Title: A fifth of all plant species facing extinction: scientists
Category: Environmental
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2010-10-01 20:08:07
Canadian

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 am

People�s selfishness knows no bounds; it is what is killing our world. You can say it is because of pollution, pesticides, deforestation, global warming, etc. but when it comes right down to it all these things stem from selfishness. Individuals who make tons and tons of money which has ultimately lead to this, the people making billions of dollars don�t think about the planet they think about their pocket books.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:05 pm

I hope tofu goes extinct, that will teach those self riteous kooks like Paul Mcartney

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:13 pm

CrazyNewfie CrazyNewfie:
People�s selfishness knows no bounds; it is what is killing our world. You can say it is because of pollution, pesticides, deforestation, global warming, etc. but when it comes right down to it all these things stem from selfishness. Individuals who make tons and tons of money which has ultimately lead to this, the people making billions of dollars don�t think about the planet they think about their pocket books.

I love it when the media is able to completely brainwash people into believing absolutely everything they say. The Earth does this naturally, it is called mass extinctions, or minor extinctions, the earth is a bitch that enjoys drastically changing temperature on its own, and is well documented before humans ever started polluting. There was a site somewhere (I would love to find it again, but I never have) that actually did the math and pegged us at less than 1% of climate change, funny how that works.

EDIT: amazingly I found the site closing months of searching.
http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html

Last edited by jeff744 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Obviously, all those Third World types who are obliterating the rain forests need to be told by more enlightened European and North American folks what to do with their lands.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:57 pm

It's funny indeed that man is so arrogant that we think it's all in our hands. Nature takes it's course, regardless of what we do, invent, or don't invent.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:47 pm

Serves those plants right for not producing delicious fruits, pretty flowers or nutritious grains.

I say we don't need useless plants! Only hardworking plants!

I'm just sick and tired of having a significant portion of my CO2 production used by plants that will never even do anything for me in return.