Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:38 pm

Scape Scape:
The fallout for stalking the Manitoba chief justice should be just as serious as stalking the Pope.

Private investigators are hired to legally 'stalk' people. It's what they do, and they have to have a license to be a PI and perform that service. The licensing is quite extensive, as I researched it once just for shits and giggles. I also work with a woman who used to be a private investigator for many years and even went to school extensively for it. She's told me a lot about how it works, and only stopped a bunch of years back because she started a family.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:29 am

Correct, PI's are hired all the time, however for a Lawyer or Legal Group to hire one to follow around a Chief Justice is ethically reprehensible.

It's very close to the equivalent of someone who is before the courts hiring a PI to follow a judge around to try to get dirt on them so they can use it against the Judge so they can walk free. Wait-- that's exactly what they were trying to do.

Imagine if other Criminals were allowed to do this?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:24 am

llama66 llama66:
Correct, PI's are hired all the time, however for a Lawyer or Legal Group to hire one to follow around a Chief Justice is ethically reprehensible.

^^^

There is a reason the courts and the judiciary are independent entities.

No different than the Lethbridge police following around Ministers of the Crown, for shits and giggles.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:29 am

i'd trade in all those shitty pi shows if it means folks stop getting stalked by pinkertons

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:50 am

Private investigators are just glorified paparazzi... change my mind.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:54 am

Paparazzi won't go through your garbage to find out about your intimate habits. But I may underestimate them.