Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Go ahead Iggy and play with fire. Just so I can laugh as I watch the Liberal Party burn.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:02 pm

"Ignatieff has so far supplied next to no detail about what a Liberal government would do. "

Way to kick things off with a bang, Iggy. :roll:

I mean, if you're gonna have the stones to drop the gauntlet, at least have some points of policy to get people talking!

Instead of people talking about how much we don't want an election, we can have people talking about new ideas the Liberals COULD have presented. He wasted a perfectly good opportunity to get Canadians talking.

I'm thinking this is them testing the waters and will check poll results in a week or two to see if people's interest or their numbers have increased.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:39 pm

If there is going to be an Election, I just hope a Majority is the result. I don't even care who Wins, just time to end this Minority crap.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:50 pm

No chance of a majority sand. It will be another minority and back to the polls in 12-18 months.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:58 pm

And now it's time for all Canadians to be told the answer to the question:

"If you were prime minister now, what would you have done about the economy and this crisis that Mr. Harper has not done?"

:D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:03 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
No chance of a majority sand. It will be another minority and back to the polls in 12-18 months.

I disagree. Things change quickly during a Campaign. Very quickly. If Iggy is smart, he won't utter a peep about his Platform until an Election is called. Harper is pretty slick with taking an Opposition position and making it his own. Something very difficult to do during an Election Campaign.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Well, lets compare predictions on election night, November XXth 2009.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 pm

I predict a Conservative Majority, as much as I hate the prospect of that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 pm

AM, it will be a reduced Tory minority. They will lose seats in Quebec and gain the odd seat in Ontario. The rest will be the same as 2008.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
AM, it will be a reduced Tory minority. They will lose seats in Quebec and gain the odd seat in Ontario. The rest will be the same as 2008.

I dunno man, I just got a feeling about this one. A lot of people are getting tired of this minority stuff.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:42 pm

The title of the article seems to imply that up until now the Liberals have supported Harper. lmao. Abstention is not support.

I don't even feel like voting for any of these children.

m

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Ditto

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:42 pm

You know, the home reno program wasn't passed before the summer holidays started.

Who's going to get the blame from the 1000's of Canadians that have already taken advantage of it and have spent their own cash and they end up not getting their money back if Iggy brings down the hammer?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 pm

Interesting developments today. I have to say though, both Ignatieff and Harper have a lot at stake if an election occurs in November. Ignatieff is screwed if the Liberals don't pull off anything other than a win. Harper is screwed if he doesn't win a majority. I can say that as a Conservative, our party is united behind Prime Minister Harper as of now. However, if he can't finally deliver us the beholden majority we all want, then I think there is going to be a shake up in the Conservative Party. To which we could see Harper resigning and realizing his time is up.

However I don't really see that happening. The Liberals are really playing with fire here. The vast majority of Canadians (besides left wing partisans) do not want an election. Its absolutely ridiculous. This would be the 4th election in 5 years. Canadians are getting fed up by these antics. A lot can change in an election campaign, so its hard to predict the outcome, but I think we may finally see the public be once and for all decisive.

I'm going to take a premature bet and speculate the following:

1) There will be an election. The Liberals will stick to their promise and will push for the earliest opportunity to bring down the government. The Conservatives will not make a deal with the Bloc or NDP. The party is not going to sacrifice their principles and put us billions more in deficit to get the support of either of those parties.

2) The Bloc will retain most of their seats in Quebec. The Conservatives and Liberals will both retain what they have. I don't see much changing in Quebec at all.

3) The Conservatives will make a bit more inroads in the west (we're already the party of the west but there is more seats to be gained), including Anita Neville's riding in Winnipeg, Linda Duncan's riding in Edmonton, and 1-4 more in B.C.

4) Atlantic Canada won't change much. Newfoundland & Labrador will lock out the Conservatives again. Nova Scotia won't change. The Tories may gain in New Brunwick and possibly one more seat in P.E.I.

5) Ontario will decide this election. There is still many ridings in that province that could give the Conservatives a majority.

6) Conservatives will win a razor thin majority. 160 odd seats.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
AM, it will be a reduced Tory minority.

If we have a vote, IMO, that's what will happen. But it could mean a drop in NDP and Bloc seats. So in spite of the bluster from the cheap seats I don't think they are quite as eager for an election as they suggest they are. The Bloc is toxic so there is no way the Tories would deal with them but Thomas Mulcair suggests the NDP might. Not sure that the Tories could buy anything the Dips want but let's see.