CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28992
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:48 pm
 


Title: Australian camels to die. They drink too much water and their flatulence contributes to global warming
Category: Environmental
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2020-01-07 13:53:10


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11212
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:48 pm
 


This reminds me of the slaughter of buffalo that occurred in the US in the 1870s. People would shoot buffalo from trains hired hunters to kill millions of buffalo and almost drove the N A bison into extinction. I hope there is some REAL good reason for this, too many animals were burned alive and they are doing this.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16174
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:12 pm
 


Well there is the title of the article for starters. Also, they’re not a species native to Australia. They were brought by colonists in the 19th century.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13914
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:17 pm
 


xerxes wrote:
Well there is the title of the article for starters. Also, they’re not a species native to Australia. They were brought by colonists in the 19th century.


Non Aborigines aren't native to Australia either and you don't see open season on them, do you?

But, with obtuse attitudes like this I'm really wondering if they're shooting the right animals to save the continent? These condemned camels don't live on the coast, don't drink anymore water than a cow, didn't start the fires and definitely don't fart anymore than your average Aussie bushman or fat chick living in Sydney and eating bon bons while watching Mcleods Daughters on the telly.

So, what's the real reason for this cull? My guess is the ranchers are going to lose money because of the drought and they actually think this global warming bullshit about the camels destroying the environment will save their herds. Unfortunately they're wrong. All the killing of the camels will do is delay the inevitable.


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 34681
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:57 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
xerxes wrote:
Well there is the title of the article for starters. Also, they’re not a species native to Australia. They were brought by colonists in the 19th century.


Non Aborigines aren't native to Australia either and you don't see open season on them, do you?


Non-Aborigines aren't tearing up towns looking for water that isn't there. The camels are going to die from the lack of water. Why stand by and watch the inevitable?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ ... alian-town


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29791
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:38 am
 


Aborigines aren't native to Australia either. :wink:


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64520
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14 am
 


Over a billion animals dead in the fires and the solution is to kill a bunch more? :roll:


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 34681
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:22 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Over a billion animals dead in the fires and the solution is to kill a bunch more? :roll:


They are going to die anyhow, just like the droughts in south Africa have seen tens of thousands of animals die due to lack of water. Nothing will stop that.

And many more will die after the fires, due to lack of food sources. And many habitats may not renew, due to the changes the fires have caused.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11212
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:16 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Over a billion animals dead in the fires and the solution is to kill a bunch more? :roll:

Sounds like US Congressional thinking.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13914
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:35 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
xerxes wrote:
Well there is the title of the article for starters. Also, they’re not a species native to Australia. They were brought by colonists in the 19th century.


Non Aborigines aren't native to Australia either and you don't see open season on them, do you?


Non-Aborigines aren't tearing up towns looking for water that isn't there. The camels are going to die from the lack of water. Why stand by and watch the inevitable?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ ... alian-town



Sorry Doc, you're going to have to do better than that to convince me killing more animals after millions have lost their lives is the way to save Australia.

BTW you're article is more than 10 years old which tells me that either they didn't do it then, did it incorrectly or they're doing it now to, as the article claims, prevent camel farts from destroying the environment. And for the record article wasn't about millions of camels farting and drinking water. It was 6k camels overrunning a town and drinking the water and damaging infrastructure.

But, if it was a problem over 10 years ago why has no one mentioned that fact and explained that the problem existed back then instead of screaming about culling the camels that are destroying the country and climate now?

It may sound cruel but if the camels die of thirst, that's nature ensuring the herd will survive by making sure the strongest and smartest survive out of the reduced herd.


Online
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 34681
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:55 am
 


Freakinoldguy wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:

Non Aborigines aren't native to Australia either and you don't see open season on them, do you?


Non-Aborigines aren't tearing up towns looking for water that isn't there. The camels are going to die from the lack of water. Why stand by and watch the inevitable?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ ... alian-town


Sorry Doc, you're going to have to do better than that to convince me killing more animals after millions have lost their lives is the way to save Australia.


I never claimed it was.

Freakinoldguy wrote:
BTW you're article is more than 10 years old which tells me that either they didn't do it then, did it incorrectly or they're doing it now to, as the article claims, prevent camel farts from destroying the environment. And for the record article wasn't about millions of camels farting and drinking water. It was 6k camels overrunning a town and drinking the water and damaging infrastructure.

But, if it was a problem over 10 years ago why has no one mentioned that fact and explained that the problem existed back then instead of screaming about culling the camels that are destroying the country and climate now?


The camel/cow/goat/jackalope farts thing is just the right wing's way of dismissing the reality of climate change. Just their response to an argument no one is making. I gave it all the scrutiny it deserves, which is to say I ignored it. The article was just another in along series of how they deal with feral camels in the Australian outback. Or rabbits, or frogs. You can never kill them all, and it just takes 2 to repopulate.

If you want something newer, here:

Quote:
"They are roaming the streets looking for water. We are worried about the safety of the young children", says Marita Baker, who lives in the community of Kanypi.

Some feral horses will also be killed.

The marksmen who will shoot the animals come from Australia's department for environment and water.

Hot and dry conditions have led to huge bush fires across Australia in the last few months, but the country's drought has lasted for years. The camel cull is not directly linked to the fires crisis.

The slaughter will take place in the area of Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara (APY) - a sparsely-populated part of South Australia which is home to a number of indigenous groups.

"There is extreme pressure on remote Aboirignal communities in the APY lands and their pastoral [livestock] operations as the camels search for water," says APY's general manager Richard King in a statement.

"Given ongoing dry conditions and the large camel congregations threatening all of the main APY communities and infrastructure, immediate camel control is needed," he adds.


https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-51032145

Freakinoldguy wrote:
It may sound cruel but if the camels die of thirst, that's nature ensuring the herd will survive by making sure the strongest and smartest survive out of the reduced herd.


Both options are cruel, killing them or watching them die slowly. :(


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 25125
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:19 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
The camel/cow/goat/jackalope farts thing is just the right wing's way of dismissing the reality of climate change.


I don't think you want to be blaming the right for "Progressive" insanity here.

In this case it is a "Progressive" shill group calling itself the "Aboriginal leaders in the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara lands" claiming to worry about camel farts.

We're told as follows: "as camels emit methane equivalent to one tonne of carbon ­dioxide a year, APY has called for the culling to result in award carbon credits being awarded."

We didn't "start the fire," as they say.

We're just noticing your nuttiness. We're just doing this - [laughat]

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, as they say.

Oh, and tell AOC we said "Hi."


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1388
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:32 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Over a billion animals dead in the fires and the solution is to kill a bunch more? :roll:
Yes. That is the point of the culling.

As long as the tards are happy to believe that Mother Nature and God are conspiring to kill everybody, then the culling will continue until all of the useful idiots have done their jobs.


Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:21 am
 


that's a lot of toes


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rickc and 23 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.