canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:20 am

Title: Manitoba chief justice says he was followed by private investigator to catch him breaking COVID-19 rules
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2021-07-12 08:18:14
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:20 am

Nice. Are there any depths that Churches won't stoop?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:54 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Nice. Are there any depths that Churches won't stoop?

I'm thinking...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:18 pm

So do these clods actually think that if they catch the judge breaking a rule, that it invalidates the law?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:42 am

xerxes xerxes:
So do these clods actually think that if they catch the judge breaking a rule, that it invalidates the law?

No, that it invalidates the Judge.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:40 am

And there they were again on TV for all to see.
People without the freedom to choose their clothes or their husbands snivelling about their freedom to spread disease being denied.
Fuck them.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:05 pm

Wait a minute now. When the press follows and catches members of the executive or legislative branch doing things that they are not supposed to be doing (like watergate), we applaud them. We say: "great job!!!". Everyone is all on board with a free press exposing corruption, ineptitude, etc., etc. in government. So why is it when someone other then the press does the following, or the judicial branch gets followed that the world should stop spinning? There is no expectation of privacy in public. Anyone can follow anyone. The press does not have a corner on the market when it comes to having people followed. Anyone can hire a private eye. Thats why we have all those great shows like: Mannix, the Rockford files, Magnum P.I., Simon and Simon, etc., etc. Don't applaud when the press does it, and then get all cringeworthy when someone else does it. Why is the executive and the legislative branches fair game to be followed but not the judicial branch? Do these guys shit marble or something? They have no more right to be left alone than anyone else. The fact that someone is actually suggesting criminal charges, or sanctions be filed for having someone followed in public (where there is ZERO right to privacy) is scary as hell!!! Talk about a chilling effect. That is the type of shit that happens in banana republics. Newsflash: there is just as much corruption in the judicial branch as any other branch, probably more as these are the people that have the say in people going to prison or not.

Don't get all pissy because you disagree with the politics of the people doing the hiring of the private eye. Don't get all high and mighty and act like a member of the judiciary is beyond reproach. They are not. These judges sign off on warrants all the time that allow ordinary citizens to be followed, spied on, video taped, mail read, personal and electronic conversations intercepted and recorded, personal belongings seized and inspected, etc. Many of these people are targets simply for holding unpopular (with the government) beliefs or opinions. Some of them are the wrong color. Some of them are tired of their lands being stolen, and deals being broken. Some of them do not want a pipeline pushing liquid filth within meters of their drinking water. They disagree with the powers that be, and that puts them in the crosshairs. So don't be getting all sanctimonious when the people signing off on all this bullshit get a little taste of their own medicine.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:18 pm

$1:
Intimidation - Intimidation (also called cowing) is intentional behavior that "would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities" to fear injury or harm. It is not necessary to prove that the behavior was so violent as to cause mean terror or that the victim was actually frightened.

Terrorism as a tactic should never be endorsed. It is a Pandora's box. I do not see this a valid deflection because of the precedent it sets that it is OK to harass public officials without cause. There is a myriad of options available to prove a case but they thought intimidation was valid. Not cool.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Scape Scape:
$1:
Intimidation - Intimidation (also called cowing) is intentional behavior that "would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities" to fear injury or harm. It is not necessary to prove that the behavior was so violent as to cause mean terror or that the victim was actually frightened.

Terrorism as a tactic should never be endorsed. It is a Pandora's box. I do not see this a valid deflection because of the precedent it sets that it is OK to harass public officials without cause. There is a myriad of options available to prove a case but they thought intimidation was valid. Not cool.

Claiming that a private eye following someone is terrorism is fucking laughable. The government is following hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of private citizens daily. They probably have a thick file on everyone hanging out on this site. Do we get to claim intimidation? Does the government remove their tracking devices, phone taps, interceps, etc. when we complain about it? Fuck no they don't. They double down on their efforts. The government can follow people all day and all night but private eyes can't? I call bullshit!

Why would a private eye following someone cause a person of ordinary sensibilities to fear injury or harm? Perhaps you could cite some of those numerous cases where a private eye following someone has injured or harmed the person that they were following? I'll wait. If they were doing their job right, you would not know that they were following you. The fact that someone caught on to the fact that they were being followed points to ineptitude, not intimidation.

The intimidation piece that you posted sounds like it was written by a bunch of pussys to me. "Oh officer there is a black man sitting in a car on my street. I am so afraid for my life. Please help me!!!" Happens all the time. "Officer there is an indian walking around my store for over five minutes now. He has not bought anything yet. I am afraid that he is casing the store for a robbery. Please come right away!!!" Youtube is full of videos with those two scenarios. Then we get to see the subject forced to sit or lie on the ground like a dog. We see the subjects forced to ID to the police because "we got a call!!!"

Could we be a bigger bunch of candy asses and Karens?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:03 pm

Claiming that a mutant religious cult is equal to 'the press' is what's ridiculous.
The press looks for news, it doesn't follow people to advance some perverted fun-dumb-mentalist agenda.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:32 pm

rickc rickc:
Claiming that a private eye following someone is terrorism is fucking laughable.

When you listen to fools, the mob rules.

Are you in favor of lynch mob justice? The only way that ends is in anarchy. Who is to say the next time it isn't a team of investigators stalking the Chief justice and if they can do that to that person who is to stop them from anyone or anything else? What's laughable here is that there is even a modicum of decorum here. You can't have a civil society without being civil.

$1:
The government is following hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of private citizens daily.

Whataboutism isn't a valid defense of terrorism.

$1:
The intimidation piece that you posted sounds like it was written by a bunch of pussys to me.

Take it up with the courts.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:54 pm

rickc rickc:
Claiming that a private eye following someone is terrorism is fucking laughable. The government is following hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of private citizens daily. They probably have a thick file on everyone hanging out on this site. Do we get to claim intimidation? Does the government remove their tracking devices, phone taps, interceps, etc. when we complain about it? Fuck no they don't. They double down on their efforts. The government can follow people all day and all night but private eyes can't? I call bullshit!

Good point. People can't have it both ways and then cry foul.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:07 pm

Apples and Oranges argument.

This isn't Joe Q Public vs Joe Q Public. This is Institution (The Court of law) vs Institution (The Church). The fallout for stalking the Manitoba chief justice should be just as serious as stalking the Pope.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:28 pm

Their rights to be extremist religious cranks, and also to sabotage a national emergency that needed everyone's contribution to end it, completely trump each and every right that the rest of us have. Or at least that's how they interpret the constitution of this country. :roll:

Look into John Carpay's background. He's part of the old Byfield family network that coalesced in the Alberta Report days. His other associates include Ezra Levant, Rick Bell, and the moral runts that founded the Reform Party. None of this is happening by accident. This is all part of the same long-con plan that's unfolding in the United States as the old conservatives all become hardcore right-wingers.