canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=26799" target="_blank">Noel lashes Atlantic Canada with rough weather, but leaves little serious damage</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/14-misc-cdn" target="_blank">Misc CDN</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-11-04 17:43:03
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 pm

The locals around Halifax love to go on endlessly about improving the city.

Start with BURYING THE F%^*&^NG POWER CABLES!!

;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:35 am

Wullu Wullu:
The locals around Halifax love to go on endlessly about improving the city.

Start with BURYING THE F%^*&^NG POWER CABLES!!

;)
R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:41 am

They looked into that for Victoria as well but then you have to look at a service call for a buried line and how much it costs to put them there. The cost just wasn't warrented.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:52 am

The storm didn't hit where I was, in Rothesay, very hard at all. It rained heavily but the winds never came up like they thought.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:52 am

Scape Scape:
They looked into that for Victoria as well but then you have to look at a service call for a buried line and how much it costs to put them there. The cost just wasn't warrented.

NS should start looking into it. With the more frequent tropical storms. Plus the movie companies like that, A the scarlet letter with Demi Moore was filmed in Shelburne, because its power lines are burried.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:13 am

With the dollar near a buck ten Hollywood north is a bust. Even with all the rain from the tropical storms it's the winters that do the real damage. The storms just look bad because it's all at once and you can show it on the news more.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:21 am

-Mario- -Mario-:
Scape Scape:

NS should start looking into it. With the more frequent tropical storms. Plus the movie companies like that, A the scarlet letter with Demi Moore was filmed in Shelburne, because its power lines are burried.

I'm bettin' your wife as a photographer bithches often about wires in her shots. :twisted: :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 am

It seems more logical to me to prune or eliminate the trees that could come down on a power line.
And it gives the tree huggers something to do also.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:23 am

Wada Wada:
-Mario- -Mario-:
Scape Scape:

I'm bettin' your wife as a photographer bithches often about wires in her shots. :twisted: :wink:

Ohhhh Yaaa.

She has an eye like I've never seen one. I'll sugest shoots and she will tell me what is wrong with the background.

How did you guys do??? Any repairs to your home??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:25 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
It seems more logical to me to prune or eliminate the trees that could come down on a power line.

That would be what, every single tree along any street? I'm guessing residents would rather maintain the atmosphere than remove any risk of losing power for a day once in a blue moon.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:32 am

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:

That would be what, every single tree along any street? I'm guessing residents would rather maintain the atmosphere than remove any risk of losing power for a day once in a blue moon.

Its not just a day, sometimes it lasts a week if not longer. But cutting down the trees isn't really a great solution. Because then people would just bitch about there not being any trees. I was watching the news and a big problem was the fact that the leaves were still on many of the trees, which led to them being overtaken by the wind.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:41 am

I have always wondered... Why are powerlines above ground, and not in?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:45 am

Brenda Brenda:
I have always wondered... Why are powerlines above ground, and not in?

Cheaper that way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:48 am

With all the repairs that need to be done, and the Montreal (or was it Quebec city? :?) drama a few years ago? I can hardly imagine :?