Posted By: Canadaka
Date: 2009-09-01 10:46:04
Canadian

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:51 am

I thought it was the best speech Ignatieff has given, some great quotes from the speech.

"Mr. Harper your time is up!"

"You can't count on a leader who can't count, who can only do division"

"A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian!"

"Never again will the world say Where's Canada?"

"We can be the smartest, healthiest, greenest, hardest-working, most open-minded country there is � but only if we choose to be."

"Stephen Harper leads a government that doesn�t care. We can do better and we will do better."

things are about to get interesting this fall!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 am

So this means we failed the "double secret probation"? :D
Since he found the rest of Canada, so conveniently attached to Algonquin park, maybe he can find a policy to rule these new found subjects.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:59 am

Yeah yeah, it's all well and good to mouth fatuities. How about he quit bitching about Harper and start telling us what HE plans on doing for (or to) Canada.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:03 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Yeah yeah, it's all well and good to mouth fatuities. How about he quit bitching about Harper and start telling us what HE plans on doing for (or to) Canada.

'sactly. Until then it's "...yaaaawn....".

I mean speaking a lotta 'anti-Harper' jargon to a choir of 'anti-Harpers' isn't going to win you an election Mike, honest. We already know who are the anti-Harpers and who are the anti-Liberals....and we already know what the numbers will prove on that one: the country still hates the liberals about 10-15% more than they hate the conservatives. You want to win in this country you need to court the swing voter with something substantial, period.

"...Hints of tension emerge as caucus chair says ‘there is no real unanimous mood in there' for an election..."
Is Iggy going Mavrick?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:07 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
How about he quit bitching about Harper and start telling us what HE plans on doing for (or to) Canada.

I second this. [B-o]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:10 am

Still just empty rhetoric Iggy. What are you going to do? Where are the platform points?

Give us a reason to vote FOR you, not against the other guy which is all we have seen from all sides lately.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:13 am

You can either credit Harper with the longest and best running minority governmnt in the history of the nation or you can credit the Liberals with the longest and most shamefull record of hiding and abstaining from votes.

Other than Iggy's monorail express, he's been more interested in selling books than selling policy.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Other than Iggy's monorail express, he's been more interested in selling books than selling policy.

That is true.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:46 am

well, I think this is good news on two fronts

1st. If the gov falls, Canadians will realize the Liberals have put NO POLICY statements forward. Do you know where Iggy stands on many issues? I don't he hasn't said booo

2nd. He will look like an idiot having an election and once again forming the official opposition which give the CPC bragging rights about how much the liberals cost Canadians in this recession because of their thirst for power.

n'uff said

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:52 am

One question I have is sort of a chicken or the egg thing.

Has Iggy decided that the Harper government voilates Liberal policy before he even created the Liberal policy?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:16 pm

uwish uwish:
well, I think this is good news on two fronts

1st. If the gov falls, Canadians will realize the Liberals have put NO POLICY statements forward. Do you know where Iggy stands on many issues? I don't he hasn't said booo

2nd. He will look like an idiot having an election and once again forming the official opposition which give the CPC bragging rights about how much the liberals cost Canadians in this recession because of their thirst for power.

n'uff said

I agree this could be good news on two fronts.

1st. If the Conservatives fail to gain a majority again. Harper and his organizers will be toast. That means a serious reorganization and re-examination of the party.

2nd. If the Liberals get the minority and the Conservatives are in opposition, Harper and his organizers will be toast. That means a serious reorganization and re-examination of the party.

We can’t lose in either case. The party will be given the shakeup it needs.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 pm

poquas poquas:
I agree this could be good news on two fronts.

1st. If the Conservatives fail to gain a majority again. Harper and his organizers will be toast. That means a serious reorganization and re-examination of the party.

2nd. If the Liberals get the minority and the Conservatives are in opposition, Harper and his organizers will be toast. That means a serious reorganization and re-examination of the party.

We can’t lose in either case. The party will be given the shakeup it needs.

If the Conservatives get another minority its going to be Iggy who is toast, not Harper.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:25 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
If the Conservatives get another minority its going to be Iggy who is toast, not Harper.

I don't care about Iggy.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:26 pm

poquas poquas:
saturn_656 saturn_656:

I don't care about Iggy.

Given that the man may end up being our Prime Minister, you should.