Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:06 am

-8C Calm and mostly clear..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:36 am

It's Sunny on Grey Day! Feels like -36, so it's starting to warm up! Happy Shiverday! [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:05 am

Nice day! I'm putting up the Christmas lights!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Just started snowing a short while ago. Very light at the moment and it's only -5 which is not so bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:30 pm

Absolutely fricken gorgeous day [B-o] R=UP

24C ..just a few clouds, Went for a 12 k hike this morning followed by lunch then 20 laps of the pool. Sat on the patio since 2 drinking cold ones watching the Cards...the sun is setting.. time for some New York cuts on the BBQ!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:36 pm

-16C, clear and low humidity (-24C windchill).

But...

Special weather statement in effect for: Québec

Significant snowfall possible this week...

A major weather system is expected to develop over the eastern American seaboard early this week. It is still too early to provide details concerning exact snowfall amounts, as the is still some uncertainty with regard to storm's track. The snow could also change over to rain or freezing precipitation, as temperatures will
Be near zero.

Last edited by raydan on Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:37 pm

what an amazing day, we got the Christmas tree and put up the lights outside all while wearing a hoodie and scarf... no gloves or boots needed. The sun was shining and the grass is still green. It does not get better than this. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:44 pm

-18°C and we have a heavy snowfall warning, with accumulations of up to 20 cm possible. Wednesday it's supposed to be sunny and 4°C.....yeah right. This is an Environment Canada Forecast a la Mercer.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Only -24 today on my thermometer. I may venture out to move some snow with the quad before it gets too heavy with our impending warm up later this week +3! I have my truck set up with a timer to go 4 hrs before I need it. Plug it in every night that it is forecast to be -20 or more.

:?
Funny.. So often I still get the, "Oh my God! Why would you live WAY up there?!!"
I've decided one of the reasons is it's warmer "up here" than "down there" more often than not. :lol:

It was -12 and sunny here most of the day.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:05 am

+1 All afternoon and has only dropped to 0C now and it's 2am. BBQ dinner in my bare feet and shorts. [B-o]
Wasn't spending much time out there looking at the grill but didn't need shoes to run in and out! Going to be like this all week. [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Winter storm warning in effect for: Québec area

Total snowfall amounts possibly exceeding 15 centimetres with gusts of up to 110 km/h are expected. This combination of snow and high winds will significantly reduce visibilities for several hours.

Not that much snow but that wind makes it so much worse.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Storm surge warning
Wind warning
Blowing snow advisory

Right now it's 1C, light drizzle with 77km gusts.
Should get ice pellets with a risk of freezing rain later and 90 to 110km gusts.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:44 pm

12C and it is just PISSING down right now although the forecast says "showers"!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:23 pm

A couple of days ago I bought our Christmas Turkey, it was -15 at the time and I thought I'd just leave this bird sitting in the recliner out on the veranda. I took the blanket off the chair and threw it over the turkey to keep the cats out.

Then the Snow Eater moves in and +14, with in 30 hours that turkey had thawed out 80-90%.

Now we got us a Holiday Practice Bird. :lol:

Attachments:
1 (2).JPG
1 (2).JPG [ 448.18 KiB | Viewed 40 times ]
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 pm

Same weather here in the BC Hinterland. Chinook swept in overnight and by morning my driveway was completely clear of snow and the pack had dropped considerably. More high winds and warm temps today - high of 12' - the snow has all but disappeared. I'm loving it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7523 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 318  319  320  321  322  323  324 ... 502  Next