canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 am

Title: Three calls to 911, but why didn't they stop?
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2010-02-10 01:41:31
Canadian

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 am

That's unreal. Not completely unbelievable given today's society though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:40 am

$1:
"We're not trying to make the witnesses feel bad," Cpl. Dave Ritchie told ctvbc.ca. But one of the witnesses could have parked their car in front of Larsen and turned on their four-way flashers, he said.

You're not? You should.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:08 am

Brenda Brenda:
$1:
"We're not trying to make the witnesses feel bad," Cpl. Dave Ritchie told ctvbc.ca. But one of the witnesses could have parked their car in front of Larsen and turned on their four-way flashers, he said.

You're not? You should.

Ditto. I wonder if they'd have stopped if they thought they might have known him. Human compassion and social responsibility at it's finest. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
Brenda Brenda:
$1:

You're not? You should.

Ditto. I wonder if they'd have stopped if they thought they might have known him. Human compassion and social responsibility at it's finest. :roll:

But is was "Sunday morning early, he might be drunk or doped up! We don't need that! We are scared we might get robbed, or worse, talked to by a drunk!" :roll:

Holy shit...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 am

The people who didn't stop to help are no different than those who sat on a bus in Edmonton, and a bus outside of Brandon and did nothing.

Apathy reigns in Canada. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
The people who didn't stop to help are no different than those who sat on a bus in Edmonton, and a bus outside of Brandon and did nothing.

So you would have thrown yourself at the guy with the big hunting knife on that Brandon bus? I think that's a lot different than just stopping in your car and putting your flashers on.

But, how soon after did that bus get there. By the time you avoid that body in the road, figure out what's going on, you've traveled a ways, would need to turn around and go back. (As you should). Maybe tho, the bus came upon the scene before the first two drivers were able to do this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 am

andyt andyt:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

So you would have thrown yourself at the guy with the big hunting knife on that Brandon bus? I think that's a lot different than just stopping in your car and putting your flashers on.

Yes I would and I agree. The people in this example were even worse than those who did nothing during each bus incident.

$1:
But, how soon after did that bus get there. By the time you avoid that body in the road, figure out what's going on, you've traveled a ways, would need to turn around and go back. (As you should). Maybe tho, the bus came upon the scene before the first two drivers were able to do this.

I can't decipher what you are trying to say here. The Edmonton bus incident was passengers watching a bus driver getting beaten within an inch of his life and doing nothing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 am

$1:
The people in this example were even worse than those who did nothing during each bus incident.

I agree with you. There was no one threatening anybody here, so no one would get hurt if you would only have put your car in front of the guy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:

I can't decipher what you are trying to say here. The Edmonton bus incident was passengers watching a bus driver getting beaten within an inch of his life and doing nothing.

I was talking about the bus that hit the guy lying in the middle of the road in this story. I don't know the Edmonton incident.

I'm glad you're such a hero. Have you ever faced a situation such as the Vince Lee thing, or is it all just conjecture and wishful thinking at this point?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:09 am

andyt andyt:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

I was talking about the bus that hit the guy lying in the middle of the road in this story. I don't know the Edmonton incident.

I'm glad you're such a hero.

Never considered myself a hero, just someone who is willing and able to help those who need help. But if we are going to trade snarky remarks, I'm sorry that you're such a chickensh*t. :wink:

$1:
Have you ever faced a situation such as the Vince Lee thing, or is it all just conjecture and wishful thinking at this point?

Yes I have.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Never considered myself a hero, just someone who is willing and able to help those who need help. But if we are going to trade snarky remarks, I'm sorry that you're such a chickensh*t. :wink:

$1:
Have you ever faced a situation such as the Vince Lee thing, or is it all just conjecture and wishful thinking at this point?

Yes I have.

I am a chickenshit - not all that big on sacrificing my life, especially when the odds are against it accomplishing anything except to get myself killed as well.

So you have thrown yourself at a guy with a big knife or gun? Wow.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 am

andyt andyt:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

$1:

Yes I have.

I am a chickenshit - not all that big on sacrificing my life, especially when the odds are against it accomplishing anything except to get myself killed as well.

So you have thrown yourself at a guy with a big knife or gun? Wow.

I'm a little amazed that you find the actions of someone doing something to protect others so awe-inspiring. What a horrible pathetic life you must lead, being afraid to get involved and assist those who need it because you might get an owie. :roll:

I'm pretty sure my wife, all 5' 2" is more courageous and tough than you. I hope you never need help and the only people around are like-minded individuals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:26 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
andyt andyt:

I'm a little amazed that you find the actions of someone doing something to protect others so awe-inspiring. What a horrible pathetic life you must lead, being afraid to get involved and assist those who need it because you might get an owie. :roll:

I'm pretty sure my wife, all 5' 2" is more courageous and tough than you. I hope you never need help and the only people around are like-minded individuals.

Well spout off if you want. But first tell me how you took on a guy with a knife or gun when you had no weapon and were in a constricted space where you could not get a bunch of people to jump him at the same time. Then you can insult me all you want, cause I don't think I would do that. Never know till the time comes tho.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 am

Sorry to be the bad guy here... but how about personal responsibilty.

Was Alexander Borgen Larsen passed out from drinking to much???

I mean, we don't know the reason why he was even there.

It's a shame that the people didn't stop, yes.

Maybe if they passed a "good samaritan law" in BC more people might do just that.

As it stands, if you stop to help someone in BC you can be sued. (sued for not attending to the body on the road, or sued for trying to give first aid)