Category: Military
Posted By: Toner
Date: 2009-03-23 11:40:24
Canadian

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:00 pm

What an absolute fucktard! Then the Yanks wonder why people fly airplanes into their office buildings. Fox "News" really needs to be shut down, at least in Canada. Advetisers boycott anyone?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 pm

I don't recall a national disaster when someone in the US tuned tnto Rick Mercers "Talking with Americans" :roll:

We know their morons and so is anyone who looks for serious news at 3AM.
Enough of this dumb story, please.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Lol misunderstood? Find it hard to figure out which part he really meant something else. Fuck him, uneducated hick.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:20 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
I don't recall a national disaster when someone in the US tuned tnto Rick Mercers "Talking with Americans" :roll:

Show me the ep where Rick calls American's names, he used their own words that was the reason it was funny. Better yet, show me where he openly slagged the US military.

Your comment might have had more traction if you had at least referenced a doll.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:22 pm

Why are you guys so thin skinned? give me a break! this is a news program shown at 3 in the morning! But according to Qball its ok to kill 3000 innocent people cause of this one show at 3 in the morning! Grow up and stop being the sterotypical insecure Canadian!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:23 pm

ManifestDestiny ManifestDestiny:
Why are you guys so thin skinned? give me a break! this is a news program shown at 3 in the morning! But according to Qball its ok to kill 3000 innocent people cause of this one show at 3 in the morning! Grow up and stop being the sterotypical insecure Canadian!

[B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Are you going to cry? I hate that.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Scape Scape:
Better yet, show me where he openly slagged the US military

Some of your politicians do a good enough job!Carolyn Parrish was a controversial Canadian MP known for making anti-American statements. Among other things, she called Americans "bastards" and "idiots."

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 pm

It's a fairly immature, late-night comedy show. It's not like they recruit the cream of the crop to host "Red Eye". Give the host a slap on the wrist and send him to bed without any dinner. Not a problem.

And I have to agree with ManifestDestiny on this. QBall, that was out of line.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Scape Scape:
Better yet, show me where he openly slagged the US military

Some of your politicians do a good enough job!Carolyn Parrish was a controversial Canadian MP known for making anti-American statements. Among other things, she called Americans "bastards" and "idiots."

Another news victim I see.

Actually, it was 4 Americans she worked on a NATO committee that she called 'Bastards' and FOX beat the 'invade Canada' drums until the whole US of A was in a lather over it.

Have you never called 4 people you've worked with a bad name? Were they American? Are you anti-American?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Agreed, I too agree that QBall was out of line, lets just say people on both sides of the border are idiots (I'm thinking Parrish for Canada, and Anne Coulter and Tucker Carlson are the big idiots for the USA), but for decency sake lets leave 9/11 out of this.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:48 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Another news victim I see.

Actually, it was 4 Americans she worked on a NATO committee that she called 'Bastards' and FOX beat the 'invade Canada' drums until the whole US of A was in a lather over it.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THIS?

She was largely unknown nationally until the eve of the U.S.-led Invasion of Iraq in 2003. On her way out of a meeting, Parrish was overheard on a boom mike saying "Damn Americans, I hate the bastards." She later told the media that her comments were directed towards George W. Bush and his administration and not the American people as a whole. Members of the opposition Canadian Alliance party called for her to be punished by then Liberal leader and Prime Minister Jean Chrétien, but no punishment occurred.

After the widespread media attention on this incident, she remained popular in her home riding. After electoral redistribution leading up to the 2004 election, she faced fellow Liberal MP Steve Mahoney in a nomination battle and narrowly won. She was re-elected with 54% of the vote in the general election, against 32% for her Conservative opponent.

In August 2004, Parrish again created controversy by referring to those supporting the North American missile defence proposal as "a coalition of the idiots", mocking the phrase "coalition of the willing" used by Bush describing the American-led alliance in the invasion of Iraq. Paul Martin, who had succeeded Chrétien as Prime Minister, asked her to use more tact and discretion when sharing her opinions about such subjects but stopped short of asking her to apologize.

Following the November U.S. election, she expressed shock at the re-election of George W. Bush. She said that "America is completely out of touch with the rest of the free world" and blamed this on collective "extreme psychological damage" due to the September 11, 2001 attacks. When Conservative Party members called on her to apologize for these remarks she said that such comments "are in the best traditions of free speech and independence of thought." These comments came just hours after Paul Martin warned his MPs in a private caucus meeting not to make incendiary comments in the wake of the U.S. election. Parrish explained that she wasn't at the meeting, but that even if she had been, it wouldn't have stopped her from speaking her mind
She was largely unknown nationally until the eve of the U.S.-led Invasion of Iraq in 2003. On her way out of a meeting, Parrish was overheard on a boom mike saying "Damn Americans, I hate the bastards." She later told the media that her comments were directed towards George W. Bush and his administration and not the American people as a whole. Members of the opposition Canadian Alliance party called for her to be punished by then Liberal leader and Prime Minister Jean Chrétien, but no punishment occurred.

After the widespread media attention on this incident, she remained popular in her home riding. After electoral redistribution leading up to the 2004 election, she faced fellow Liberal MP Steve Mahoney in a nomination battle and narrowly won. She was re-elected with 54% of the vote in the general election, against 32% for her Conservative opponent.

In August 2004, Parrish again created controversy by referring to those supporting the North American missile defence proposal as "a coalition of the idiots", mocking the phrase "coalition of the willing" used by Bush describing the American-led alliance in the invasion of Iraq. Paul Martin, who had succeeded Chrétien as Prime Minister, asked her to use more tact and discretion when sharing her opinions about such subjects but stopped short of asking her to apologize.

Following the November U.S. election, she expressed shock at the re-election of George W. Bush. She said that "America is completely out of touch with the rest of the free world" and blamed this on collective "extreme psychological damage" due to the September 11, 2001 attacks. When Conservative Party members called on her to apologize for these remarks she said that such comments "are in the best traditions of free speech and independence of thought." These comments came just hours after Paul Martin warned his MPs in a private caucus meeting not to make incendiary comments in the wake of the U.S. election. Parrish explained that she wasn't at the meeting, but that even if she had been, it wouldn't have stopped her from speaking her mind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolyn_Parish

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Meh. Lots of people have a hate-on for America. Doesn't bother me until they start chant in the streets to celebrate murder and death. Then I get that slow burn in the gut and the twitching eyelid.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 pm

Oh fuck off. If we had news stations being blatantly disrespectful to troops who are fighting to help our country, we would get the same flak from Americans, if not worse. Stop being such a partisan asshole and look at what they said.