bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:52 am

Neil de Grasse Tyson is a good guy for mainstreaming basic science to children, and adding pretend authority to Regressives' gobbeldygook hypotheses on their cable TV shows.

But as far as credibility in the history of science goes he's no Freeman Dyson.

$1:
Freeman Dyson is a physicist who has been teaching at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton since Albert Einstein was there. When Einstein died in 1955, there was an opening for the title of "most brilliant physicist on the planet." Dyson has filled it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:22 pm

I didn't bite at your gun-control bait and switch 2 posts ago, so why would I bite on this one? Keep dodging, dodgy Dodger.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
I didn't bite at your gun-control bait and switch 2 posts ago,

Haven't figured out the smilie thing yet then, have you? Not to worry. Internetz is hard. You'll figure it out some day.

$1:
so why would I bite on this one? Keep dodging, dodgy Dodger.

Yeah I noticed somebody taught you guys a new word awhile ago. So cute. "Dodge" is that what all the cool prog kids are saying now. (Yes please, show me another prog music vid. I liked those last guys, even if the main guy did sing like a girl :wink: )

Here's another term you guys can add to your lexicon of redefined terms to use incorrectly in the future - Appeal to Authority.

Google describes it this way:

$1:
An Appeal to Authority is a fallacy with the following form: Person A is (claimed to be) an authority on subject S. Person A makes claim C about subject S. Therefore, C is true.

For example you produce a baseless argument from the Cable TV program Real Time, but we are to believe it's true because a fellow you would like to represent as authority said it.

I counter that by showing you no, he's not an authority in the way that say Freeman Dyson is and Freeman thinks your guy Neal's argument is crap.

That's a debate technique I call 'topping.' Wanna see it again. Produce another bit of fallacious nonsense. I'll show you something real and better again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:55 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
but we are to believe it's true because a fellow you would like to represent as authority said it.

That, coming from you, is hands-down the funniest thing ever posted on CKA. Ever.

ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:46 pm

I don't know. You claiming to be a Libertarian had some of us rolling in the aisles. :wink:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:54 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I don't know. You claiming to be a Libertarian had some of us rolling in the aisles. :wink:

x2. 8)