Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Far too young to be informed enough for this life-changing decision, far too young to consent to it, far too young to understand the repercussions.

Truly a messed up incident.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:13 am

Canadian_Mind Canadian_Mind:
I think the ultimate goal is to allow people to transition back and fourth as they wish.

Boy till 4, girl till 12, boy till 16, girl till 25, etc.

Conjecture aside, I'm glad we can all agree this is despicable. That said, at what age is it too young?

Well, I don't know what it is now, but in Ontario I believe it used to be under 16. And even then, they would't do the surgery anytime soon. They'd start with the hormone treatments and other small procedures to help you make the adjustment. Then you had to live as woman for a select period of time just to make sure you were serious about it before they'd finally ok gender reassignment surgery.

Four years old OTOH is utterly ridiculous, if not downright criminal. I usually don't complain about being offended by much, but this I find offensive.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:10 am

I'd be shocked, if I hadn't just watched a bit on David Riemer. That said, I totally echo the sediment that Sex Changes at 4 is totally reckless and unethical. I mean how can a 4 year old even identify as transgender? This smacks of the worst of Social Engineering.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:03 am

Real-Life Victims of the Transgender 'Cult'

$1:
More and more parents are stepping out, admitting that their children "identify as transgender" and wanting to do something about it. Schools encourage gender confusion, and doctors reportedly won't even run preliminary tests if a child asks for life-altering "treatment." But before you sign your kids up, listen to the real-life stories of people who deeply regret their "transition."

"I am a real, live 22-year-old woman, with a scarred chest and a broken voice, and five o'clock shadow because I couldn’t face the idea of growing up to be a woman, that’s my reality," admitted Cari Stella in a deeply personal YouTube video. She objected to transgender journalist Julia Serano's insistence on calling her "transgender."

"Gender was done to me, gender was traumatizing to me, I don't want anything to do with it anymore," Stella declared. She admitted that "when I was transitioning, I felt a strong desire — what I would have called a 'need' at the time — to transition," but her transition only hurt her more. "It can be damn hard to figure out that the treatment you're being told is to help you is actually making your mental health worse. Testosterone made me even more dissociated than I already was," she said.

Another de-transitioning woman, Carey Callahan, accused Serano of "erasing" her, by insisting that because people like Callahan had transitioned, they were still transgender. "If self-definition is a human right, I don't know how much louder we can shout to the world we're not trans," Callahan said. "And for me, if you say that I'm on the transgender spectrum, what you're doing is you're erasing everything I'm telling you about my life and my story."

"I had trauma that led to me disassociating from my female body, and ... the longer I chased that disassociation — the more I asked people to call me special pronouns, the more I tried to change my body, the more I ensconced myself in a community that would affirm a trans identity, the worse I felt, Callahan admitted.

She argued that Serano's insistence that people like her are still transgender is unfair and dishonest. "It's a central story in my life, and you're erasing it to make me fit into your ideology." Callahan added, "Your set of ideas of how the world works is not worth acting like I don't exist, or acting like you get to define my gender for me. No, that's not how that works. I'm a real person, and you have to deal with my existence."

Callahan attacked Serano's suggestion that people who de-transition are driven by transphobia and that they are somehow made up by conservatives. "I am not conservative. I have always voted Democrat except for the time I voted for Nader."

"I'm not trans. Transphobia was not the context when I de-transitioned," Callahan declared. "It sucks to be an inconvenient person, but it's very instructive to see how willing people on the left are to act like inconvenient people don't exist." Chillingly, she concluded, "watching how the left accepts shutting down critical thought on these matters has creeped me out."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:05 am

Journal: Transgenderism ‘Not Supported By Scientific Evidence’

$1:
Although popular culture and many of the leading media organizations have bought wholeheartedly into the idea that gender identity is something distinct from one’s biological sex — that a man could be born in a woman’s body or vice versa — such beliefs have no grounding in any credible scientific evidence, according to a report published Monday in the journal The New Atlantis.

Arizona State University professor of statistics and biostatistics Lawrence S. Mayer and John Hopkins University Medical School professor of psychiatrics Paul McHugh co-authored the report, which examined top peer-reviewed studies in the biological, psychological, and social sciences.

“Examining research from the biological, psychological, and social sciences, this report shows that some of the most frequently heard claims about sexuality and gender are not supported by scientific evidence,” they noted.

Among the key findings listed by the authors was that, “The hypothesis that gender identity is an innate, fixed property of human beings that is independent of biological sex — that a person might be ‘a man trapped in a woman’s body’ or ‘a woman trapped in a man’s body’ — is not supported by scientific evidence.”

“Children are a special case when addressing transgender issues. Only a minority of children who experience cross-gender identification will continue to do so into adolescence or adulthood,” the authors continued...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:09 am

Agreed... R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:12 am

Yep. Just let em be how they want to be. Charlize Theron apparently caught shit because she allowed her young son to wear a dress. That's the other side of this debate - people who want to enforce rigid gender stereotypes and shame anybody who doesn't fit into them.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:20 am

andyt andyt:
Yep. Just let em be how they want to be. Charlize Theron apparently caught shit because she allowed her young son to wear a dress. That's the other side of this debate - people who want to enforce rigid gender stereotypes and shame anybody who doesn't fit into them.

Allowing your son to wear dress for whatever reason is different than this sex change transition.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:21 am

Sure, but the haters were all over her for letting him do it. It's the other side of this coin.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:52 am

andyt andyt:
Sure, but the haters were all over her for letting him do it. It's the other side of this coin.

You mean the folks who think she's trying to convert her son into a certain lifestyle.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:54 am

I mean folks who rigidly try to enforce gender stereotypes and try to shame people who fall outside them.

What lifestyle his Charlize trying to convert her son to? Transvestism?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:57 am

andyt andyt:
I mean folks who rigidly try to enforce gender stereotypes and try to shame people who fall outside them.

What lifestyle his Charlize trying to convert her son to? Transvestism?

Isn't that usually the same people who went ape shit over what Charlize Theron did?