CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:57 pm

Google "Anti-Canadian" I was suprised at some of the stuff I found like prostitution is legal in Canada? 8O Really?? I never knew that :roll:
Have fun!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:05 pm

I hang out at Tim Hortons with my dingle dangled out and will service any beaver that can afford to cover it with honey glazed. I also accept Canadian Tire money.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:23 pm

LOL What can I say I was board and I thought I would just see what was out there. Like my DH would say for shits and giggles.... Some of the sites I found were funny others were just whacked. Oh well.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:00 am

$1:
Like my DH would say
You have your own designated hitter? :wink:

Prostitution is legal in Canada. Soliciting for the purposes of prostitution and living off the avails of prostitution are illegal, but as long as you don't talk about it or spend the money you earn it's legal. Oh, you can't run a common bawdy house either...not sure about an uncommon one.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:15 am

LOL sorry Rev. DH - Dear/Darn Hubby. Lingo from the msg board I'm addicted to. :D And yes I know prostitution is technically legal. Rather goofy the way thats set up huh?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:17 pm

I can't even figure out why it's illegal. Actually I heard an explanation once...the men went away to WWI and when they came back they found that gambling, drinking and prostitution had been made illegal when they were gone. Not a really accurate version, but it likely seemed like that to a lot of them when they got back.

I've also heard that the way we've kept prostitution legal has to do with the Victorian aversion to sex. If you made prostitution illegal you might have to admit that people actually had sex, but by taking a step back you never had to mention it, it became abstract. There could be some truth to that too...we are talking about people who used to cover up the legs of tables so nobody got the wrong idea.