bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
bootlegga bootlegga:

This image is part of a much bigger conspiracy that includes the UN, black helicopters, Area 51, aliens and the Bermuda Triangle. :wink:

Don't forget that secret U.N. army composed of Central American Commies hidden in Saskatchewan that're going to go door-to-door takin' their GUNS away!

Yep, showed up at MY door last week, but I told them I would sick my fiddle dog on them. Boy can them prog commie bastards run.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:25 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Yep, showed up at MY door last week, but I told them I would sick my fiddle dog on them. Boy can them prog commie bastards run.

Why do you idiots keep calling me to your little seasonal sessions of nuttiness.

Yes glaciers melt. They melt and they grow. Overall they've been gradually melting for about 8,000 years. They used to stretch all the way down to Kansas from the Arctic.

And every year when the alarmosphere runs out of scary stories to tell you little proggies when you're all snuggled warm in your beds they roll a story out on the melt of some little mountain glacier. Apparently it's supposed to prove something. This one on the Athabasca glacier may have been annual since an Inconvenient Truth.

Often the stories are untrue (Himalayas), sometimes the snow embarrasses them by refusing to let predictions come true (Kilamanjaro), sometimes the claims are not born out by the complexities of the facts Mount Adams

None of this you geniuses will know anything about, because you only know what some rag like the Red Star tells you when it rolls out its annual "Oh My God a glacier is melting. We're all gonna die" story.

And how is this my personal problem anyway? Stop calling me to these tired old idiot threads on worn out subjects. Call me when you've got something fresh and interesting (like that's possible).

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue May 27, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Why do you idiots keep calling me to your little seasonal sessions of nuttiness.

Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse!

... and there's N_Fiddledog.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:32 pm

Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse! Betelgeuse!

... and there's N_Fiddledog.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:35 pm

You know you're nuts right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:37 pm

SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:39 pm

See what I mean? Why am I so important to you, you always have to make it personal?

I don't want to hurt your feeling, but go away. I've got an ol' lady.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:40 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
fifeboy fifeboy:

Yes glaciers melt. They melt and they grow. Overall they've been gradually melting for about 8,000 years. They used to stretch all the way down to Kansas from the Arctic.

And every year when the alarmosphere runs out of scary stories to tell you little proggies when you're all snuggled warm in your beds they roll a story out on the melt of some little mountain glacier. Apparently it's supposed to prove something. This one on the Athabasca glacier may have been annual since an Inconvenient Truth.

Often the stories are untrue (Himalayas), sometimes the snow embarrasses them by refusing to let predictions come true (Kilamanjaro), sometimes the claims are not born out by the complexities of the facts Mount Adams

None of this you geniuses will know anything about, because you only know what some rag like the Red Star tells you when it rolls out its annual "Oh My God a glacier is melting. We're all gonna die" story.

And how is this my personal problem anyway? Stop calling me to these tired old idiot threads on worn out subjects. Call me when you've got something fresh and interesting (like that's possible).

Oh, my mistake, I was supposed to say "my fuckin dog! Musta been a typo, I apologize. And yes the glacier is melting . Was there with my kids in the early '80's and then again three years (or was it four) with my granddaughter . It's melted, quite a bit! Why I don't know. I m sure you know why.

Oh, and by the way, I thought an idiot was someone with an IQ of 30 or so . I can assure you mine is over 30 and under 175. :P

And for "something fresh and interesting" my wife baked muffins today.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:19 pm

Lots of super-interesting stuff going on with the weather. We are technically supposed to be at the 11-year solar maximum but it is the weakest one in a century. We also entered the ~30 year cooling cycle of the Pacific Decadal Oscillation in around 2001. On the other end, we have an El Nino developing this year for the first time in a few years. That will bring rain to the west (US and Canada) and drought to Australia, and warmer temperatures all around.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:17 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

Probably for the same reasons you post the same right wing hate over and over... :wink:

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

The fact that millions of people in Canada depend on the meltwater from glaciers in the Rockies is why this is important. Even more depend on glacial meltwater in the US, Asia, Europe and any other continent where they still exist.

And the problem is exacerbated as populations grow - 100 years ago, there were probably only 1 million people on the Prairies, now it's somewhere around 8 million.

You better hope your children don't live downstream from any of these melting glaciers, because their lives may be considerably more difficult due to this.

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

It's everyone's problem actually, but if you don't want to be included, fair enough. Stop posting your right wing hate and we'll stop talking to you about this! :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 am

Time for a mega project to preserve the Tourist Trap. We should put our Ice Rink technology to work and refrigerate it! We can hold annual Hockey Classics on the glacier to help with maintenance costs.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:00 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Time for a mega project to preserve the Tourist Trap. We should put our Ice Rink technology to work and refrigerate it! We can hold annual Hockey Classics on the glacier to help with maintenance costs.

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:26 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
bootlegga bootlegga:

This image is part of a much bigger conspiracy that includes the UN, black helicopters, Area 51, aliens and the Bermuda Triangle. :wink:

Don't forget that secret U.N. army composed of Central American Commies hidden in Saskatchewan that're going to go door-to-door takin' their GUNS away!

I personally think the Russians have come in the night and used blow torches to melt the ice so people in the West will freak out and not pay attention to them moving in on the north pole.

Either that or the space aliens ran out of ice for their cocktails. [BB]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:36 pm

sandorski sandorski:

I know it's not really the same thing, but BC approved a year round ski resort in 2012;

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.1180280

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 12:53 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
sandorski sandorski:

I know it's not really the same thing, but BC approved a year round ski resort in 2012;

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.1180280

Finally! That thing has been on the books forever. Glad to see the guy finally managed to push it through. That's tenacity for you. just in time for the glacier to melt. ha ha ha