canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:03 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=19969" target="_blank">All immigration by 2030</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=News_Links&file=category&catid=14" target="_blank">Misc CDN</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=tritium" target="_blank">tritium</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-03-15 10:22:50
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:03 pm

Quebec's Baby Bonus: Can Public Policy Raise Fertility?

Maybe we need to raise the baby bonus and offer free college education for new borns in Canada for a 10 year period to boost domestic population growth?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 pm

$1:
Immigration is fuelling two-thirds of Canada's population growth and will likely become the only source of gains by 2030, according to a national census snapshot released yesterday.

Now do you people understand me when I talk about suicidal liberalism?

Liberals are aborting and birth controlling themselves into extinction. :roll:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:45 pm

$1:

Liberals are aborting and birth controlling themselves into extinction.

The immigrants will replace them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:53 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:
Immigration is fuelling two-thirds of Canada's population growth and will likely become the only source of gains by 2030, according to a national census snapshot released yesterday.

Ridiculous :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:59 pm

We have a natural growth rate (births over deaths) that is accounting for 30% of the population as of the last census. When the baby boomers drop off so too will that average and deaths will overtake births. As we need an economy, and in order for an economy to be sustained also requires a constant state of growth, we have a crisis looming on the horizon.

A national childcare program isn't going to cut it, nor will a baby bonus. Having young families shacked with tens of thousands in student loan debt isn't helping future prospects either. The 1st priority should be to improve what we have before adding new programs.

Immigration reform is critical, we need more if we are to keep moving. With more volume will be more of the bad so quality control will have to be regulated instead of every province running their own show. We should have a probation period so that repeat offenders get blacklisted faster and deported rather than having our system process other countries criminals.

Adoption should be streamlined and incentives given so that childless couples can also contribute. As it stands because of the special status bestowed upon native Indians adoption is cumbersome and excessively expensive for the vast majority of families trying the adoption process. It's time for that system to be grandfathered out and a new, far simpler system that does not take in to account race be implemented and regulated at the federal level. Special needs children will still require more scrutiny but with proper training it can be managed.

Lastly, the education system needs to provide opportunities and not close doors. So when a college folds because it failed to meet standards and takes off with millions in student loans the students should not be on the hook. More programs for immigrants should be created with the goal of conversion. We shouldn't have doctors driving cabs.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:02 pm

sandorski sandorski:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:

Ridiculous :roll:

I agree. It is.