Canadian Forums

llama66 - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Bill C-61

Post subject: Re: Bill C-61
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:07 pm 

Replies: 17
Views: 497

funny, I remember a huge uproar over the gun registries, this is more the violation of privacy, much like the registry, but this has the added bounus of lawsuits, and the potential for a cyber-police state, remember the gun registry made it illegal to own certain firearms, and forced you to register...

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: What are you listening to....

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:56 pm 

Replies: 11282
Views: 115711

Jugband Blues, Pink Floyd.

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:51 pm 

actually its not, its been a grey area, however the Supreme Court has ruled Downloading for personal use was not illegal (BMG Canada v John Doe, 2005), however C-61 makes everything that was in that grey area (and more thats not) illegal, things like unlocking a cell phone and converting .mp3 to .aa...

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Quick trip to Banff, today

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:00 pm 

Replies: 9
Views: 167

is that Mt. Rundle in those pictures of the mountains? I should post my hike up Yamnuska

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Quick trip to Banff, today

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:27 pm 

Replies: 9
Views: 167

Nice shots, I see the snowpack is still there, which is not good for Calgary, when it melts.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:23 pm 

my proof is the bill, the bill written by lobbyists for corporate America, the same bill that once again will do nothing for Canadians, and Governments always benefit from these little stabs to the Canadian Public, I can name several of these (Avro...) furthermore, History has shown that this is wha...

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:12 pm 

How are they ridiculous? prove to me that this is not our Government folding yet again to an outside source? if this bill wasn't written with the RIAA and the MPAA in mind prove it to me, and the fact they are trying to ram it through Parliament is suspicious, at least to me, and what of the fact th...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Copyright law could result in police state: critics

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:36 pm 

Replies: 86
Views: 978

the new law will not pass as is, and if it does, the supreme court will strike it down, its unconstitutional, and yet more proof that Ottawa is out of touch with Canada, the new act gives me, a photographer new rights, true, but if some one uses MY Camera at MY request (read family vacation photo ta...

Post subject: Bill C-61
Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:15 pm 

Our illustrious and Accountable Government is taking it upon themselves to amend the Copyright Act,here is a partial list of what will be ILLEGAL under the new law! from http://www.digital-copyright.ca/node/4714 common illegal activities Here is a list of all the common and socially acceptable activ...
Sort by:  

Page 619 of 619 [ Search found 9279 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.