bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:15 pm

You guys take Gravol? [huh]

**I've never took Gravol, but I remember my parents bought them and gave them to my sister and the dog before our annual trips from NS to QC (mostly night rides). All I needed was a book to keep me quiet. My sister started asking when we were going to get there 30 minutes into the 17 hours drive. As for the dog, he wouldn't let me read in peace. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:19 pm

For the stressed out adult Gravol is a god-send. Applies both to dosing someone to get them to shut up as well as to dose yourself into a nice friendly oblivion for a while. [drunk]

The ones I need aren't for me though. I haven't had to take any for ages, not since I finally figured out that they don't do any good for stomach issues caused by stress. I'm buying them for someone who's a bit too much in love with Advil and is now enjoying the nausea that anti-inflammatories always cause. As for myself I'd rather put up with the aching and stiffness than feeling like puking all the time thanks to Advil or Naproxen. Evil, evil stuff for anyone to take.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:14 pm

raydan raydan:
You guys take Gravol? [huh]

Not often, but it beats puking your guts out for hours.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:57 am

Running out of coffee would be the straw that broke the camels back for me. Coffee is the one vice that I do not plan on ever giving up. You know you have a problem when you don't get your fix on time and that horrible headache sets in. Ruins the whole day.

The supply chain collapse was actually financially good for me. When I was on day shift I would buy a cup of Joe at the store every day for the drive in, and I had my Keurig pot at work to get me through the day. I would always buy the good stuff for my house on my days off. I went on graveyard shift after we reopened. Most stores don't sell coffee at that hour. If they do its usually some crap thats been sitting around for hours that you could use to remove paint. I started brewing a pot at home to drink before work every day. One day the store did not have any of the good stuff. I had no choice but get what they had as in the cheap shit. I want my coffee, but I NEED it a lot more than I want it as I drink a pot every day. Its like being an alcoholic thats used to drinking Pappy Van Winkle settling for Skeeters Reserve. The cheap shit was nowhere as good as the good stuff, but it was doable. It meets my caffeine needs. I stepped up my flavored creamer game to help offset the difference. A couple of days not buying coffee at the store more than pays for a can of the cheap shit. I always buy several at a time because I can't bear the thought of running out. I am drinking more coffee than ever, yet I am spending less money than ever too. Is it gourmet? No its not. Do I need gourmet every day of the week? No I don't. Do I need my caffeine fix every day? Yes I do.

This shutdown/inflation/supply chain thing has actually been good for me. I have made several major changes to my life. I canceled my satellite tv. I will never pay for tv again. Never!!! I started taking the bus to work. I started buying used books online. I started experimenting with cheaper generic/store brands as sometimes that was all the store had. I have made permanent changes to numerous items as I found them just as good as the big brand name and cheaper too. I am saving hundreds of dollars every month due to these changes. I am never going back to the way things were before.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:59 am

rickc rickc:
I am never going back to the way things were before.

When I was working up North, they gave me a panel van to drive to calls. Before and after every call, I would get in the drive through for a coffee. The back of the van was full of the empties. One week, I counted 78 empty XL cups when cleaning up the van. 8O

When I moved back to Edmonton and was diagnosed with Diabetes, I switched to tea. I love coffee, but tea I could handle with just cream. I needed sugar in my coffee, but the natural sugar in cream is enough for me. Tea is much cheaper, and if you skip a day the headache is much less severe.

Plus, it comes in some wonderful combinations! I keep a pitcher of cold tea in my fridge all the time. Ginger & Lime, Quince & Ginger, Mango, 'Prairie Berries'. Sometimes with a little raw honey in it. [drool]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:01 am

Mexico's planned GM corn ban 'deep concern' for US

tl;dr - Mexico imports most of it's corn from the US, and most of the corn in the US goes into glucose, or to Mexico.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:13 am

Supply chain challenges prompt cancellation of annual Vancouver car show

It would be funnier though if it were full of 5 year old used cars selling at retail price.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:57 pm

Greedflation: What's driving supermarkets' record profits?
$1:
A parliamentary committee is scheduled to question officials for Metro and Save-On-Foods about their prices today and representatives from Loblaws and the owner of Sobeys defended themselves at the committee last week, saying they are not taking advantage of inflation to drive profit.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:32 pm

Don't the Oil companies claim the same thing? [huh]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:11 pm

So does construction, telecommunications and the pharmaceuticals. See a trend?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:58 pm

Saw the obvious years ago. Inflationary pressure will eventually end civilization.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:11 pm

Capitalism is eating itself. The only thing keeping it from outright annihilation are the competing ideologies of oligarchies and despots.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:58 pm

And the occasional recession.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:27 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:44 pm

0:
IMG_20221219_092453_01 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20221219_092453_01 - Copy.jpg [ 910.17 KiB | Viewed 46 times ]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13 ... 20  Next