canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:30 pm

BRAH BRAH:
A coworker from Ireland had to literally jump through hoops to get to Canada and she might not get her work permit renewed next year being deported back. So her only option is to fly into the United States illegally cross the border into Canada and after that it's a free ride.

Another example of deliberately trying to confuse refugees with economic immigrants: exactly what was called “fearmongering and not Canadian”

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

If they feel they are in danger in the US, then why shouldn't we consider their appeal?

I feel like I am in danger in the U.S. Do I get to crash the party and claim asylum? Seriously its like the OK Corral around here on a daily basis. Shootouts, helicopters with searchlights hovering overhead at all hours, etc. Seriously this video was shot just the other day a few blocks from where I work.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:24 pm

housewife housewife:
I still want answers to all the practical questions. Number one where are we going to put them? It’s not like we don’t already have a problem with affordable housing or anything.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ottawacitiz ... ousing/amp

The colleges are going to be needing the dorms back. And then what?

Let's not forget the massive amount of repair that these units will need. I guarantee you some of those units will be disgusting.

This is a 170+ million dollar problem for Ontario and the Feds have offered up 11 million that hasn't even been sent yet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:37 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
BRAH BRAH:
A coworker from Ireland had to literally jump through hoops to get to Canada and she might not get her work permit renewed next year being deported back. So her only option is to fly into the United States illegally cross the border into Canada and after that it's a free ride.

Another example of deliberately trying to confuse refugees with economic immigrants: exactly what was called “fearmongering and not Canadian”

No Beave:

again.

Trudopian Immigration Minister, Ahmed Hussen's remarks accusing an Ontario cabinet minister of fear-mongering and being un-Canadian spins out of an interchange that starts here:

$1:
MacLeod said Ontario is in dire need of assistance from the federal government as it tackles expenses associated with handling refugees and asylum seekers.

She said Toronto and Ottawa have requested $75 million and $11 million respectively, while the province of Ontario has incurred costs of $90 million in support services for refugee claimants who crossed the border illegally and sought asylum.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4331043/onta ... a-macleod/

Did you catch that last bit? It's illegal border jumpers they're talking about. The ones using the "safe 3rd country" exploit to scam their way in by claiming to be asylum seekers. I doubt even Hussen actually believes they're anything like an actual refugees though. You'd have to be pretty thick to conflate border jumpers from a safe country like America with for real, refugees. Brah didn't. You might have though.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:47 pm

If they’re not asylum seekers then their determination hearing will determine that and they’ll be denied. It’s that simple.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:08 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
If they’re not asylum seekers then their determination hearing will determine that and they’ll be denied. It’s that simple.

Oh so now you want to call a percentage of them "asylum seekers" do you.

Very well. Your original accusation was that anybody critiquing this mess was "trying to confuse refugees with economic immigrants" though.

Whatever...let's move ahead to what we're saying now, then. I call them border jumpers, you call at least some of them asylum seekers and I assume you still accuse Brah of thinking of them as economic migrants.

I think we all might be a little correct (mostly me, of course. :wink: ) but none of us is saying "refugee" now. Did you notice that? Have you figured out why, yet? I have a theory. It's because they're not refugees. Never were. As I said before, you were wrong.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:24 pm

Now as far as the determination hearings go, that's interesting.

Do you know when that will be, Beave? Because you might be the only person in Canada who knows for sure if you do.

As I understand it in 2012 the government promised a rule of some sort that the IRB must hear asylum claims within a specific time frame.

Between that time and now it has taken as long as 2 years. However things have changed for the worse. The backlog is now so long nobody seems to know how long it is going to take.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/refuge ... -1.4543977

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/02/21/cana ... erwhelmed/

So what we have now is a situation where tens of thousands of ever-increasing border-jumping, asylum seekers and economic migrants require Canadian taxpayers to pony up hundreds of millions of dollars to look after them for an undetermined amount of time - with federal and provincial governments arguing over which division of Canadian taxpayer is going to be the unluckiest to buck up the most.

Thank You Ahmed. Thank you Justin.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:59 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

Oh so now you want to call a percentage of them "asylum seekers" do you.

Very well. Your original accusation was that anybody critiquing this mess was "trying to confuse refugees with economic immigrants" though.

Whatever let's move ahead to what we're saying now then I call them border jumpers, you call at least some of them asylum seekers and I assume you still accuse Brah of thinking of them as economic migrants.

I think we all might be a little correct (mostly me, of course. :wink: ) but none of us is saying "refugee" now. Did you notice that? Have you figured out why, yet? I have a theory. It's because they're not refugees. Never were. As I said before, you were wrong.

You have no idea who these people are how would you know if they’re refugees or not?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:48 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
You have no idea who these people are how would you know if they’re refugees or not?

If they are coming from the US, they... aren't.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:04 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
newz newz:
Given that most "asylum" seekers are crossing the border illegally her statement
is false.

the UN Conventions

The un conventions can kindly kiss this Canadian's ass. I am a sovereign Canadian and have never ceded authority to some unelected bureaucracy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:53 pm

Also...

$1:
About those “falling” border crossing numbers

It’s been interesting to watch the Trudeau Liberals claim simultaneously that there is no problem on the border and that they are fixing the problem that they claim does not exist.

That is what has been happening these past few days. Anyone questioning the government on the immigration file holds views that are “not Canadian” according to the minister.

The Liberals have also put on a full court press against using the word illegal even though their own immigration minister said he used the word and was fine with it just a few months ago.

Games being played.

At the same time as all of this is happening, Ahmed Hussen, Trudeau’s immigration minister, is out there saying that there is no problem at the border.

Why?

He fixed it!

Did he? No, not by a long shot.

What the Liberals are touting is that for the second month in a row the number of people crossing the border illegally and being intercepted by the RCMP fell. Media outlets have been dutifully reporting that the numbers fell by half from April to June.

What they don’t tell you is that the numbers are still up year over year.

In June of 2017 a total of 884 people were intercepted by the Mounties. This June it was 1,263, an increase of 43% over last year.

Another reason not to roll out the “mission accomplished” banner just yet is that last July the numbers spiked to over 3,000 and in August to over 5,000.

Cities demand help.

Cities like Toronto and Ottawa in Ontario, Montreal in Quebec, have been asking for the federal government to pay up for the costs they are incurring.

So far the feds are offering little.

On June 1, 2018 Minister Hussen announced that they had set aside $50 million to offset housing, social assistance and other costs. So far, none of that money has been delivered.

Quebec was promised $36 million, Ontario $11 million and Manitoba $3 million. It barely scratches the surface. Ontario’s share is just 6% of what the province said they have spent so far.

The response from Trudeau and Hussen?

They made an announcement that they would fund housing in Toronto. It was a press release with zero details and zero dollars attached.

Trudeau and company are starting to feel the heat of creating a problem and not having a solution or the funds to pay for it. This announcement was desperation.

At the Commons immigration committee on Monday the Trudeau Liberals were at it again. They wanted to claim there was no problem and that they had fixed the problem.

They want to say there is nothing illegal about crossing the border at Roxham Road. To do that requires ignoring the government signs, tweets, documents and statements by Hussen himself.

The Trudeau Liberals seriously do not have a clue on this file, a point Canadians have caught on to.

Let’s see how long they keep up the charade.

http://brianlilley.com/about-those-fall ... g-numbers/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:36 am

rickc rickc:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

If they feel they are in danger in the US, then why shouldn't we consider their appeal?

I feel like I am in danger in the U.S. Do I get to crash the party and claim asylum? Seriously its like the OK Corral around here on a daily basis. Shootouts, helicopters with searchlights hovering overhead at all hours, etc. Seriously this video was shot just the other day a few blocks from where I work.

I recall a board I used to frequent for car enthusiasts. It was mostly US residents, perhaps a half dozen Canadians. It blew my mind when a bunch of threads would appear on the best holster to get to fit a gun between the front seat and center console. There were considerations like ease of access, and draw time. Since our car was based on the same frame as the Crown Vic, there were long debates on installing the Police Cruiser seats that allowed a utility belt with spaces for sidearm, cuffs and club. 8O

That was the biggest indicator I ever had on the social differences between you and us. We never even consider such things! Shootouts, while extremely rare, are usually in bigger cities than here. We have police helicopters, but it's also rare to see or hear them. And why would you ever think of taking a gun with you if you aren't going to the range, or hunting?

Seriously, I think if you are in that much fear for your lives, and unwilling to be the change you see that needs to happen, then by all means, immigrate. I'd welcome you, just the same as someone being persecuted by gangs, or because of their sexual orientation.

Like the saying goes - 'If you die in Canada, you die in real life'. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:39 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
We have police helicopters, but it's also rare to see or hear them.

Maybe I live in the 'hood, but I see Calgary's police helicopter almost every day. Usually circling my neighbourhood.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 am

llama66 llama66:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
We have police helicopters, but it's also rare to see or hear them.

Maybe I live in the 'hood, but I see Calgary's police helicopter almost every day. Usually circling my neighbourhood.

Yup. You live in the 'Hood. ;)

I don't think I've ever seen the police helos, but then I live in the boonies.

I have seen unmarked black helicopters however. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:34 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I have seen unmarked black helicopters however. 8O

That shit is a boonies problem. They wouldn't dare fly over VicPark.