CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:46 pm

Much ado about nothing.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:51 pm

$1:

So where was security in that section. That went on for sometime and had the potential of escalating into violence. Some or all of these idiots should have been tossed out.

For singing? It looked like it was all in good fun but a bit rude though. Also if security went in and tried to throw them out that would just escalate things more. If they started hitting them however then I could see them taken out. But from this view you probably wouldn't have even noticed it. This stuff happens at lots of games though you should see what some of the B.C. lions fans say to other people who cheer for other teams. It makes this video nothing compared to what I have seen and heard.

$1:
I can only think that the security guards either got a laugh out of it, or thought the two were part of the group and it was "all in good natured fun".

Maybe they were not there at all or never saw what happened?

$1:
Would not have happened on my watch. If I had heard that my guards stood by and did nothing. I would have wanted to know why.

You try to control and monitor every incident in a crowd of thousands. But I would agree with you on one thing if I saw this happening I would have stopped it.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:59 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
For singing? It looked like it was all in good fun but a bit rude though.

"A bit rude" is an understatement if I ever saw one.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:00 pm

$1:

I have seen worse. Singing a gay song to YMCA isn't that bad.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:14 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
camerontech camerontech:
they weren't calling them homosexuals, they were calling them gay.

I know it's hard for some people to understand but THEY'RE NOT THE SAME THING.

I call my laptop gay when it freezes, I called my friggin chainsaw gay today when it wouldn't start.

get over it

That's so gay! :roll:

(sarcasm - this is about how the teenagers say this around here lately. And, yes, it has nothing to do with gender orientation)
The definition of Gay to the Teenage world:

1. Odd
2. Screwing up, disrupting
3. Silly insult

So how does the expressions used by "The Gay, Lesbian & Trans-gender" community fit in to your definition? I guess those that show up to any "Gay Pride" events have it all wrong.
I didn't claim I supported this definition. I merely listed fact, that it was how teenagers tend to use the word 'gay'.

But please note the bolded text.

Last edited by Mr_Canada old on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:16 pm

JetBoy JetBoy:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
1. Odd
2. Screwing up, disrupting
3. Silly insult

And do you know why that is? Homophobia is rampant in schools. Gays are thought of as odd disrupting screw-ups with something wrong with them. Gay has become an insult because it's the worse thing -- at least they think -- to call someone or something they don't like. And it stuck.

Imagine calling something you dislike "negro" or "oriental."
Yep, I completely agree. Kids today are growing up liek this because their parents said the same type of shit.

Uh... Teens around here don't use "Negro".... They actually is "Nigger" and "Wigger".

The Teenage World is a racist intolerant hellhole version of society.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:21 pm

Clog I am speaking from experience here. This is what I do for a living. Yes I do try to keep aware with what is happening at an event. I have coverage in as many places as possible and communication everywhere.

In the end you even agree that this should have been stopped before things get out of hand. I just wonder how you would do it without making the problem escalate. I know what needs to be done, when and how, through all the years I have worked security. Yes I have handled everything from Sports Events to Metal Bands.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Wow. Who ever would have got the idea that the YMCA song would be a funny gay song:

This isn't news, it's info-tainment. It's also not "homophobia" either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:32 pm

JetBoy JetBoy:
Clogeroo Clogeroo:
For singing? It looked like it was all in good fun but a bit rude though.

Ya I'm with you on this one. They were humiliating those two and it wasn't right. Bullying is not "all in good fun"

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:33 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Wow. Who ever would have got the idea that the YMCA song would be a funny gay song:

This isn't news, it's info-tainment. It's also not "homophobia" either.

BTW They played The Ottawa Bluesfest this year. Since you are such a fan 'rain ya should have been there. Don't believe they did that version though.

Your right it is not Homophobia. It is pure out right hate. Next step Gay Bashing. It was a Psychological Bashing

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:50 pm

Drunk teens acting badly at a sports event. Well, this is a first.

Ok. it was bullying and went beyond good fun but tell me the same thing never happens to foreign fans at hockey team home games? Is this a story because they were louts acting badly or because they just happened to be American louts who acted badly?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Those of you that say this is no big deal go back and view the Vid again. Put yourself in the picture. Not in the crowd or as one of the ones taunting, but right in the center of it all. As the guys in the middle of eight to twelve big guys shouting (or singing) at you. Hmmm,...how would you feel,....a little tense? Now add the crowd, laughing not saying anything, and no one to back you up if you talk back or worse react back. Now how do you feel? More than a little scared?

Wouldn't you want to see someone, anyone, maybe a security guard or cop?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Anyone know if the two guys being taunted were actually gay?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:56 pm

Would it matter?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:57 pm

Streaker Streaker:
Anyone know if the two guys being taunted were actually gay?
What difference would it make? It is worse if they were but this is a regular thing with these guys. It is bound to go bad someday if it hasn't already. I just hope someone gets that on video. It would stand up better in court when charges are brought up.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 16  Next