CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Forum rules

This is a NDP Party forum meant for like-minded discussion, if you want to flame or debate in open, please use the main Canadian Politics forum.

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 am

In reference to Israel's right to fight Lebanon. You are essentially correct in the assertation that Lebanon did little to provoke Israel, in comparison with other things. They kidnapped Israeli soldiers, which Israel proclaimed an act of war. They had every right to do so, and gave quite a bit of time for the soldiers to be returned. The Lebanese government had, and still has, little to no control over Southern Lebanon, and as such, Israel invaded.

The invasion was not so much against Lebanon, but against all extremist Arab states calling for Israel's destruction. There were missiles being fired by Hezbollah that were supplied by Iran and Syria. The conflict was not so much Lebanese-Israeli, but Terrorism-Democracy.

Frankly, your view of the Free Trade agreement is self serving at best for a reason to attack the Conservatives. Every major party (including the Liberals and the NDP) have endorsed NAFTA. A party that runs on walking away from the deal is a party bent on political suicide. Canadians know how many thousands of jobs it provides for them. They know that we are the main beneficiaries of this FTA.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:36 am

$1:
Quote:
Knives are used for eating. They are needed. They have a good reason other then a game. And drugs ARE illegal. And they do get a record for it, I believe, if "busted".
Guns are needed too. I think it should be right to bear arms in Canada too.

Kives are used for eating thus they are needed???? the logic realy does not follow considering you truthfully can "cut" any product with a fork once its been cooked and or thawed out. Yet to follow you logic guns are used to hunt food that people thus they are needed. Guns have good reasons for being kept by law abideing citizens. I suspect 85-90% of criminals if knowing if the house they have targeted is owned by a gun owner they would move on to the next house.

Ok tricks theres no place in your constitution/charter or what ever that does not give pervision for gun ownership. If so how is it legal to own a gun in Canada? Not being a smart ass just realy trying to figure it out. Is it under some sort of hunting permit law that allows people to own guns?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:15 am

stratos stratos:
Ok tricks theres no place in your constitution/charter or what ever that does not give pervision for gun ownership. If so how is it legal to own a gun in Canada? Not being a smart ass just realy trying to figure it out. Is it under some sort of hunting permit law that allows people to own guns?
We have to get a liscence. (I totally spelt that wrong)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:49 am

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Uh yah.

How so? 8 soldiers? Shouldn't Canada be attacking the US for all those "friendly fire" incidents then?
$1:

:|?
$1:

Accidents like that are an unfortunate posibility in combat zones. Accidents also occur when training to prevent those accidents.No complaint is necessary. The Americans are hardly "celebrating the kill."

Our troops, too, make mistakes. If they are NOT accidents (ie. deliberate) it is treated very seriously.

I understand the outrage but we must do what for many is impossible: understand something that they have never experienced and leave it to the professionals to command it.

Many won't hesitate to make declarative assertions that someone is wrong, matching their own amateur opinion against someone who specializes in the matter - and is fool enough to bet on his opinion. :lol:

Now excuse me I'm going to take my pancreas out. I read an article on it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:50 am

as in a hunting type or a liscences to carry?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:25 am

stratos stratos:
as in a hunting type or a liscences to carry?
Liscence to own one. Period. The registry is redundant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:28 am

yep if you get the Liscences then why register, the liscense is your registration. Thanks what you've told me clears up the issue a bit in my mind.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:02 am

license

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:22 am

Ah there we are hehe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:32 am

rotfl yeah finaly after were done we get the proper spelling

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:23 am

Wow it's been a long time since I've been here.

I'm thinking about making a thread to debate the need for the party to moderate. On the lines of the British Labour party to gain success in the federal elections. I guess you could say I'm on the centre right of the party. I support Layton but I think the Federal party is going a little too far left.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:21 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

I don't know which one's more crazy... Layton or Harper...
Could you give me some reasons why you don't like Harper?

Pretty much everything except military-wise. :lol:

He's going to sell Canada to the US.
Just as I thought, you have nothing. You're just jumping on the bandwagon.

His views are so Bush-like, it's creepy. Israel's actions were good my ass. Guns are safe my ass. Let's give America the 5 Billion they owe us, eh? No seriously, fuck anyone who is part of the party that started Free Trade with the US.

And dude, what about the taxes? Wtf happened to that?
You are so far off it's not even funny. First of all, Israel has a right to protect itself, he simply agreed with that. Guns are safe? Well they're as safe as the person that uses it. Steven Harper understands that the gun registry is a useless piece of toilet paper. The recent shooting in Montreal is a prime example of that. I guess this five billion you're talking about is the softwood tariff? Which 4 billion of that we are getting back, it's not perfect but it's better than what we've been living with for the past ten years. And just to clarify this Conservative party is not the Progressive Conservatives that signed the free trade agreement. You'd do well to open your mind and stop listening so much to the Harper haters.
$1:
And just to clarify this Conservative party is not the Progressive Conservatives that signed the free trade agreement.
Reform party comes to mind as my first thought on them.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:04 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Israel protected itself? Did Lebonon start that war?

Haven't you heard? Sitting on a hill and taking pot shots at Isreal has become a National sport for Lebanon. The league is doing so well, that Syria has sponsored some of the athletes by providing them with additional ....er......equipment. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:25 am

Hello. A card carrying member of the NDP. I enjoyed last year where I was finally able to vote and my NDP member won.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:47 pm

I still think the NDP is the right choice and I wish they were the main official opposition . Who do you think should be at the helm?