bottom

Canadian Forums

Canadaka - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Canadaka.net   Topic: Help Fund a New CKA Database Server

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:57 am 

Replies: 17
Views: 1328

I decided to remove the CKA Radio ticker from the header of the site. I was profiling the pageload of the homepage and found that it was adding almost an entire second to every pageload. With it removed pages load noticably faster, the homepage loads now with: [ Script generation time: 0.0146s | 0.4...

Forum: Canada Kicks Ass & Canadian Culture   Topic: How I Spent My Canada Day

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:17 am 

Replies: 15
Views: 728

I actually bought a new bike last month to do more "all-mountain" riding, so riding more up and a bit more XC'ish trails. 2012 Rocky Mountain Slayer 70 https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-8S89zyss4Ew/T-4LjtGwqZI/AAAAAAABZEo/GDcKdUqEZlM/s912/2012-Rocky-Mountain-Slayer.jpg But...

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:13 pm 

It should be quicker once I get everything setup. But the main thing is to not have the downtime and slowdowns like the site has been having for months.

Forum: Canada Kicks Ass & Canadian Culture   Topic: How I Spent My Canada Day

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm 

Replies: 15
Views: 728

I went mountain biking at Sun Peaks & Silverstar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an783nzx ... tu.be&hd=1

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm 

sorry for the downtime this evening, I finally installed the new server and have been having a series of problems. I'm now bringing each site online one by one, but there might be problems, if you notice something let me know! Once I get everything running I will do some further tweaking with the ne...

Forum: Sports   Topic: Tough Mudder

Post subject: Re: Tough Mudder
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:00 pm 

Replies: 14
Views: 537

lol just noticed this on my brothers Facebook. "Yesterday i completed a 19 km tough mudder course twice. I wasvlucky enough to be in the first heat at 8 in the morning. I decided to hammer on it, and i was the first ever person to finish canadas first tough mudder! I finishef with a time of an ...

Forum: BC   Topic: Vancouver Comedy: Definitely Raining

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:54 am 

Replies: 3
Views: 195

This is a tubmlr blog I've been following for several weeks, i find it really funny as I live in Vancouver. It might not be that funny for people who don't live in vancity.

http://definitelyraining.tumblr.com/

Forum: Canadaka.net   Topic: A little problem with your forum Trev.

Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:47 am 

Replies: 2549
Views: 74966

I found a MAJOR bug in the homepage news code that might have been happening lately late at night. If there is no news articles within the last 24 hours with at least 1 'hit' the "Top News" area went into an endless look and the page would never load, this would compound and really kill th...

Forum: Sports   Topic: Tough Mudder

Post subject: Re: Tough Mudder
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:44 am 

Replies: 14
Views: 537

my brother was up there doing it, I might do it next year.

It really doens't seem like much of a race though, my brother is superfit and competitive and thought it was a race. Still looks like fun though.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 am 

the new server should hopefully fix these slowness and downtime problems. Hopefully within a week.

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:11 pm 

DanSC DanSC:
The Filibuster site is broken; it's just displaying what looks like CSS code.

really its fine for me in 4 different browsers I tested. is it still broken for you? if so what browser and OS?

Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:09 pm 

The new server probably won't be in-place until next week, I'm having to help my parents move on Van Island this week. I've spent the last 3 days setting up the server, its turning out to be a lot of work. I decided to swap the roles of the servers since this new server is faster than my "good&...

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:33 pm 

New database server arrived! Might be another week or 2 before its live. I have to setup and do testing You can still donate http://www.trevormay.ca/donate/ The server is a Dell Poweredge 1950 with these specs: 2 x Intel XEON Quad Core X5460 3.16Ghz 16GB ECC Ram 2 x 10k SAS Drives Intel SSD Dell iDr...

Forum: Entertainment   Topic: What TV Shows are you watching right now?

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:01 am 

Replies: 1978
Views: 35410

me and my wife started watching "Community" recently and its pretty funny!

We also started watching "Downton Abbey" which is excellent!!

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:07 pm 

Only $120 short of the funding goal for new server hardware!
I plan on purchasing a new server and a bunch of SSD drives in the next 2 weeks.
Sort by:  

Page 11 of 541 [ Search found 8102 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.