CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28637
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 am
 


Title: McGuinty says Harper has agreed to give Ontario 21 more seats in Parliament
Category: Political
Posted By: bootlegga
Date: 2008-12-17 10:42:59
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20828
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:47 am
 


More vote buying...





PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:50 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
More vote buying...



looks like he was buying votes in BC and Alberta(how can he do that) as well. :roll:


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4344
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:54 am
 


mtbr wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
More vote buying...



looks like he was buying votes in BC and Alberta(how can he do that) as well. :roll:

R=UP


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:18 pm
 


pearls to swine.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8562
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:32 pm
 


Harper knows Quebec's just about a lost cause, and when you're working out of 75%, a majority is hard to make. With 21 more seats in Ontario, a proince in which he did win a majority of the seats last time, he's mattering his own chances of forming a majority government. It's not vote buying, it's stacking the deck.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20828
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:40 pm
 


hurley_108 wrote:
Harper knows Quebec's just about a lost cause, and when you're working out of 75%, a majority is hard to make. With 21 more seats in Ontario, a proince in which he did win a majority of the seats last time, he's mattering his own chances of forming a majority government. It's not vote buying, it's stacking the deck.


No, I'd say it's vote buying, because when the next election rolls around, I'm sure he'll be telling every Ontario resident who will listen about how they're getting more say in federal politics. It's nothing more than a bribe to get Ontarioans (?) to vote Conservative.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:44 pm
 


You can just bet that those new seats will be quite a ways away from Toronto too. :D





PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:45 pm
 


and if he would have gave them less which was the original proposal what would the Liberals say?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20828
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:48 pm
 


Probably...


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4344
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:29 pm
 


mtbr wrote:
and if he would have gave them less which was the original proposal what would the Liberals say?


wait! stop right there! no need to bring reason into this!


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
Profile
Posts: 1177
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:34 pm
 


with the Tories initial proposal the new seats would've gone Ontario 10, Alberta 5, BC 7, funny how now Quebec's all but lost and they're way up in the polls in Ontario we're suddenly getting 11 extra seats. Wonder how many of those 21 seats will go to urban ridings?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10847
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:49 pm
 


IcedCap wrote:
with the Tories initial proposal the new seats would've gone Ontario 10, Alberta 5, BC 7, funny how now Quebec's all but lost and they're way up in the polls in Ontario we're suddenly getting 11 extra seats. Wonder how many of those 21 seats will go to urban ridings?



All of them I hope.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23570
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:09 pm
 


Lets see electoral districts were changed in 97, again in 03, and now in 09. Pattern? Of course not.

Also, the three provinces are the most under-represented based on population. While Quebec is over represented.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_House_of_Commons

But why should that matter. Harper is clearly evil.

Seems some of you really need to get over your hatred of Harper and look a little more closely at what he is doing. He isn't perfect, but he isn't Satan either.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10847
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:17 pm
 


Tricks wrote:

Seems some of you really need to get over your hatred of Harper and look a little more closely at what he is doing. He isn't perfect, but he isn't Satan either.


Won't happen Tricks, the hatred of common sense eludes all that is left thinking.

Maybe a genetic inferiority. :twisted:


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 72 guests



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.