canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:07 pm

Ok. We're talking about beer, and how they sell beer in different places, and not a political debate, right?

If I remember, if you look at the Labatt's Blue boxes for a 12 pack,---in Québec, the word Labatts has a large white fleur-de-lis shown with it, and in Ontario, it has a large maple leaf. In America, it either has a smaller maple leaf or just the name, I can't exactly recall.

So they're packaging it differently for different markets.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:16 pm

Jaime_Souviens Jaime_Souviens:
Ok. We're talking about beer, and how they sell beer in different places, and not a political debate, right?

If I remember, if you look at the Labatt's Blue boxes for a 12 pack,---in Québec, the word Labatts has a large white fleur-de-lis shown with it, and in Ontario, it has a large maple leaf. In America, it either has a smaller maple leaf or just the name, I can't exactly recall.

Exactly, the name or in this case an Icon would sell differently in other places, some would sell, others would not due to either political reasons or otherwise.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:57 pm

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:57 pm

"...a beer with the name "Quebec" wont sell here either, it works two ways so I could understand why "Canada" wont sell there"

People from Quebec are Canadian...and you can understand why these Canadians won't buy a beer called Canadian?

I can't.

*sigh*
*opens fridge*
*pshhhhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh*

m

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:52 pm

Mukluk Mukluk:
There is no reason for Quebecois not to drink Canadian other than bad attitudes. They are Canadians.
m

The problem is just there Mukluk. A lot of quebecers don't "feel" canadian and are not to fond of anything related to Canada. You can argue that Quebecois don't like the taste of the Molson Canadian but it would not be fair, because it tastes very similar to other molson products.

I also understand the parallel made by Tman and I have no problem to believe that other Canadians are not too fond of anything related to quebec... because it reminds them the threat of separation.

That's all we were saying really. Ok now I'm sorry I didn't want to start a political debate. Ehhmm... who wants a beer??!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:54 pm

deneb deneb:
Mukluk Mukluk:
There is no reason for Quebecois not to drink Canadian other than bad attitudes. They are Canadians.
m

The problem is just there Mukluk. A lot of quebecers don't "feel" canadian and are not to fond of anything related to Canada. You can argue that Quebecois don't like the taste of the Molson Canadian but it would not be fair, because it tastes very similar to other molson products.

I also understand the parallel made by Tman and I have no problem to believe that other Canadians are not too fond of anything related to quebec... because it reminds them the threat of separation.

That's all we were saying really. Ok now I'm sorry I didn't want to start a political debate. Ehhmm... who wants a beer??!

Need you ask, Pssssssssha *cracks open beer* Cheers. [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:21 pm

Cmmd1 Cmmd1:
I got 2 question.
1- Molson Ex or Dry is different then Molson Canadian ? The taste is different ?
2- You drink that beer just because of the word Canadian ?

I've drunk a lot of the three and they are all different.
Ex has an after taste. I don't like or dislike but it's not my favorite because of that.
Dry tastes less beer and more alcool, more true when very cold.
Canadian tastes beer, not too much like some others, i find the balance perfect. Very refreshing 8)

[BB]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:40 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Yah I know what you mean, I mean if some Quebec beer trying to sell in Western Canada, with the name oh lets say... "Seperatist Quebec beer, if you wont let us seperate we will seperate you from reality with drunkeness" sorry little joke there but a beer with the name "Quebec" wont sell here either, it works two ways so I could understand why "Canada" wont sell there however if the beer tastes good, the name shouldnt matter, right fellow beer drinkers :D :D :D

I just went to the corner store to buy some beer and I found the perfect title that would not sell outside Quebec:

:lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:59 pm

Hmm wonder what that tastes like? I wouldnt mind a pull on that. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:16 am

I'm from quebec and if I want to drink some molson canadian (and i did yesterday) i have to walk 30 seconds to the super market across the street, they sell molson canadian in 6 12's or 24's...

The fact that molson canadian does not sell well here is undenaibly true, but real Canadians like myself know where to get it...

I must say i like drinking Molson Canadian on St-Jean Baptiste Day to tease those fuckin separatists

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:13 pm

What ever happened to Molson's Brador
:?:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:58 pm

A beer with a reference to a nation looks suspect for me. Is it that the product is so bad that the marketing team had to use patriotism to sell it??? :lol:

It's the same thing for "Le p'tit Québec" cheese, I DON'T TRUST IT! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:19 pm

Bullet Bullet:
I must say i like drinking Molson Canadian on St-Jean Baptiste Day to tease those fuckin separatists

As much as they like drinking anything <b><i>but</i></b> Molson Canadian, 365 days a year, just to make a point to those fuckin federalists and royalists.

It must work since it seems to throw so may of you upside down.

See, it works both ways...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:31 pm

$1:
A beer with a reference to a nation looks suspect for me. Is it that the product is so bad that the marketing team had to use patriotism to sell it???

It's the same thing for "Le p'tit Québec" cheese, I DON'T TRUST IT!

IMO it's not a marketing strategy. Although, I can respect the fact that you would not buy a brand with the name from either Canada or Quebec for that matter. As long as it goes both ways.

$1:

I might try that just for the fun of it lol :lol: I do not drink Molson products since I am mostly a Labatt's fan. Although I must say that I do enjoy their commercials.