bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:43 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
In Quebec, illegal smokes hold 40% of the market while in Ontario, they hold 50% of the market.

I'm finding numbers that are all over the place, including what you say.

This is another...
A report by Phillip Morris International stated that sales of contraband cigarettes sold on the black market consists of 14.7 percent of all cigarettes sold in the Canadian Province of Quebec. In Ontario, the illegal cigarettes make up 27.2 percent of all tobacco sold.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:52 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Dodged which question?

Do I support organized crime?

No.

Next question from the nasty party?

Actions speak louder than words.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:58 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Curtman Curtman:
Dodged which question?

Do I support organized crime?

No.

Next question from the nasty party?

Actions speak louder than words.

What action have you done to fight against organized crime?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Right now, if you aren't growing your own weed or getting a prescription for it then you ARE supporting organized crime. Pretending you're not is just dishonest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Well, at least we've managed to have OTI and Gunnair whining in harmony instead of trying to insult each other without going over the line and losing their bet. Who says pot doesn't promote peace?

OTI is at least logically consistent and maintains that legalization won't improve the situation, so let's not legalize. But for heaven's sake don't prohibit alcohol, because while prohibition works for pot it doesn't for alcohol. Okay, so not so logically consistent.

Gunnair just goes for inconsistency right off the bat. Legalizing pot won't make a whit of difference, but let's legalize it anyway, just for no reason. Maybe so people will leave him alone about his drinking or talk about prohibiting it. Drugs of choice for everybody.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Seeing as he's been in the navy for 20 some years I imagine he's boarded a fair number of vessels to do intercessions. He's likely worked with the RCMP and helped clean out gang operated grow ops in the Gulf Islands and along the coast......rather than sit at the Leg on 420 and smoke a joint and claim it's a form of social protest

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Say he's done that. So what? He wants to legalize, but never talks about any benefits that would arise from it, just argues with people who do think benefits will come from it. Guess just so people leave him alone about his drug use, a far more harmful drug, and people won't go to the Leg to advocate for making it illegal.

Lots of cops who have done far more drug busts than Gunnair conceivably could (never hear about navy drug busts, just cop ones) are in favor of legalization. Because they think it will cause less harm than the current situation, including putting a bite on gang crime. (ie the people actually tasked with fighting this crime). They don't want to legalize just for shits and giggles, they know about the futility and harm of of the war on drugs.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 pm

andyt andyt:
Well, at least we've managed to have OTI and Gunnair whining in harmony instead of trying to insult each other without going over the line and losing their bet. Who says pot doesn't promote peace?

OTI is at least logically consistent and maintains that legalization won't improve the situation, so let's not legalize. But for heaven's sake don't prohibit alcohol, because while prohibition works for pot it doesn't for alcohol. Okay, so not so logically consistent.

Gunnair just goes for inconsistency right off the bat. Legalizing pot won't make a whit of difference, but let's legalize it anyway, just for no reason. Maybe so people will leave him alone about his drinking or talk about prohibiting it. Drugs of choice for everybody.

The both of them should have their own cartoon show. Then maybe we could have a rational conversation outside of it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm

Curtman Curtman:

It's not my fight.

I just know that I don't support OC buy buying drugs....like some people here do and have done in the past.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
Curtman Curtman:

It's not my fight.

I just know that I don't support OC buy buying drugs....like some people here do and have done in the past.

Meh.. You can't blame him for that. It's socially acceptable in some circles.

post1802485?hilit=%20whiskey#p1802485
Gunnair Gunnair:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Or you on Scotch whiskey? :lol:

Oh yeah... [drool]

Some of us support removing the criminal element from Marijuana.

Last edited by Curtman on Mon May 13, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:21 pm

andyt andyt:

We can't turn back the clock on alcohol and tobacco and just ban the substance after such a long time of being legal and industries designed around them.

What we can do it learn from our mistakes. I think we've learned some painful lessons from both. We cannot just legalize everything because we're not winning the fight. We spend a lot of money and resources trying to prevent things that we can't provent but we do so because it's the right thing to do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

andyt andyt:
Say he's done that. So what? He wants to legalize, but never talks about any benefits that would arise from it, just argues with people who do think benefits will come from it. Guess just so people leave him alone about his drug use, a far more harmful drug, and people won't go to the Leg to advocate for making it illegal.

Lots of cops who have done far more drug busts than Gunnair conceivably could (never hear about navy drug busts, just cop ones) are in favor of legalization. Because they think it will cause less harm than the current situation, including putting a bite on gang crime. (ie the people actually tasked with fighting this crime). They don't want to legalize just for shits and giggles, they know about the futility and harm of of the war on drugs.

Gunnair and me are in the middle, I guess... pro-legalization but don't believe it will be as rosy as you and Curtman seem to think. Me, I just hate laws that have the sole purpose of protecting people from themselves.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:23 pm

andyt andyt:

Not supporting your party line is hardly a sign if inconsistency. I support legalization for the simple fact I think it's dumb to have pot illegal and smokes and booze legal. It's a sin so tax it don't make it illegal. It's you tilting tossing out the nonsense that gangs will melt away before the sudden overwhelming moral onslaught of legal pot smokers out to buy more expensive products taxed by the government.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Why is it dumb to make them illegal? If gangs will be just as much involved in pot after legalization, that means there will be no legal pot sold. That sounds pretty dumb - set up the infrastructure for no sales.

Or, you could quite fighting straw men about legalization getting rid of all gangs, and realize that legalization will greatly reduce gang income from pot. And, since a large percentage of pot production and sales will be legal, it will allow the police to direct more resources to busting the illegal sales of the stuff, making it even harder for gangs to operate in this area.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
I support legalization

Thank you, that was enough of an apology. You had to attack my family for partisan reasons?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 10  11  12  13  14  15  16 ... 18  Next