Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-05-04 18:14:45

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 pm

$1:
Campaigners have said that a man from Melbourne who had a sex-change operation in his early 20s was now suing his doctors because he regretted the decision.

If it was his decision should it not be his responsibility?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm

I hope he/she doesn't regret it later.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:18 pm

wow...
What shrink can go through with this?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:23 pm

Strutz Strutz:
$1:
Campaigners have said that a man from Melbourne who had a sex-change operation in his early 20s was now suing his doctors because he regretted the decision.

Isn't that a womans perogative? :D

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:02 am

I think it's generally the rule to wait until they're in their early 20's to have a sex change operation.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:53 am

$1:
The Family Court in Melbourne said the removal of both breasts would help Alex to build a new life as a boy.

If they honestly think that they are dreaming. Having a vagina and no boobs doesn't make you a boy. The child has a war going on between his mind and his body. Trying to help one side win isn't going to result in an overall victory.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:10 pm

It is unfortunate that the teenager suffers from a psychological condition and I wish them all the best. However I disagree with the teen being referred to as "he" through out the article, It just doesn't seem right to me. :?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:00 pm

At least she/he could always get implants if one day she/he felt like being a woman again. Imagine if you got your manly bits removed then BAM one day you felt the urge to have them again? You'd be shit outta luck for the rest of your life. :lol:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:47 pm

$1:
"Alex has "gender identity dysphoria", a psychological condition where a person believes they are the opposite sex, the Age newspaper reported.

Alex has been on hormone treatment since he was 13 to prevent menstruation, it said. "

I'll make the (rather dangerous) assumption that this individual has been carefully assessed and has been treated by professionals.

That said, what the hell do the government/courts have to do with this? When he/she reaches the age of majority he/she can do anything he/she wants.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Strutz Strutz:
$1:

Its the age of aquarius dude, it's considered a social norm these days to not be held totally personally responsible for anything.

Me pay ? No way !

sarcasm/