CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Forum rules

This is a NDP Party forum meant for like-minded discussion, if you want to flame or debate in open, please use the main Canadian Politics forum.

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:17 pm

[web]http://skcaucus.com/npdname.html[/web]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:25 pm

So that's where Maggie's been... probably been submitting entries 24/7.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:32 pm

Some wag in Sask put up a sign for No Damned Pavement

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:08 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
So that's where Maggie's been... probably been submitting entries 24/7.

Maggie was banned for good along with cagerattler.

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls......

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:20 pm

$1:
just rename it "the Canadian Branch of the Taliban"

:roll:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:21 pm

This came out of the Batoche constitutency. They are really pissed that the liberals and conservatives combined to form the Sasktatchewan Party and want Saskatchewan in their name too. (no joke)

Here are some more of the resolution for the ruling party to consider:

At least two resolutions call for the government to set actual targets for greenhouse gas reductions.

One calls for the government to meet the targets set out in the Kyoto protocol.

One one calling for support from the government for communities that want to set up safe injection sites for drug users.

Resolution calling for the provincial NDP to affirm its support for the federal party's stance on Afghanistan,

Call for a new children's dental program

Call for the government to rescind Weyerhaeuser's timber rights because of its mill closures

And the best.....

.....wait for it........Proposal for the government to look at starting a new Crown corporation to provide rail transportation of bulk commodities.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Thanks Saskatchewan left wingers for forcing out your productive people so they can help build Alberta. Looks like these proposals should be good for at least 50-75,000 more.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:25 pm

meaden24 meaden24:
just rename it "the Canadian Branch of the Taliban"

these types of comments are not wanted nor are they allowed in the "party" forums.

I guess the question I am wondering is why they are unhappy with the name? And what would the new name be? do they want to change it back to CFF?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:32 pm

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
This came out of the Batoche constitutency. They are really pissed that the liberals and conservatives combined to form the Sasktatchewan Party and want Saskatchewan in their name too. (no joke)

How could they possibly combine? Are they both so desperate that they've taken leave of reality?
Have you got any backgrouind links for this?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:35 pm

Linkeroo

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:43 pm

But I think it is a coalition party of disenfranschised members and was not a merger. That would be the Progressive Conservatives.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:56 pm

....wait for it........Proposal for the government to look at starting a new Crown corporation to provide rail transportation of bulk commodities.

Wouldn't this give sask the opportunity to do something with the PST or least find more funds for programs because transport of goods here is horrible and contributes to people leaving for Alberta . Gas and Oil is only going on the up and up in Sask and since the revenues from it are going to fall into federal hands holding sask at bay is ignorant and one way or another why shouldn't money come back this way ? Maybe the NDP should create tariffs to block east west movement of goods and get patheticly rich from it over night :wink: and to take it one step further ...make a deal with the US to develop the large gas and oil reserves to defend sask against Ottawa which would quickly kill Albertas economy :lol: :P

Really I don't know what I'm talking about but it sounds pretty damn good doesn't it :lol:

Last edited by Banff on Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:59 pm

Because government can't do a single thing better then the private sector. SK is full of 'crown corporations' that have done nothing but stagnate their economy and consume taxes.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:06 am

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
Because government can't do a single thing better then the private sector. SK is full of 'crown corporations' that have done nothing but stagnate their economy and consume taxes.

Are you comparing the mess to Albertas lucky financial success or the larger picture "Canada"

The Crown corp insurance rates here are much better than Alberta which is nothing more than a free for all for private insurance company profits or Alberta has very bad drivers . Having lived in both provinces I really see the difference in cost of living . Alberta is a nightmare but finding a way to move goods cheaper is an area which may not exactly be an issue Ottawa can hide from . It is not just a problem for sask . It's always been an issue for the entire country . The superhighways which the US proposes is not a dead issue although like most Canadians I am very uncomfortable with the concept . Maybe to the point that I'll never be able to warm up to the idea but is another reason why Ottawa can't ignore it .

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:29 am

Alberta's luck is that it is populated with Conservatives.

Saskatchewan was the richest jurisidiction on Earth (per capita) in the last half of the 19th century and had the third largest population in Canada. Today its resources of energy, potash and uranium just to name a few should make it an economic marvel.

Why aren't they?

It is too late for me to detail but in a nutshell, SK is still sufferring PTSD from the Depression and as a result is suspicious of any private business and/or people with initiative outside of a collective and feels that the government must be involved at every level with apporpriate union representation.

AB by contrast was heavily influenced by American immigration and the anti-government sentiment these ranchers and businessmen brought flourished in an environment populated by expatriate adventuresome Easterners and immigrants who had recently escaped Kings and punitive taxes.

Sasks population has stayed the same over the past 110 odd years and now Edmonton has more people then the enitre province. I heard recently that Calgary has over 250,000 people from Saskatchewan living there and Edmonton has a similar number. Either of these groups in one place in Sask would be the largest city.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:33 am

Getting back to the issue at hand I think it might be in Sasks. best interest to change the name of the party to something which would challenge the issue of sovereignty ....
or just go with the Green Party :lol: