Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:52 pm

Joe_Stalin Joe_Stalin:
Who decides when a war is legal? Surely not the band of bandits at the UN.

The two crooked nations who traded with Saddam despite UN sanctions France and Germany?

When was the last "Legal" war? Vietnam was a police action.

The 40 year war of Muslims killing Christians in the Sudan?

no war is legal, just as it is illegal to start a war. however it is perfectly legal to defend yourself if attacked or if the chaces of you being attacked are very high. thats why britan, canada and the rest of europe began fighting germany in ww2 very early on; even though they weren't being attacked themselves at the time.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:00 pm

$1:
Who decides when a war is legal?

Actually, it was mostly the US who defined the terms when a war could be considered legal. They framed most of that part of the Geneva Conventions themselves. There has to be an imminent threat and there has to be agreement from the UN. The US had neither going into Iraq.

It always makes me giggle when people complain about France and Germany over this. Germany certainly didn't write the rules. France played a small part, but was pretty much in disarray after the war. The biggest part was played by the US, followed by England.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:12 pm

$1:
it doesn't take a crazy person to point out that bush wants to go nuke. he's accusing everyones of using nukes, so him firing first would be "preventaitive action." I just hope it don't happen. I don't think china and russia and south korea will be to happy about nukes going off on their doorsteps.
I think North Korea would set off a nuke on our doorsteps before anyone else except....maybe China.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:17 pm

ziggy ziggy:
[quoteit doesn't take a crazy person to point out that bush wants to go nuke. he's accusing everyones of using nukes, so him firing first would be "preventaitive action." I just hope it don't happen. I don't think china and russia and south korea will be to happy about nukes going off on their doorsteps.]
I think North Korea would set off a nuke on our doorsteps before anyone else except....maybe China.[/quote]

yes, perhapes in tests, or even in agressive action against you guys. but I don't think there stupid enough to mess with ya. even though your down and out for the count right now, your still bigger than they are. And I'm sure you guys would become even more pissed of if the nukes going of on your doorstep was from a nation 2000 miles away. so you'll feel the affecs, anlong with the attacked nation, while the egressive nation feels none, as the enemy doesn't fire back.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:19 pm

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
Joe_Stalin Joe_Stalin:

The two crooked nations who traded with Saddam despite UN sanctions France and Germany?

no war is legal, just as it is illegal to start a war. however it is perfectly legal to defend yourself if attacked or if the chaces of you being attacked are very high. thats why britan, canada and the rest of europe began fighting germany in ww2 very early on; even though they weren't being attacked themselves at the time.

It allways make's me giggle when people quote the geneva convention where war is concerned.
Or legalities. You have an m16 in your hand,you live in the bush far from friendlies,your walking point......last thing you think about is legalities or the geneva convention.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:41 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Joe_Stalin Joe_Stalin:

It allways make's me giggle when people quote the geneva convention where war is concerned.
Or legalities. You have an m16 in your hand,you live in the bush far from friendlies,your walking point......last thing you think about is legalities or the geneva convention.

well in that case a man would be allowed to shoot to kill, cause there is a high probrability that if he doesn't shoot first, the other guy will. this is what i don't have a problem with.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:44 pm

So the war is illegal so 50 million liberated Iraqis and Afghanis are illegal citizens. After their constitution is completed and voted upon, like all free law abiding citizens they should surrender themselves to the "legal" Saddam and Taliban police, demand that the legal rulers be installed.

Makes sense to me. Why do you figure my uncle Joe invented Gulags?

Last edited by Joe_Stalin on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:53 pm

ziggy ziggy:
You have an m16 in your hand,you live in the bush far from friendlies,your walking point......last thing you think about is legalities or the geneva convention.

That M-16 is going to do what in comparison to using a nuke? Disregarding the Geneva for a solider is not that same as the head of state doing it.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:55 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Joe_Stalin Joe_Stalin:

I've made that point a dozen times here myself.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:15 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Ruserious Ruserious:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
How about a Canadian PM that actually put themselves on the world map so even our US chums would know who they are? The only things Yanks remember us for is not supporting them over 911 and Iraq.

The reasons they know so little about us is because they don't really care as we have so little impact on them.

OK, the USMC should have know better but that was 12 years ago?
:roll:

Yea, it wouldn't help if the American president had an IQ and knowledge of the 2 countries bordering his.

We have so little impact on them?
Cool, then they won't miss all that oil when we turn off the taps and start selling it all to China and India instead.

There we go, let's resort to personal attacks on the IQ of the US President. Maybe that's why the Yanks are getting pissed off at us.

Instead of just using the tired old "he's a thickie" rhetoric maybe a reasoned position of your views could be stated? This is after all a discussion forum. Just slagging people off like you are still at high school, a discussion doth not make.

:lol:

Practicing what you're preaching Eyepotkettle?

EyeBrock at the top of page 6 EyeBrock at the top of page 6:
I agree Ice Owl. The US are painfully ignorant about the world outside their own borders.

Nice try hypocrite.

$1:
We already sell to Indian and Chinese markets, its just cheaper and more profitable to us to send it to the Yanks, that's why we sell it to them along with a majority of most of the products we export to the US. Not because we love 'em but because we make money off them.
As Bob Dylan once sang,

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is
Rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:17 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Once you can see through the hatred for the US then you can judge the whole war without bias,are you biased mullah Ripcat?

I was questioning how you linked the destruction of World Trade Towers with Iraq. I will assume that you have been sucked into the U.S. administration's propaganda machine.

Most of the hijackers were Saudis, none were Iraqis, so according to your views the U.S. should have attacked Saudi Arabia, not Iraq.

Terrorists took their war against America to Iraq after the U.S. invasion of Iraq. The terrorists actually gain some credibility with extremist Muslims because they have gone from targeting innocents in non-Muslim lands to targeting occupying forces on Muslim soil. Not a good thing if you are trying to convince Muslims that the terrorists are the bad guys.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:19 pm

Uncle Joe said:

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:26 pm

Ripcat Ripcat:
Terrorists took their war against America to Iraq after the U.S. invasion of Iraq. The terrorists actually gain some credibility with extremist Muslims because they have gone from targeting innocents in non-Muslim lands to targeting occupying forces on Muslim soil. Not a good thing if you are trying to convince Muslims that the terrorists are the bad guys.

It's better to fight fundamentalist Islamicists in Iraq than here in North America.

Why not draw them off here to fight there? That's a good thing to do.
It's exactly what they should be doing.

Why Iraq and not Saudi Arabia?

Why not? No one liked the old regime, it's a prime piece of real estate, and it had the most plausible justification (the 1991 war), for making it the target in 2002.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:27 pm

Joe_Stalin Joe_Stalin:
Uncle Joe said:

"Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed."

same could be said for all weapons. like nukes. appearently its only safe when one country has enough to blow up a moon, while the rest have none.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:31 pm

Jaime_Souviens Jaime_Souviens:
...it's a prime piece of real estate,...

So is Canada! 8O

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next