canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:06 am

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Nuclear weapons are the greatest mistake humans have ever invented, they serve no purpose other then mass destruction, and giving pussy nations the will to threaten others. Because without there nukes, they aren't anything.

They brought WWII to a close pretty quick.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:42 am

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Nuclear weapons are the greatest mistake humans have ever invented, they serve no purpose other then mass destruction, and giving pussy nations the will to threaten others. Because without there nukes, they aren't anything.

While killing millions, and causing the suffering of many more due to the effects of radiation poisoning, which where civilians. Men, Woman and Children. A great example of why WMD's in the hands of human beings = the biggest mistake.

All they are used for now is to threaten other countries with it.
"Screw you USA, Signed Japan"
"Screw us? We got nukes and we aren't afraid to use them!"
"Oh um... shit! My bad, I miss-spoke. What I really meant was, lets be trading partners".

It's like a high-school, a kid that can boss the entire school because he owns a handgun.

Hopefully the idiotic presidents of all the countries who own them are not idiotic enough to use them, no matter what but since we already had a close class in our history between the U.S. and Russia. You never know. Expecially when countries continously threaten others with them, one day somebody will call a bluff, and either it will be or not be. It truely is a gamble.

Russia is acting like a fool right now, threatening everybody. You know they are just going to piss off the wrong people again, and then there will be another nuclear arms situation. Just a matter of time.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:07 pm

The actual death toll after the bombs were dropped came to around 240,000, I havent seen any figures for the long standing damage but, I am sure many more would have died on both sides if the bombs were not used. Considering what would have happened if Tokyo had gone through a ground attack.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:18 pm

Many more lives? Let's see the difference here sha'll we?

Soldiers Lives
People who fight and die for there country, who willing signed up to fight a war.

Civilian Lives
People who just want to live there lives, yet get a nuclear bomb dropped on them that kills many of there family which includes many kids and women. The bomb was purposly dropped on a civilian area, they could have dropped it on a military area but no, they dropped it on a crowded civilian area. Those not killed by the bomb, suffered a fait worse then death. They suffered from pure torture because of radiation from the bomb, ruining there lives forever. This includes many more women and children. All in pain, and disfigured. All because the United States wanted to win a war, and used any force necessary.

Not only that, but caused Ozone problems. Yes, what a great toy we invented.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were picked because they were to be attacked if a bomb was dropped on them or not. Also it’s a little presumptuous to say all the soldiers signed up to fight in WW2, many soldiers were conscripted on both sides. The Americans also felt turnaround was fair play when the Japanese started the whole thing by the surprise attack on pearl harbour. Not to mention all the war time atrocities carried out by the Japanese during the war.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Russia is acting like a fool right now, threatening everybody. You know they are just going to piss off the wrong people again, and then there will be another nuclear arms situation. Just a matter of time.

Perhaps the wrong people to piss off was Russia in the 1st place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
Many more lives? Let's see the difference here sha'll we?

Soldiers Lives
People who fight and die for there country, who willing signed up to fight a war.

Civilian Lives
People who just want to live there lives, yet get a nuclear bomb dropped on them that kills many of there family which includes many kids and women. The bomb was purposly dropped on a civilian area, they could have dropped it on a military area but no, they dropped it on a crowded civilian area. Those not killed by the bomb, suffered a fait worse then death. They suffered from pure torture because of radiation from the bomb, ruining there lives forever. This includes many more women and children. All in pain, and disfigured. All because the United States wanted to win a war, and used any force necessary.

Not only that, but caused Ozone problems. Yes, what a great toy we invented.

Many soldiers signed up, many were conscripted.

and there was not the extreme consideration given to civilians during WWII,
on both sides.. this is a recently developed idea, and a bad one, i might add.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 pm

Scape Scape:
Perhaps the wrong people to piss off was Russia in the 1st place.

I imagine many felt the same way when Germany began its expansionist push in the late 30's. Maybe we should have let them have Europe, what with them being so powerful and all. It was wrong of us to annoy or challenge a country so mighty.

For instance Poland and Czechoslovakia were in Germany's backyard.

Perhaps to avoid angering Russia we should just allow them to annex Eastern Europe once again...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Demian_164 Demian_164:
i disagree. The russians are threatening poland BECAUSE of the missile defense, and because they question their intentions.

But missile defenses don't work (right?) so what's to get upset about?

Without the missile defense proposal, Russia would probably not be threatening Poland.

Sorry I had to repeat that, everyone. Hopefully it won't have to happen again.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:44 pm

I thought Russia was already getting lippy with Poland and the Ukraine for wanting to join NATO. Russia wasnt threatening to nuke them like now, but they still were not the best of buds and never really have been since they broke off from the warsaw pact.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:49 pm

Demian_164 Demian_164:
i never said they didnt work did i? The russians question whether it really is a missile defense system or if it is targeted at them. Like i said, they dont trust the stated intentions of the program-they dont believe it is strictly missile defense-which is why they are upset.

Either way, anyone who's ever played Risk knows that the second you start building anything that looks like war, whether it's defensive or offensive, you open yourself to attack.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:53 pm

romanP romanP:
Demian_164 Demian_164:
i never said they didnt work did i? The russians question whether it really is a missile defense system or if it is targeted at them. Like i said, they dont trust the stated intentions of the program-they dont believe it is strictly missile defense-which is why they are upset.

Either way, anyone who's ever played Risk knows that the second you start building anything that looks like war, whether it's defensive or offensive, you open yourself to attack.

In risk doesn't leaving a country undefended leave yourself open for attack as well?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:

I imagine one day they'll bring humanity to a close just as quick. That or whatever weapon will eventually technologically transcend nukes.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:59 pm

My money is on viral warfare.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:01 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Iran is developing nuclear weapons.

No one can confirm that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next