CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29291
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 pm
 


Title: RCMP officer testifies he feared Dziekanski's combative stance
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-02-23 13:11:02
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22594
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:08 pm
 


So putting you're hands in the air is now a combative stance? Way to go RCMP


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 16757
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:10 pm
 


This is starting stink more and more every day..


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 am
 


no further comment needed.....


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3196
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:56 am
 


xerxes wrote:
This is starting stink more and more every day..


Why, because you're not getting answers that jive with your ignorant and preconceived ideas? You should hurry to the inquiry and save it by offering up your extensive knowledge concerning violent behaviour and interpreting it on the fly!





PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:28 am
 


That is the problem, back in the days before tazers you had to use your brain and your training to end situations like this without the use of force.

Fuck, bring the guy a coffee and a sandwich and track down a translator while he relaxes and has a bite to eat. Spending 8 bucks at the airport so this guy has a chance to explain himself would be well worth it to the taxpayers who are now footing the bill for this whole mess.

Of course you say that these boys in blue would have never thought to do this or been obligated to do anything for him, but that is what the difference is between a good cop who can think and problem sove and these clowns who know how to use their weapons but have no clue how to use their brains.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22594
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:42 am
 


Dayseed wrote:
xerxes wrote:
This is starting stink more and more every day..


Why, because you're not getting answers that jive with your ignorant and preconceived ideas? You should hurry to the inquiry and save it by offering up your extensive knowledge concerning violent behaviour and interpreting it on the fly!



If I recall in the last thread on this, the testimony from the officers alone was more than enough to clear them from any wrong doings.

Why don't we stick with the article at hand.





PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:45 am
 


I guess the cops were scared of taking a "staple" to the head so that alone justifies tazering him 5 times.

Quote:
Rundel testified that Dziekanski held an object — a stapler — in one hand and his stance was considered combative just before he was shocked with a Taser.



Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1808
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:38 am
 


Donny_Brasco wrote:
That is the problem, back in the days before tazers you had to use your brain and your training to end situations like this without the use of force.

Fuck, bring the guy a coffee and a sandwich and track down a translator while he relaxes and has a bite to eat. Spending 8 bucks at the airport so this guy has a chance to explain himself would be well worth it to the taxpayers who are now footing the bill for this whole mess.

Of course you say that these boys in blue would have never thought to do this or been obligated to do anything for him, but that is what the difference is between a good cop who can think and problem sove and these clowns who know how to use their weapons but have no clue how to use their brains.


while i do agree with your monday morning quarterbacking, you have to ask the question, how many police officers have been assaulted/killed by a 'compliant' suspect?

compliance is a fickle thing, a suspect can be compliant one second and viciously combative the next. If the guy is causing enough trouble to get the police called on him, it is in the best interest for everyone to get the situation under control asap. The luxury of getting the guy a drink or a sandwich is a nice thought but unrealistic in 95% of situations.

One must take into account the cultural barrier as well, in different cultures police are horribly corrupt and considered a second/third class profession, therefore if someone who has grown up with less respect for the police than displayed by most Canadians they are most likely going to be combative when faced with a uniform.

The stapler is a no briner, a police officer has a split second to react to the visual stimuli he is given, when he sees a black/silver object in the hand of a guy who has squared up to him, his only choice is to error on the side of caution for the safety of his life, his fellow officers life, and the general publics safety. Anyone who doesn't believe me, i have an experiment for you:
next time you are pulled over for a traffic stop, grab something small and black, rush out of your car waving it in the air....see what happens.





PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 am
 


He wasnt pulled over and had to go through international security so Ya,maybe he smuggled the stapler in from poland and was going to take down 5 cops with guns and tasers with it.

Good plan all in all.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22594
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 am
 


The police on site took 30 seconds to access and react as they did.
There were 4 officers and one guy with a stapler, and plenty of room to just back away.

Why did they need to react so fast?





PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 am
 


ridenrain wrote:
The police on site took 30 seconds to access and react as they did.
There were 4 officers and one guy with a stapler, and plenty of room to just back away.

Why did they need to react so fast?


Because as demonstrated here,he was acting combative.
Wonder if he has some french in him?


Const. Gerry Rundel demonstrates the gesture made by Robert Dziekanski moments before he was stunned with a Taser.


Attachments:
cop.jpg
cop.jpg [ 5.23 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]



PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 am
 


Rundel was shown a video of the incident that had been taken by a witness, and asked to point out when Dziekanski lifted the stapler in an aggressive manner, but he could not.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22594
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:51 am
 


1: Tazer
2: Seize Evidence
3: go have a smoke and phone the ambulance.

I still blame the airport security and staff for this but these cops definitely let us down too.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 116
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:53 am
 


"...Fearing for their safety", my behind!
The excuse the RCMP officer gave for him and his buddies tazing poor Robert Dziekanski to death, after the Polish immigrant arrived at Vancouver's International Airport, is just such a cop-out.
If these physically-fit, highly-trained, motivated and disciplined law-enforcement officers "fear for their safety" every time they happen to run into a disoriented and disheveled individual, and immediately have to reach for their Tazers, then they should never have become Mounties in the first place.
Perhaps these meek and mild-mannered whimps should have become librarians instead!


Last edited by samkorn on Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.