CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:57 am

That is just sick...If I would have been there I would have sang back to them WHy do you care? I mean get a life...they are kids and they are human just like everyone else...what a bunch of morons....I think they should be banned from the stadium. Imagine....being proud of their song...get a life ppl!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Ripcat Ripcat:
Much ado about nothing.

Well Rip we finally agree on something, most everyone here needs to get away from the computer once in awhile and take in a sporting event. Maybe go to Boston and try wearing a Yankee's jeresy and see how there crowd treats you. 99% of the time it ends with nothing more than a pat on the back and a shake of hands after everything is said and done. If you want to go into the other teams barn and cheer for your team, expect to get harrassed. If you don't want to put up with it stay home and watch the game on TV. This has been going on between Yankee and Red Socks fans longer than any of you have been alive so relax.
You're making a lot of assumptions there. We didn't see these two do anything, let alone cheer for their team. I know, let's conduct an experiment, if you have small children let's sit them down in the middle of this pack of bullies and see how long you put up with it.

And if i was a long time Yankee fan, i would know not to take my kids there, I'd take them to the family zone, but that's where I would want to be if I was going by myself. It's tradition. Like i said you have to know the history of these 2 teams. If i flew to NY to catch a RS / Yank game i'd be disappointed if i didn't see that happen, with me knowing the rivalry i would expect it, it'all part of the game. Crowd works as hard as the team does for a win. You know those thing usually end with a couple beer bought for the abused and an invitation to the next game.
Nope sorry, nothing makes what I saw in that video right.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:14 am

Well, I saw one thing right in this video and that was the two young fellows being picked on sat passively as the rest of the crowd made asses of themselves. Kudos to these two young men. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:18 am

Crowd works as hard as the team does for a win.
Bullshit - how was that indicative of "working hard for a win?" The players aren't in the stands insulting patrons, they're out on the field playing baseball.

That being said, there's no reason to believe this is an instance of homophobia - it's just a childish song.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:26 am

This is disgusting. Not only the fact they sang that song, but the way they did it too. The amount of people participating makes me sick, and the fact that (at least in the video) no body stood up for the boys says more then enough about society these days.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:26 am

they're just saying they are gay for being sox fans.

the way they did it wa wrong, but who hasn't said you are gay for liking something?

you can't take everything literally.

get over it people.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:29 am

CrazyCanuck007 CrazyCanuck007:
get over it people.
Lightheartedly calling someone 'gay' over their preference in teams is one thing - standing around them in a mob and repeatedly shouting abuses is another.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:02 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Crowd works as hard as the team does for a win.
Bullshit - how was that indicative of "working hard for a win?" The players aren't in the stands insulting patrons, they're out on the field playing baseball.

That being said, there's no reason to believe this is an instance of homophobia - it's just a childish song.

The fans are trying to help there team win, have you ever heard of the 7th player in hockey or the 13th man in the CFL? Yankee fans don't want RS fans in their building and RS fans don't want Yankee fans in theirs. I wish we had the same shit out here for those coming out of the closet Leaf fans that come out once or twice a year when toronto makes it's western road trips. That would add some emotion to the buildings on those cold winter nights :lol: It's all done in fun, so if you don't want to be picked out of the crowd then just sit there quietly and enjoy the game.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:12 am

Brenda Brenda:
This is disgusting. Not only the fact they sang that song, but the way they did it too. The amount of people participating makes me sick, and the fact that (at least in the video) no body stood up for the boys says more then enough about society these days.

Hey Brenda i believe your not much into sports so i bet youv'e never seen this. The greatest of all acts of intimidation. i'm not sure what their saying but i bet their not asking why are you gay lol.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9472240677

Now all you people that want to save the world need to do it on another thread, cause you ain't going to do it on this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:43 am

Ya know Alta, this is behaviour that gives us here riots. It is one of the reasons I don't take my kids to games. I thought sports was supposed to be fun, not to bash two guys. If these guys were a bit older, and maybe a bit tougher, they would have started to beat some guys, and there you are...

Oh, I can't watch yur video. It says it is not available ;-)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:13 am

The fans are trying to help there team win, have you ever heard of the 7th player in hockey or the 13th man in the CFL?
Again, insulting other patrons isn't helping anyone. Their focus should be on the game, not on the fans, if they were truly there to show support.

Then again, it is baseball - arguing with the fans sitting in the row behind you is probably more interesting than watching the actual game.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:29 am

Brenda Brenda:
Ya know Alta, this is behaviour that gives us here riots. It is one of the reasons I don't take my kids to games. I thought sports was supposed to be fun, not to bash two guys. If these guys were a bit older, and maybe a bit tougher, they would have started to beat some guys, and there you are...

Oh, I can't watch yur video. It says it is not available ;-)

Ok maybe you don't have google video player installed, thought of that after i posted it, this should work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cle20lQg0Qs

I wouldn't go to European Soccer game for the same reason, and the fact I think it's boring, but that been done in another thread. I just think that proves that hardcore fans here don't take these kind of acts seriously, and non sports fans shouldn't take it seriously either. Sure there's fights but it's usually caused by some drunk dropping a beer on the person in front of them. And at that point it don't matter who's cheering for who, someone's going to get there ass kicked.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:34 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
[Then again, it is baseball - arguing with the fans sitting in the row behind you is probably more interesting than watching the actual game.

I can't argue with that :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:34 am

This video has nothing to do with the "homophobia"theme of the topic though... First of all, that is Maori's going to war with their oponents (which is the intention of Rugby...) and second, it is not a group of so called fans bashing some guys who are just sitting there doing nothing.

I don't say the action of the bashing guys were homophobic, I just say I find it disgusting.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:45 am

Brenda Brenda:
This video has nothing to do with the "homophobia"theme of the topic though... First of all, that is Maori's going to war with their oponents (which is the intention of Rugby...) and second, it is not a group of so called fans bashing some guys who are just sitting there doing nothing.

I don't say the action of the bashing guys were homophobic, I just say I find it disgusting.

I don't know why i get smacked about the head when i say this, but my favorite saying is, " when it comes to sports, that why women should stay in the kitchen and bake cookies for the men watching it "

Man i'm brave when there's 4000 miles of water between us hey :lol:

Enjoy the rest of the day Brenda, i'm off to do the same.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 16  Next