CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 456
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:11 pm
 


Talk about a beer with no visibility in quebec... it's sad. The beer tastes good (well... quite the same as the Molson Ex) and I remember feeling more canadian with it in my hand :)

It's because of little things like these that quebecers like me find it hard to feel we're part of this country.

Oh, I guess nobody wants to feel canadian in Quebec. I feel like a martian... (Mac! Yeah I feel like MAC in the Mac and me movie!.. ehh ok sorry about that). It's almost impossible to say high and loud that you're proud (or at least that you would want to be proud) of Canada without people looking at you confused. The fact that i'm french confused them even more.

Oh anyway... I'd make a special Quebec version for the Molson Canadian with the following modified sticker : JeVoudraisMeSentirCanadien / IWouldLikeToFeelCanadian. That would be a start.

I will stop now. I don't want the separatists to jump here and say the same old things the same old way.

Salut


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:14 pm
 


why is there no molson canadian in quebec?


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9862
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:19 pm
 


Wasn't Molson started in Quebec?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 456
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:22 pm
 


guest123 wrote:
why is there no molson canadian in quebec?


You can find some, but it's quite rare and if there are you're not likely to find them until you look closely in the backstore. I'm pretty sure a lot of people in quebec don't even know that this beer exists. I'm not joking.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9956
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:38 pm
 


Canadaka wrote:
Wasn't Molson started in Quebec?


Montreal in 1791 I think? By the Molson family. Ironic isnt it. Oh well they sold us out to Coors.


Last edited by Tman1 on Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 142
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:38 pm
 


Well I know this beer, I've never tasted it, one day my friend and I almost bought this beer, we walked a little bit with it and then we got back and took a Blanche de Québec.

By the way in canada you can't buy beer in the corner store hahaha. Here you get beer everywhere.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 449
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:53 pm
 


Anyone up their try Honeyweiss? Simply the best beer around.


Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
Profile
Posts: 568
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:06 pm
 


Gabriel wrote:
By the way in canada you can't buy beer in the corner store hahaha. Here you get beer everywhere.


right....? you dont have to walk more than 3 minutes to find a beer, if you are mmm anywhere... lol

good to see someone from trois-rivières. (deneb)

Molson rocks! all of them :P


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3362
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:15 pm
 


I live in Quebec and deneb is right. You cannot find Molson Canadian. I have only seen 1 store carry it. Maybe I did not look hard enough. But it goes to show you that anything with the word ``Canadian`` on it does not sit well with most folks around here lol !!!!! :lol:


Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 718
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:20 pm
 


Ah come on. No Molson Canadian in PQ so it must be a separatist issue. Gimme a break. When I lived there there were all kinds of Molson products in Quebec, and other good stuff you can't get in the West...like Black Label.

m


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6562
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:33 pm
 


In Montreal, about 1 store in 3 stocks Molson Canadian.
I know where to look since I often buy it.

I agree that's a separatist thing. They stock beer that sells. Bud, Dry, Ex, Blue.
Well the beer with the girls in the ads :wink:

Since Molson Canadian wouldn't sell really good, it's more rare.

What I like with the Ontario Beer Store is the choice of beer. All those beers on the wall and you say: I'll take that much of that beer. Every time I go see my family I pass by Ottawa's 417 and 17 so I go to beer store in Mattawa or Deep River to get 12 cans of tall Molson Canadian 473ml 8)


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12283
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:59 pm
 


Molson will sell Canadian wherever there is a market for it. On the West Island it isn't hard to find Canadian. I'm not surprised that it's tougher to get in Quebec City!


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3362
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:14 pm
 


I wanted to point out that I did not go to every stores around in order to find it though. Maybe there are some that carry it.

I drink Labatts most of the time. (nothing against Molson).

But it would be a shame that, if the reason why it is not popular around here, is because it has the word ``Canadian``.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6562
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:18 pm
 


Franky wrote:
But it would be a shame that, if the reason why it is not popular around here, is because it has the word ``Canadian``.


Sad, but true.
At least for my friends. When they see me drinking Molson Canadian, they laugh at me naming me a "maudit fédéraliste".

But you know what ? I don't care and i'm proud !
[B-o] :rock: [B-o]


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 456
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:52 pm
 


Mukluk wrote:
Ah come on. No Molson Canadian in PQ so it must be a separatist issue. Gimme a break. When I lived there there were all kinds of Molson products in Quebec, and other good stuff you can't get in the West...like Black Label.

m


Mukluk, I won't give you a break because this is the reality :) Why is there no market for Molson Canadian in quebec? Because the word "Canada" doesn't sell here. Why is that? I'll let you guess...

Like Proculation said it's sad but true.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.