Category: Political
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2012-01-29 15:00:39
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:50 am

$1:
Ashton and Mulcair called it "an attack" on families and Canadian values, while Topp said Harper was "kicking families in the shins."

The NDP prefers to kick straight to the nuts while reaching for your wallet.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:04 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
$1:
Ashton and Mulcair called it "an attack" on families and Canadian values, while Topp said Harper was "kicking families in the shins."

Oh the irony.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:27 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
$1:

While the Cons like to put up an elaborate but strangely transparent smokescreen first.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am

Wow way to fail to address the actual issue in any meaningful way while taking potshots at ideologies you ascribe to other parties.

I do happen to agree with many of the candidates here that did put forward meeting with other parties as a needed step towards putting Harper out of office. Splitting the vote really has hurt their chances of removing Harper.

Personally I would have much rather seen another minority this last election then the majority hogwash we are now getting.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:17 am

CanadianJeff CanadianJeff:
Wow way to fail to address the actual issue in any meaningful way while taking potshots at ideologies you ascribe to other parties.

I do happen to agree with many of the candidates here that did put forward meeting with other parties as a needed step towards putting Harper out of office. Splitting the vote really has hurt their chances of removing Harper.

Personally I would have much rather seen another minority this last election then the majority hogwash we are now getting.

And the NDP is concerned with tackling real issues? :lol:

Come on dude, nobody in opposition is interested in tackling "real issues" especially when you don't have a leader and can't get shit passed in the house.

This is about taking political shots at Harper and trying to score some points with the media to make their leadership race almost relevant...and no solution to the "problem" was mentioned at all!

As shitty as Harper may be, I can't imagine our Country in the hands of the Liberals or the NDP.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:29 am

Next up: Dog bites man.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:11 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Come on dude, nobody in opposition is interested in tackling "real issues" especially when you don't have a leader and can't get shit passed in the house.

This is about taking political shots at Harper and trying to score some points with the media to make their leadership race almost relevant...and no solution to the "problem" was mentioned at all!

As shitty as Harper may be, I can't imagine our Country in the hands of the Liberals or the NDP.

I'll make it easy for you: No hated crime bill, actually listening to provinces, legalized pot, a good economy, less lies, and actual responsibility.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:28 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
I'll make it easy for you: No hated crime bill, actually listening to provinces, legalized pot, a good economy, less lies, and actual responsibility.

Fixed for accuracy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

I'll make it easy for you: No hated crime bill, (just the same old slap on the wrist punsihments) actually listening to provinces,(Yeah, we haven't heard that one before) legalized pot,(much as I'd like to see it, it just ain't gonna happen til the US mellows out about it) a good economy,(until more of the world comes back on-line economically, there's not much any PM can do in that regard) less lies,(dream on) and actual responsibility.(see previous comment)

I see nothing from any party other than a thinly veiled version of the same ol' same old.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:00 pm

I would rather keep the slap on the wrist (a harder slap than you get in Europe) than slicing the hands off because you got caught with a couple grams of pot. Anything the Libs/NDP did would be better than Harper who outright ignores the provinces, makes a decision, and then just sends the provinces to bill. We decriminalized pot on the US before and the Liberals voted to make it an official policy, the US only has as much influence as we let them have. The only reason we haven't seen scandals popping out left right and center from the Harper regime is that he is willing to bury anything that makes him look bad, at least the other parties didn't go around hiding everything.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:16 pm

jeff744 jeff744:
I would rather keep the slap on the wrist (a harder slap than you get in Europe) than slicing the hands off because you got caught with a couple grams of pot. Anything the Libs/NDP did would be better than Harper who outright ignores the provinces, makes a decision, and then just sends the provinces to bill. We decriminalized pot on the US before and the Liberals voted to make it an official policy, the US only has as much influence as we let them have. The only reason we haven't seen scandals popping out left right and center from the Harper regime is that he is willing to bury anything that makes him look bad, at least the other parties didn't go around hiding everything.

You're completely exaggerating.

If you listen to actual police officers, like ones on this forum, you'd see that your claim that people with a tiny amount of pot will end up in jail.

Your claims are pure fear mongering.

jeff744 jeff744:
at least the other parties didn't go around hiding everything

Really? Come on dude, get a grip. It's all the same game, just a different guy at the top.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:18 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
As shitty as Harper may be, I can't imagine our Country in the hands of the Liberals...

:roll:

Another gem from OTI - but you're not the least bit partisan at all, right? :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:22 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
As shitty as Harper may be, I can't imagine our Country in the hands of the Liberals...

Well what, you probably agree with him. Heck, I probably agree with him, at least until the Reformacons start gutting social programs.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:41 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:

Speaking of gem...(nice troll, BTW) [B-o]

I know it's beyond you, but have you ready anything I've had to say since Harper got elected?

I've been critical of Harper and his government, even was above....and yet I'm still called partisan in a post where I called the guy shitty.

Can't win eh?