucky we don't live there. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:26 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
jeff744 jeff744:
Yogi Yogi:
Absolute rubbish! There is NO MARGIN FOR ERROR when it comes to firearms. This idiot should be charged to the fullest extent, and have all firearms confiscated and banned for life!

Nobody is ever 100% able to be safe with a firearm, accidents will always happen and have always happened even back when we had to use bows to hunt. People fuck up and sometime they are as safe as possible and remember to do everything safely the weapon just slips or malfunctions and that is almost always when a person is walking by.

Ain't that the truth, the whole truth, and .............. :roll: :roll:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
jeff744 jeff744:
Yogi Yogi:

No, it is just how this stuff works, the one time there is even a slight oversight like the other guy may have been looking away and got shot. The one time my cousins were shooting metal targets for practice was also the one time they had to take him to the doctor to remove a bullet from his leg. That is just how this crap always works, something always goes bad the second you slip even slightly, they may have been exhausted or doing something that had been routine and this was the one slip.

Nobody is perfectly safe with a gun 100% of the time.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:38 pm

DanSC DanSC:
This is why you don't load a round in the chamber until you're ready to fire.
Don't hunt much Danno?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:44 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
Yogi Yogi:

It remembers me when I was young, about 10. I was cleaning my BB gun indoor on a table. When I finished, I aimed outdoor and I hit the trigger. There was a pellet in the gun. I broke the window. I was so surprised I looked at the window, mouth opened. After some seconds, I realized what I did and went hiding myself in the basement hahaha

My stepfather is the president of the local hunting range so I grew up with guns and all the rigid rules that come with them. So I expected a big sermon and it happened. That's a lesson.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:16 pm

It's a wonder this doesn't happen more often. Or does it?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Canajazz Canajazz:
It's a wonder this doesn't happen more often. Or does it?

Happens a fair bit, new is just bored lately.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:18 pm

PostFactum PostFactum:
jeff744 jeff744:
Even if you follow the rules as closely as you can you will still screw up time to time, and that is always when something like this happens.

If hunter is an idiot, even rules won't help. There is one good Ukr proverb "To read is good, to think is better".

I like that one.

Went out with some hunters once. They split into two groups and set their routes on the map. I almost shit myself when I saw the routes had them doubling back around and heading towards each other in the bush to the end meeting point. S-T-U-P-I-D! Never asked to go along again.

But seriously, the amount of hunting that goes on the the amount I hear of hunters hurting themselves and partners with their rifles makes me thing the vast majority are safe when they go out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Just like car accidents happen.
I guess we should ban cars now. Despite the fact you need a license to drive it, there are still idiots who joy-ride.

If you don't want to use a gun, then don't. If you rather use public transit than a car, don't drive a car.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Brenda Brenda:
I guess we should ban cars now. Despite the fact you need a license to drive it, there are still idiots who joy-ride.

If you don't want to use a gun, then don't. If you rather use public transit than a car, don't drive a car.

R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:08 am

Brenda Brenda:

ALL car accidents happen because at least one of the persons involved does something [b stupid![/b] AND, as is the case we don't ban the car, we ban the idiot driver!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Brenda Brenda:

ALL car accidents happen because at least one of the persons involved does something [b stupid![/b] AND, as is the case we don't ban the car, we ban the idiot driver!

Manufacturer Recalls.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Brenda Brenda:

Nah, not all car accidents are caused by someone doing stupid. Most of them, yeah probably. But some people unexpectedly have heart attacks, aneurysms or other medical issues while driving that cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:13 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
DanSC DanSC:
This is why you don't load a round in the chamber until you're ready to fire.
Don't hunt much Danno?

I've hunted quite a bit in my time fifeboy (fifeboy-o?), but I haven't in the past few years. The first rule I was taught about hunting was always treat a firearm as if it was loaded with a round in the chamber; i.e. don't point the gun at someone under ANY circumstances.

The second rule I was taught was NEVER load a round into the chamber until you are ready to fire.

Quite frankly, once you find your prey, if you don't have enough time to load a round into the chamber from your belt or magazine before firing, you shouldn't be taking the shot at all.