CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:24 pm

housewife housewife:
The Beatles Sargent Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band the album

Some really good songs on this album! [B-o]

Funny, how with some artists, you feel compelled to listen to the whole album rather than just a few select songs. Some albums are just that brilliantly arranged and I can think of a few I feel that way about.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:04 am

Strutz Strutz:
Some albums are just that brilliantly arranged and I can think of a few I feel that way about.

Albums in general are rare now. Every artist tries to steer towards streaming. Three minutes songs, and they need to stand on their own. Hard to do a whole album like Sgt. Pepper and have people listen to the whole thing.

One of my favourite covid things to do is eat an adult cookie, and put on 'The Wall', or 'Hellbilly Deluxe', or 'Immortalized' on, put on my VR headset and go to a mountain cabin retreat and just enjoy the sights and sounds.

Like a mini-vacation, without the cost of gas. :)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:07 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Strutz Strutz:
Some albums are just that brilliantly arranged and I can think of a few I feel that way about.

Albums in general are rare now. Every artist tries to steer towards streaming. Three minutes songs, and they need to stand on their own. Hard to do a whole album like Sgt. Pepper and have people listen to the whole thing.

One of my favourite covid things to do is eat an adult cookie, and put on 'The Wall', or 'Hellbilly Deluxe', or 'Immortalized' on, put on my VR headset and go to a mountain cabin retreat and just enjoy the sights and sounds.

I guess I'm weird. :|

I've never streamed music online (I'm guessing listening to a radio station on an actual radio isn't considered the same thing). It's been almost 10 years since I even downloaded any songs or albums, which I paid for on a legit site. I still have a couple hundred CD's actually and have lots of good stuff on my laptop, from whole albums to select songs, many genres but mostly classic rock.

'The Wall' is the first album that came to mind when I made that comment. You just have to be in that certain "zone" and listen to the whole thing. :wink: There are many other albums that I just have hear in entirety.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:07 am

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Strutz Strutz:

I guess I'm weird. :|

I've never streamed music online (I'm guessing listening to a radio station on an actual radio isn't considered the same thing). It's been almost 10 years since I even downloaded any songs or albums, which I paid for on a legit site. I still have a couple hundred CD's actually and have lots of good stuff on my laptop, from whole albums to select songs, many genres but mostly classic rock.

You aren't weird. I've never streamed, but I have downloaded. I've had a couple iPods, and that was one way to fill them with music. But mostly I ripped my own CDs and LPs, and stuffed them on the iPod. Even a few cassettes. :)

And one requirement I have for new cell phones is they have to be equipped for, and play, normal radio signals. I don't stream radio, I just grab it out of the air for free. :)

Strutz Strutz:
'The Wall' is the first album that came to mind when I made that comment. You just have to be in that certain "zone" and listen to the whole thing. :wink: There are many other albums that I just have hear in entirety.

Yup. Rumours. Paradise Theatre. Jagged Little Pill. Five Days in July. Fully Completely. Eliminator. Anything from Van Halen. :rock:

That kind of music just doesn't happen enough anymore.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcRhvm5VpKA

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:26 pm

You aren’t weird Strutz or I’m weird too. I have lots of cds. There are some albums that need to be listened to as an album. I a CD player in the kitchen. Kitchen work always goes better with music. I have problems getting my radio station in the house these days intermittent interference so I’ve been playing cds. I’ve even picked up some weird collect albums at thrift stores for weird trips down memory lane.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:13 pm

housewife housewife:
You aren’t weird Strutz or I’m weird too. I have lots of cds. There are some albums that need to be listened to as an album. I a CD player in the kitchen. Kitchen work always goes better with music. I have problems getting my radio station in the house these days intermittent interference so I’ve been playing cds. I’ve even picked up some weird collect albums at thrift stores for weird trips down memory lane.

I prefer to listen to a great tune line-up when I do housestuff, rather than the TV on as a backdrop.

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
You aren't weird. I've never streamed, but I have downloaded. I've had a couple iPods, and that was one way to fill them with music. But mostly I ripped my own CDs and LPs, and stuffed them on the iPod. Even a few cassettes.

I've never owned an iPod, or MP3 player. Hell, I never even had a sony walkman back when everybody had one in the 80's. I had music that I uploaded onto my previous cellphone but could never find any earbuds that were comfortable enough, plus I sort of didn't like tuning out my surroundings. When I had to replace my cellphone several years ago I just haven't bothered with music on it.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:22 am

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
You aren't weird. I've never streamed, but I have downloaded. I've had a couple iPods, and that was one way to fill them with music. But mostly I ripped my own CDs and LPs, and stuffed them on the iPod. Even a few cassettes.

I've never owned an iPod, or MP3 player. Hell, I never even had a sony walkman back when everybody had one in the 80's. I had music that I uploaded onto my previous cellphone but could never find any earbuds that were comfortable enough, plus I sort of didn't like tuning out my surroundings. When I had to replace my cellphone several years ago I just haven't bothered with music on it.

When I digitized most of my collection, I made it all MP3s first, then did it again as .FLAC, which has a much better sound. I put them on thumbdrives, make playlists and use them in my car and truck. Very handy on my recent trip tot he mountains. Throw on "Highway Tunes" playlist, and just jam. :rock:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:08 am

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=HAQQU ... RTmG7a56sY

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:23 am

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=q9qh0 ... RTmG7a56sY

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuM8eQNPTOs

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bPYEk_FGr0

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:29 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfL0y3zyfc

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcL-Vdn ... v5&index=3

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhgVu2l ... M&index=21

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11267 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 702  703  704  705  706  707  708 ... 752  Next