bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:48 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Ohh, I agree with that, neither would I. I would just tell my kids to suck it up :lol:

And so then we have agreed. And this is what I think is THE issue lying beneath this entire discussion. People not willing to accept the way things are done and once more found a willing ear who will pander to every desire of the minority opinion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:49 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
I don't care what people do with their other beliefs. They can do whatever.

My only interest here is Canadians being connected by being Canadian.

Thats my point. You mirror religious decrees of the day. They didn't care if people believed or not only that everybody recite and acknowledge their god.

Think about it.

And again, this country is not a church. We aren't defined by such a beleive. We don't expect people to be religious.

I view Canada being an option to go to, like a Church is.

You go to a church, you recite the lords prayer, and they can care
less about what else you do.

You go to Canada, you recite O Canada, and they care

If it's a Catholic or religious school, then whatever, have any religious
ramblings you want. But in a regular school, the only thing that all those
students in that school are unified by is Canada.

You view it that way. So do religious people who view their faith like your patriotism.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:49 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Brenda Brenda:
What you guys are saying is: hey, you are in Canada now, suck it up!

That's exactly what I would tell them. Why are they here if they don't want to hear our National anthem? I suspect these people will never go to a remembrance day ceremony either, cause hearing the national anthem is too hard for them. If they don't like the anthem, then fuck off.

Again. this is elementary school. Those kids had no choice in being in Canada or not, and have no choice to listen to the anthem every day. You cannot kick kids out of the country, that is just bullshit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:50 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Tricks Tricks:
The principal is a fucking asshole. Done.

And with that, this argument is over. Thanks

I'm honestly shocked that a principal canning the national anthem in it's school has cause 9 pages of arguments. I thought the majority of people here love Canada, and that's why they are here. Clearly not. It's really kind of sad. Feel like nominating every single person who supports this principal for anti-canuck out of sheer principal.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 pm

Also, DerbyX. The grand majority of students at my school are Agnostic and Atheist.

The Lord's Prayer wouldn't unify us like O Canada.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:51 pm

Brenda Brenda:
What you guys are saying is: hey, you are in Canada now, suck it up! Not everybody would do that in another country, don't expect everybody to be as patriotic as you guys are.

Without sounding too arrogant or intolerant ya. People have alot of rights in this country to alot of things that fit into their ways they are used to. But there are some adjustments to be made when you are residing in an adopted nation. This is one of them.

Suck it up buttercup.

That being said, I need to work in the morning so I am off to the sack. Night all its been an adventure tonight thats for sure. Here's to common sense prevailing! [B-o] :rock:

Last edited by SigPig on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
And again, this country is not a church. We aren't defined by such a beleive. We don't expect people to be religious.

I view Canada being an option to go to, like a Church is.

You go to a church, you recite the lords prayer, and they can care

You go to Canada, you recite O Canada, and they care

If it's a Catholic or religious school, then whatever, have any religious
ramblings you want. But in a regular school, the only thing that all those
students in that school are unified by is Canada.

You view it that way. So do religious people who view their faith like your patriotism.

I don't know why I've had to repeat this dozens of times over the past few hours.

This would be great for an analogy if people we're refusing to do the Lord's Prayer in a church.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Tricks Tricks:
Brenda Brenda:
What you guys are saying is: hey, you are in Canada now, suck it up!

That's exactly what I would tell them. Why are they here if they don't want to hear our National anthem? I suspect these people will never go to a remembrance day ceremony either, cause hearing the national anthem is too hard for them. If they don't like the anthem, then fuck off.

Again. this is elementary school. Those kids had no choice in being in Canada or not, and have no choice to listen to the anthem every day. You cannot kick kids out of the country, that is just bullshit.

If they have a problem with it they can leave. Or deal with it. One or another. I can understand not having the anthem in highschool. I didn't, I wouldn't have minded having it though. However if it were to be taken out of my elementary school I'd be pissed. And if some jack off tried to take it out of my kids elementary school, I'd raise so much hell my goal would be to cause a god damn riot. This is our National fucking Anthem. Not some other bullshit. I have no patience for immigrants who do not respect our customs. You (immigrants, not you in particular) came to Canada, not the other way around.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:54 pm

Oh and Derby, as a fellow Atheist, I find you comparing Patriotism with religion pretty fucking insulting.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:56 pm

lily lily:

So stand by your principles and nominate me.

We don't sing the anthem daily in our schools here.... does that mean we don't love Canada?

What a stupid argument.

High school or elementary school? High school I can understand. Elementary school is unacceptable.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:56 pm

Tricks Tricks:
If they have a problem with it they can leave. Or deal with it. One or another. I can understand not having the anthem in highschool. I didn't, I wouldn't have minded having it though. However if it were to be taken out of my elementary school I'd be pissed. And if some jack off tried to take it out of my kids elementary school, I'd raise so much hell my goal would be to cause a god damn riot. This is our National fucking Anthem. Not some other bullshit. I have no patience for immigrants who do not respect our customs. You (immigrants, not you in particular) came to Canada, not the other way around.

Kids don't mind, I'm sure of that. Either way...

But, they don't take it out entirely, but just everyday. They will keep it up monthly.

Then... Where does it say exactly IMMIGRANTS wanted this?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Tricks Tricks:
lily lily:

We don't sing the anthem daily in our schools here.... does that mean we don't love Canada?

What a stupid argument.

High school or elementary school? High school I can understand. Elementary school is unacceptable.

My kids (elementary school) do not, and never have, sung the anthem daily.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:58 pm

I'd second those medals, Tricks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:59 pm

lily lily:

What a stupid argument.
sigh....once again this isn't about whether we all sing it or not. It's about people that don't want us to sing it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:00 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Tricks Tricks:
lily lily:

What a stupid argument.

My kids (elementary school) do not, and never have, sung the anthem daily.

Jesus Christ.

I'm glad I went to much of my Elementary in Manitoba. They still do it a lot for at least Elementary over there.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12 ... 18  Next