Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:25 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Tricks Tricks:
Now isn't that special :lol: If I was one of these kids parents I'd much rather have my under age children attend classes taught by one of these "cool" teachers than some hick educator who's not gonna be able to pass on such basic life skills as lap dancing.
Unsurprisingly you miss the point. Cause those teachers are going to be teaching lap dancing right? That's makes complete sense.

Of course it doesn't make sense, much like initiating what many consider a lewd performance that is normally carried out in the dark back room of an adult entertainment club, while in an auditorium full of children.

$1:
You wanna know something, years ago the "cool" teachers were the ones who actually got their students interested and actively involved in their subjects.

And there are still many that do that. But some times it's the personality of the teacher that did it. I remember for one of our history classes to explain trench warfare we flipped desks on the sides, split into teams, made a bunch of paper balls and had to charge. You can't do something like that with math. So if your math teacher jokes around but still gets shit taught, what's the problem?

There's no problem with any teacher joking around to get their point across but there is a definate boundry between joking around and transcending good taste. If I was to bet good money, I'd guess that your history teacher never conducted a lap dance with another teacher to explain the ramifications of the War of 1812?

Good taste is subjective. And this was for a pep rally, you know, where you get people fired up? It succeeded as far as I can see.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:32 pm

So I guess that if it's a big enough Pep rally, oral sex and sodomy will be the next things used to instill school spirit.

I guess we'll have to continue to agree to disagree since I just don't think these teachers actions have anything to do with teaching or school spirit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 pm

So I guess that if it's a big enough Pep rally, oral sex and sodomy will be the next things used to instill school spirit.

I guess we'll have to continue to agree to disagree since I just don't think these teachers actions have anything to do with teaching or school spirit.

You clearly have never been to anything relating to school spirit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:21 pm

Tricks Tricks:

Maybe it's my age, but when I was in High School teachers didn't have to perform psuedo sex acts to raise school spirit. But I guess if that's what you and your generation thinks is cool and appropriate, more power to you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Tricks Tricks:

I agree with old guy, must be an age thing Tricks, because most people my age consider this inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour. My son who is about your age found it humourous, but did agree that it was unprofessional.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 pm

Tricks Tricks:

Maybe it's my age, but when I was in High School teachers didn't have to perform psuedo sex acts to raise school spirit. But I guess if that's what you and your generation thinks is cool and appropriate, more power to you.

Not teachers, but definitely students here at University.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:19 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Tricks Tricks:

I agree with old guy, must be an age thing Tricks, because most people my age consider this inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour. My son who is about your age found it humourous, but did agree that it was unprofessional.

Which it was. But it isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.